New to Oceania, Tell All Please

Jimbo

So how do their bookings work...........What's included in their prices? Cruise Fare and Cruise Air ? Can you just pick cruise fare without taking their Air?

and what is this O-Life, do you pay for that or what is included with that? Internet, Tips, Excursions, is it different depending on what itinerary you chose.

Is the O-life different for shorter and longer cruises?

How do their deposits work? Is it refundable or do they have non-refundable booking too?

What ship is the nicest? are some better then others?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

So how do their bookings work...........What's included in their prices? Cruise Fare and Cruise Air ? Can you just pick cruise fare without taking their Air?

and what is this O-Life, do you pay for that or what is included with that? Internet, Tips, Excursions, is it different depending on what itinerary you chose.

Is the O-life different for shorter and longer cruises?

How do their deposits work? Is it refundable or do they have non-refundable booking too?

What ship is the nicest? are some better then others?

Find find a TA who is an Oceania Connoisseurs Club member. They can answer all your questions accurately and provide significant perks like Commission sharing.

Also, before asking for someone here on CC to write a response that could take pages and still not answer your questions, peruse the various Oceania forums where you will find all you need. 

FWIW, you can book "cruise only" or "O Life w/air" or "O Life w/air credit". If you do ship excursions, the O Life excursions option (rather than SBC or basic booze options) has real value. How much you get of what depends on itinerary length/cost/destinations. All fares get conplimentary beverages, specialty restaurants and unlimited internet. And don't forget the complimentary cruise after you complete tl20 segments!

But, again, you'll learn (and save) far more ofvthe specifics/inquiries by doing some research here and finding the right TA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Find find a TA who is an Oceania Connoisseurs Club member. They can answer all your questions accurately and provide significant perks like Commission sharing.

Also, before asking for someone here on CC to write a response that could take pages and still not answer your questions, peruse the various Oceania forums where you will find all you need. 

FWIW, you can book "cruise only" or "O Life w/air" or "O Life w/air credit". If you do ship excursions, the O Life excursions option (rather than SBC or basic booze options) has real value. How much you get of what depends on itinerary length/cost/destinations. All fares get conplimentary beverages, specialty restaurants and unlimited internet. And don't forget the complimentary cruise after you complete tl20 segments!

But, again, you'll learn (and save) far more ofvthe specifics/inquiries by doing some research here and finding the right TA.

Great response which is well deserved.

• Like 1

Deposits are refundable if you cancel at a certain point.  It will be specified on your invoice (but also your TA should inform you).  Usually 121 days before boarding I THINK ... haven't tried that recently.

Oceania's air is not required -- if you do not accept it, you get a deduction on your fare.  If you don't want a coach fare, then you should find our own business fare -- it's far more expensive to use O's air if you want higher status.  Usually we book business on our own.

For US, oLife is mostly beneficial if we can find appropriate ship's tours that we like.  That doesn't always happen since we have been more likely to do private tours in the past.  We don't care for the drink package (DH doesn't drink so it would be a waste) and we get free internet already.  We are gold status so we get a number of perks that newbies like you will NOT get.

oLife can differ according to your itinerary pretty much based on length of the cruise.  So you would get more "free" ship's tours on a 24 day cruise than you would on a 14 day cruise.  OBC would differ as well.  It's generally per person.

It's really not brain surgery.  If you don't see benefits offered for YOUR cruise that you might not get otherwise, then take oLife.  If not, just take cruise only.

Flatbush's response was right on the money.

Mura

8 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Especially to someone with almost 7000 posts on CC.

Mostly Cruise on RCL so not up on any Oceania Cruises.Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this cruiseline.

Cruise I'm looking at is on Regatta, September 2021 leaving from Vancouver ending in LA, California. 12 nights.

Looking at a A1 Concierge Level Verandah

Okay now that's more info, coming from  the East Coast.............so I gave you more info...........so now what would be included as far as O-Life, with Air from PHL

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Mostly Cruise on RCL so not up on any Oceania Cruises.Sorry for my lack of knowledge on this cruiseline.

Cruise I'm looking at is on Regatta, September 2021 leaving from Vancouver ending in LA, California. 12 nights.

Looking at a A1 Concierge Level Verandah

Okay now that's more info, coming from  the East Coast.............so I gave you more info...........so now what would be included as far as O-Life, with Air from PHL

If you like aft-facing cabins like we do, there are four A1 cabins on decks 7 and 8 and two A2 cabins on deck 6 that usually get booked pretty fast.

Edited by Ken the cruiser
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ken the cruiser said:

If you like aft-facing cabins like we do, there are four A1 cabins (decks 7 and 😎 and two A2 cabins (deck 6) that usually get booked pretty fast.

How much would the down payment be and is it refundable if we change our minds?

