Questions on Future Cruise Credit and Onboard Credit (merged May 4)

FLAlaska

7 hours ago, foggyphils said:

So I have a multiple cruise cancellation conundrum.

What happens if you are booked on a 7 day cruise in July and it gets cancelled. Then you use the FCC and $600obc on a 5 day cruise in August.
But what happens if the 5 day gets cancelled?

How much OBC will you get for the next cruise? Will you get the original $600 or does it get bumped down to $300?

According to several other cruisers’ PVPs you will only get $300obc
On JH FB page, his assistant says you get to keep the $600.

I’m not sure what/who to “believe”🤷🏻‍♀️

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would say if you rebook a 5 day you get $300, find a 6 day or longer. 

3 hours ago, firefly333 said:

I have yet to get a email from ccl of amt. The day my cruise was cancelled I picked out a new one, my ta moved the entire amount from the cancelled cruise and gave me a fcc tracking number. If I ever get a fcc email from ccl I'll check it, but 100% was moved, and since fcc is 100% on ccl doesnt matter to me what it's called.

It matters to others

22 hours ago, aaconsumer55 said:

In the email I received it says:

Regardless of the option you choose, your taxes, fees and port expenses, Carnival Vacation Protection, pre-paid gratuities, pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions, beverage and Wi-Fi packages, and Fun Shop purchases will be automatically refunded to the original form of payment”

in addition, the reference to FCC is notated with an asterisk with the fine print:

*The Future Cruise Credit (FCC) is based on the cancellation fees retained by Carnival for this voyage, including Fly2Fun air if applicable

I booked via a TA so cancelled and re-booked through the same TA.
Now waiting on docs from TA that confirms my understanding.
waiting patiently

I spoke with Carnival today and confirmed my understanding was correct - FCC is issued in an amount equal to the cancellation fee.  The remaining balance I will get refunded on original form of payment.  Now if you request to apply the balance to your future cruise, they will accommodate.  In my case since the new cruise is considerably less $$ and a year away, it made since to only apply the FCC to the future cruise and get balance refunded.

How do you know you have the $600 credit? Is there an online area which you can see the credit.  Would feel better actually viewing the credit than getting on board and finding out it's not there.

My PVP told me the OBC should show up on your cabin confirmation email. It will not be listed in your online cruise booking details like a normal promotional OBC. I haven't yet booked a cruise so I don't know if this is true. I've had the same PVP for fourteen years and have never known him not to honest with me.

33 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

How do you know you have the $600 credit? Is there an online area which you can see the credit.  Would feel better actually viewing the credit than getting on board and finding out it's not there.

Act like you want to print your cruise documents. It will be on there. 

36 minutes ago, topaz123 said:

If you go on the carnival website, find your cruise and go to your cruise manager. Click the link to print documents and you should see it in there. You do not have to actually print them though. 

HTH

Good afternoon.  A little background before my question.  We originally booked a cruise in April for 2 of us which was paid in full.  We paid $1,136.94 which included prepaid tips in the amount of $139.90.  Right before that cruise was cancelled, we cancelled that and re-booked to an August cruise out of San Juan.  When we booked the 2nd cruise, we put an additional cash deposit down of $198.00.  So we have put in a total of $1,334.94.  After we booked, the price of the cruise went down and we received an OBC for price protection.  As a result of the first cancellation, we were offered a $300 OBC (5 days) for re-booking.  Looking at my invoice for the August cruise, we are currently showing a $300 OBC but I believe it should be more.  Now to make matters worse (or maybe easier) the August cruise is cancelled and we will be re-booking again to a cruise next year.  Carnival is now offering $600 OBC for 7 day cruises.  I understand I will not get the original $300 offer plus the $600 offer but I think getting shorted some OBC.  Am I wrong in thinking that the total value of my FCC, account credit, whatever you want to call it should be $1,934.94 ($1,136.94 paid + $198 add pmt + $600 obc offer)?  My August cruise invoice shows $1044.72 plus $300 obc.  It looks like they reduced the original OBC cancellation credit from my OBC from the price reduction, even though we paid cash.

I hope that makes sense.

I'd have to do the math, but the first mistake is including tips. You should get refunded prepaid tips, they are  not part of the fcc, nor are fees and taxes. So it's very hard to sort out with half the information I'd need.

The fcc is only cruisefare. Now you are throwing in the $300 incentive which goes away when its cancelled or any other promotions. You start fresh on the new booking, which is 6 not 7 days or longer you get $600 -obc.

You should get the obc from the price reduction, as that is part of cruisefare. But you  need to remove all port fees and taxes and prepaid tips.

There are cases where port fees and taxes could have been moved to new booking but doesnt sound like you know. But they are not part of the fcc amt issued. 

Edited by firefly333

It's the "new math".

I have yet to figure out my fare changes.  First cruise cancelled in April was for this month, I re-booked in August which was scrubbeed, and now third time around.

I've given up trying to subtract this and add that.

The only positive is that it shows OBC of $622 and my pre-paid gratuities are shown as paid.

Lots of things supposedly to be refunded in awhile, paid specialty dinners, Wi-Fi, port fees, and Cruise Cash.

David

On 5/8/2020 at 9:48 AM, topaz123 said:

If you login and go to print your cruise docs, the OBC will be listed on the statement

• 3 weeks later...

Yup....found it....it's on the screen to print documents.....I have a credit card refund coming for overpayment....seems to be taking a long, long time Carnival says it will show up, but expect a long delay.