150% FCC now only getting 125%

Liverpool Lin

We should have sailed with Princess on 04/11/2020, we had free flights also.

The cruise was cancelled three weeks before we should have sailed from Barcelona. I was offered two options and went for option One.

Option 1: Transfer Money Paid + Bonus Future Cruise Credit (higher value) being 150% FCC

Based upon this we should be receiving 150% FCC, I have now received an email from my TA saying we will now be getting 125% FCC. I understand from previous posts on this subject that Port taxes free flights may not be included, hence a drop. I have tried contacting my TA but there is a 7 day wait on emails being dealt with. But I based my decision on accepting the original 150% FCC. Not on accepting 125%FCC.

Can anyone explain why Princess have lowered our FCC. 

Edited by Liverpool Lin
Title too small

According to the published information I am aware of, unless there is an exception for UK bookings, you should be eligible for the 150% option as you indicate and don't know why that would change with your original sailing date to 125%.  But if there is a way to reach out to your TA or Princess via phone I would do so to discuss in person rather than rely solely on emails, especially if there is a delay as you say with responses.

I hope you can reach someone and get this resolved.  

Just now, voljeep said:

7 day email response from a TA - totally unacceptable, even with these circumstances … time for a new, more responsive  TA

While I agree, that unfortunately won't help the OP with their current situation. Also don't know if there are different practices in the UK with all that is going on right now.  The 7 days might be the email response time from Princess to the TA. Maybe it's a result of staffing reductions.  Who knows?  But if so, I would add that the TA should be indicating that.

• Thanks 1

We just got this email for our April 15 booking:

"

Our records indicate that you cancelled your vacation with us amid the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic on a cruise that we subsequently cancelled as part of our global pause in operations. We know you’re waiting for your refund and we wanted to make sure you were aware you that you are eligible for this higher value Future Cruise Credit (FCC) offer.

The full 100% value of your booking towards a future cruise* and a refund of prepaid purchases such as shore excursion and special service items

A future cruise credit of 100%, 50% or 25% of your cruise fare (varies by cruise departure date, see chart below)

ADDITIONAL future cruise credit of 25% of your cruise fare

*Transfer of funds to a future booking or as a future cruise credit

Your Departure
Date in 2020

Standard Future
Cruise Credit

ADDITIONAL Future
Cruise Credit

Mar 12 - Mar 25

100%

25%

Mar 26 - Apr 8

50%

25%

Apr 8 - May 10

25%

25%

All FCCs can be used on any cruise that sails on or before May 1, 2022.

To take advantage of this higher value offer, please complete this online form ❯ by May 31, 2020 and we will automatically credit your My Princess Account ❯ and let you know once it’s available. Alternatively, if you would still like to receive a full refund (which also includes the standard future cruise credits shown above), you don’t need to do anything as this will be the default option.

OK--so NOW I am totally confused.  DH and I both received these emails as discussed here from Princess this AM. The 2 Princess cruises we had booked for May, 2020 sailings were cancelled in March.  On  3/13/20,  we returned the Booking Compensation Form for Option 1, and received a Receipt from Princess for this form.  Today we get the emails--are we supposed to do this again?  The only change to anything I can see is originally you had until 12/31/21 to use the FCC's...now they've extended this to May, 2022.  Can anyone figure this out why we're going through this a 2nd time?  

Looks like yet ANOTHER call to Princess is in order (probably us and a few thousand other people, I think)....😕

48 minutes ago, Cruzinnana47 said:

OK--so NOW I am totally confused.  DH and I both received these emails as discussed here from Princess this AM. The 2 Princess cruises we had booked for May, 2020 sailings were cancelled in March.  On  3/13/20,  we returned the Booking Compensation Form for Option 1, and received a Receipt from Princess for this form.  Today we get the emails--are we supposed to do this again?  The only change to anything I can see is originally you had until 12/31/21 to use the FCC's...now they've extended this to May, 2022.  Can anyone figure this out why we're going through this a 2nd time?  

Looks like yet ANOTHER call to Princess is in order (probably us and a few thousand other people, I think)....😕

I got it too- Had already did it awhile ago-filled it out just in case

Appears the TA is quoting only the "Standard" FCC and not including the "ADDITIONAL" 25% ?

There's no way to work the offer reported by Kevin the Irish DJ and only come up with 125%

6 hours ago, Liverpool Lin said:

We should have sailed with Princess on 04/11/2020, we had free flights also.

The cruise was cancelled three weeks before we should have sailed from Barcelona. I was offered two options and went for option One.

Option 1: Transfer Money Paid + Bonus Future Cruise Credit (higher value) being 150% FCC

Based upon this we should be receiving 150% FCC, I have now received an email from my TA saying we will now be getting 125% FCC. I understand from previous posts on this subject that Port taxes free flights may not be included, hence a drop. I have tried contacting my TA but there is a 7 day wait on emails being dealt with. But I based my decision on accepting the original 150% FCC. Not on accepting 125%FCC.

Can anyone explain why Princess have lowered our FCC. 

Is the TA telling you it is  only 125% or is that the result you get when you do the math?

To the OP:  Looking at the chart shown in Post #5 above, with an April 11 sail date, you would get 100% FCC plus 25% "Standard FCC" plus 25% "ADDITIONAL FCC" for the 150% you expected. I just checked our accounts, and the FCCs for our April 4 trip match that chart and haven't changed - 100% + 50% + 25% totalling the 175% we were promised in mid-March (and which were applied to both our CC accounts weeks ago) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, KevintheIrishDJ said:

We just got this email for our April 15 booking:

"

Our records indicate that you cancelled your vacation with us amid the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic on a cruise that we subsequently cancelled as part of our global pause in operations. We know you’re waiting for your refund and we wanted to make sure you were aware you that you are eligible for this higher value Future Cruise Credit (FCC) offer.

The full 100% value of your booking towards a future cruise* and a refund of prepaid purchases such as shore excursion and special service items

A future cruise credit of 100%, 50% or 25% of your cruise fare (varies by cruise departure date, see chart below)

ADDITIONAL future cruise credit of 25% of your cruise fare

*Transfer of funds to a future booking or as a future cruise credit

Your Departure
Date in 2020

Standard Future
Cruise Credit

ADDITIONAL Future
Cruise Credit

Mar 12 - Mar 25

100%

25%

Mar 26 - Apr 8

50%

25%

Apr 8 - May 10

25%

25%

All FCCs can be used on any cruise that sails on or before May 1, 2022.

To take advantage of this higher value offer, please complete this online form ❯ by May 31, 2020 and we will automatically credit your My Princess Account ❯ and let you know once it’s available. Alternatively, if you would still like to receive a full refund (which also includes the standard future cruise credits shown above), you don’t need to do anything as this will be the default option.

Interesting. Our July cruised was cancelled by Princess Wednesday.  Although the details of the options differ, in our case the default option is to take the FCC bonus. If one wants a cash refund, an online form must be completed, the opposite of what the above cancellations required.

• Like 1

Just now, Liverpool Lin said:

Hi there, Thanks for your reply. This is not what we were offered, it was definitely 150% FCC.  I am now going to try the TA again, fingers crossed....

Did you and cabin mate both get FCC showing in your cruise Personalizer?