3 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

How much would the down payment be and is it refundable if we change our minds?

Easiest way to answer that question is for you to do a fake booking of the cruise you are interested in and see what the minimum deposit would be. You may have to create an account, though, to do that if you haven't created one yet.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Jumbo -what I meant by saying that you have 7K posts is that you should be familiar enough with CC and the search function.

Every single question you had asked has been discussed extensively over and over.

For example, do a search for O Life or Concierge cabins and you’ll get more info than you even want.

Ditto for all the other topics.

Then, if you have more specific questions after all that search, come back and we’ll be happy to help you.

Also, you’ll find many answers here:

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/legal/terms-conditions/

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Jumbo -what I meant by saying that you have 7K posts is that you should be familiar enough with CC and the search function.

Every single question you had asked has been discussed extensively over and over.

For example, do a search for O Life or Concierge cabins and you’ll get more info than you even want.

Then, if you have more specific questions after all that search, come back and we’ll be happy to help you.

Agreed. It doesn't look like OP wants to lift a finger to get the info.

Booking with Oceania has many possible ways to cut a deal. A mock booking could be done with/without O Life and, if O Life, with/without air. The O Life choices are all explained on the Oceania web and the zillion existing CC posts on which circumstances warrant which O Life option are just waiting to be accessed.

OP: Once again OP, find a Connoisseurs Club TA whose job it is to handhold. Gee, you could even call Oceania direct and get your answers far faster than having us take the time to write out all the possibilities.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

13 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Search feature never works after CC keeps doing those updates. okay did the dummy booking and says deposit is $1500,,,,,,,,,,but it doesn't say anything about if deposit is refundable or non refundable???  So how does this cruiseline handle deposits?

6 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

Agreed. It doesn't look like OP wants to lift a finger to get the info. Booking with Oceania has many possible ways to cut a deal. 

Once again OP, find a Connoisseurs Club TA whose job it is to handhold. Gee, you could even call Oceania direct and get your answers far faster than having us take the time to write out all the possibilities.

Geez this forum is rough......... sorry to bother you.

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Geez this forum is rough......... sorry to bother you.

No problem- call Oceania tomorrow and a rep will answer all your questions far more efficaciously than we can do here. For the last time, there are many many ways to slice and dice your deal with Oceania (particularly since so much may be changing often due to Covid-19 planning).

FWIW, there's a reason why more than 70% of Oceania bookings are repeat customers.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Search feature never works after CC keeps doing those updates. okay did the dummy booking and says deposit is $1500,,,,,,,,,,but it doesn't say anything about if deposit is refundable or non refundable???  So how does this cruiseline handle deposits?

You obviously didn’t read the link I gave you because in it, among other things, you’ll find this:

Cancellation and Refunds Policy  
All cancellations must be in writing and received by Oceania Cruises no later than the day before cancellation penalties are to be assessed. Fare is defined as the full cost of any cruise or air component purchased from Oceania Cruises, excluding optional facilities and services fees. Please refer to the full Terms and Conditions of the Guest Ticket/Contract for fees relating to the cancellation of optional facilities and services. 

The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all written cancellations received up to the scheduled time of departure.

Cruises of less than 15 Days:

DAYS PRIOR
TO CRUISE SAIL DATE - CANCELLATION AMOUNT

• 91-120 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++
  • 76-90 Days Prior - 25% of Fare
  • 61-75 Days Prior - 50% of Fare
  • 31-60 Days Prior - 75% of Fare
  • 0-30 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

Cruises 15 days or longer except 180-Day Voyages: 

DAYS PRIOR 

• 151-180 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++
  • 121-150 Days Prior - 25% of Fare
  • 91-120 Days Prior - 50% of Fare
  • 61-90 Days Prior - 75% of Fare
  • 0-60 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

180-Day Voyages

DAYS PRIOR

• Deposit-181 Days Prior - $500 per person 
  • 151-180 Days Prior - 25% of Fare
  • 121-150 Days Prior - 50% of Fare
  • 91-120 Days Prior - 75% of Fare
  • 0-90 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The deposit has always been completely refundable on the 10 cruises we've been on, up to 4 months out where it then starts to get prorated as you get closer to the cruise.

One thing to keep in mind is that an Oceania cruise is a much more "relaxed" cruise line than RCL or X, but their food is pretty tasty and the specialty restaurants are free.

A good place to look is on the Oceania website under FAQ

https://oceaniacruises.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/ships/regatta/suites-staterooms/

Deposits are refundable  up to 121  days  for cruises under 14 days then penalties kick in

The  A B & C cabins are all the same size  C is ocean view

If you want the perks of  a Concierge cabin like early boarding  Noon instead of later  

early booking of Specialty restaurants  60 days prior instead of 45   for the  B cabins

Compare what you get with the A cabins  & the lower  cat

PH come with in suite dining for dinner from the Specialties Plus a butler

Some here would rather complain about refunds than be helpful 🙄

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

No problem- call Oceania tomorrow and a rep will answer all your questions far more efficaciously than we can do here. For the last time, there are many many ways to slice and dice your deal with Oceania. 

FWIW, there's a reason why more than 70% of Oceania bookings are repeat customers.

if  the posts are beneath you  then just pass  them by

Yes of course people can use the search feature   but so what if they choose to just ask the questions first

you are not compelled to answer

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

You obviously didn’t read the link I gave you because in it, among other things, you’ll find this:

All cancellations must be in writing and received by Oceania Cruises no later than the day before cancellation penalties are to be assessed. Fare is defined as the full cost of any cruise or air component purchased from Oceania Cruises, excluding optional facilities and services fees. Please refer to the full Terms and Conditions of the Guest Ticket/Contract for fees relating to the cancellation of optional facilities and services. 

The following cancellation charges will be assessed for all written cancellations received up to the scheduled time of departure.

Cruises of less than 15 Days:

DAYS PRIOR

• 91-120 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++
  • 76-90 Days Prior - 25% of Fare
  • 61-75 Days Prior - 50% of Fare
  • 31-60 Days Prior - 75% of Fare
  • 0-30 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

Cruises 15 days or longer except 180-Day Voyages: 

DAYS PRIOR 

• 151-180 Days Prior - $250 per person administrative fee++
  • 121-150 Days Prior - 25% of Fare
  • 91-120 Days Prior - 50% of Fare
  • 61-90 Days Prior - 75% of Fare
  • 0-60 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

180-Day Voyages

DAYS PRIOR

• Deposit-181 Days Prior - $500 per person 
  • 151-180 Days Prior - 25% of Fare
  • 121-150 Days Prior - 50% of Fare
  • 91-120 Days Prior - 75% of Fare
  • 0-90 Days Prior - 100% of Fare

Thanks, guess I missed that link when reading answers and watching the Tv show "Suits"

3 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The deposit has always been completely refundable on the 10 cruises we've been on, up to 4 months out where it then starts to get prorated as you get closer to the cruise.

One thing to keep in mind is that an Oceania cruise is a much more "relaxed" cruise line than RCL or X, but their food is pretty tasty and the specialty restaurants are free.

Yes, I see the pro-rated partial deposits I would lose depending when I cancel.

You said Oceania is much more relaxed, I think we would like that plus have ALOT less people onboard. It would be unlike any cruise we have ever done. Sounds good, How are the staterooms and upkeep of their ships?

14 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

Yeah, I've seen that every time. That's why we canceled when we did, to get even the deposit back.

15 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Thanks, guess I missed that link when reading answers and watching the Tv show "Suits"

Yes, I see the pro-rated partial deposits I would lose depending when I cancel.

You said Oceania is much more relaxed, I think we would like that plus have ALOT less people onboard. It would be unlike any cruise we have ever done. Sounds good, How are the staterooms and upkeep of their ships?

they do keep them  well

Regatta  had the refurb done  Sept 2019

There is a video  of the Insignia NEXT   that will show you all the upgrades

check youtube also

14 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

The Regatta is a R class ship. The only issue we have with a balcony cabin on the R class ships is that they have a small shower stall, approximately 2.5' x 3'. It's not an issue for us, but some folks have a real issue with them. But other than that, we have found the balcony cabins quite adequate. As far as upkeep goes, they've always seemed quite elegant to us without displaying too much wear and tear.

I trust by now you have been convinced that you can get your deposit back -- as long as you cancel in the appropriate time frame, which will be shown on your invoice -- Yes???

Good luck!

Rather than worrying about the deposit, it may be more important to worry about getting money back IF you have to cancel AFTER final payment.

Mura

35 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

The Regatta is a R class ship. The only issue we have with a balcony cabin on the R class ships is that they have a small shower stall, approximately 2.5' x 3'. It's not an issue for us, but some folks have a real issue with them. But other than that, we have found the balcony cabins quite adequate. As far as upkeep goes, they've always seemed quite elegant to us without displaying too much wear and tear.

Since the ship is smaller, but with a lot less people, but does the ship still feel crowded like the mega-ships do? or can you really tell there are only about 650 passengers onboard?

19 minutes ago, Mura said:

I trust by now you have been convinced that you can get your deposit back -- as long as you cancel in the appropriate time frame, which will be shown on your invoice -- Yes???

Good luck!

Rather than worrying about the deposit, it may be more important to worry about getting money back IF you have to cancel AFTER final payment.

Mura

Pretty much know you would be losing money when canceling after final payment like any other cruiseline?