Whats the deal with Inclusive Retreat fares???

nyc2pdx

They aren't inclusive at all...to get the 4 perks, it is another $2k.  Seems like the suites should be inclusive.  I mean, by that token, they are the same as all the other staterooms.

Has anyone noticed this?

I most anyone who has priced when there  are resident or senior rates that are sometime offered with no perks has noticed the difference. 

We have a 15 night cruise in a suite booked with 4 perks, the price with 0 perks was $825 pp. less.  The daily gratuties  and the beverage alone would cost $1527pp  For us the 4 perk price works, for others the 0 perk price works.  Great to have choices. 

Edited by jelayne
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I've never seen a cruise fare that didn't bump up in price once you include the perks.  The only exception would be when booking the Royal Suite and above, which already include the perks so one can opt for the resident rate or the base fare rate.  I don't think the perks are being advertised as "free" although the word "perk" can be misleading.  For us, "perk" just means that we are paying a little more up front and possibly saving some money on the things we would have purchased anyway once on board (ie. drinks package, gratuities etc.).

• Like 1

I thought they had made the perks a permanent inclusion for all the suites a few months ago? The prices all went up after they redid the Retreat web pages and made it seem like it was all included going forward. I didn't realize that you could still get the perks removed and lower your cruise price. If true then those Retreat pages are misleading since you are not getting anything "included" if you can remove them and have your price lowered.

17 hours ago, nyc2pdx said:

They aren't inclusive at all...to get the 4 perks, it is another $2k.  Seems like the suites should be inclusive.  I mean, by that token, they are the same as all the other staterooms.

Has anyone noticed this?

All suites have luminae and free drinks in lounge , if you want to splurge royal suites are amazing and includes everything 

• Thanks 1

The only way I know to book a suite without perks is to find a sailing with Resident/Senior/Xciting Deals rates.  These are usually only offered close to or after final payment when they have excess inventory.  You can't normally just take the perks away for a lower price on a suite.

My point is that when I open it up, it noted the suites start at, say, $4000 and everything included.  But, when I open it up, that $4000 is without the 'perks', so it really isn't all inclusive unless you pay the higher fare they offer you later in the booking process.  Just seems misleading to me.  I would say to show the included price and then offer to have the perks removed if you want them off.

The sailing you are looking at must have one of these special rates.  Celebrity's website is notoriously bad.  Many TA websites are much better at showing the various fares and NRD/Refundable deposits.

52 minutes ago, George C said:

All suites have luminae and free drinks in lounge , if you want to splurge royal suites are amazing and includes everything 

RS and above include as amenities  the Premium Beverage pkg and wi-fi. The daily gratuity and  $300 OBC are not included as amenities, for those you must have all 4 perks pricing.

4 minutes ago, jelayne said:

RS and above include as amenities  the Premium Beverage pkg and wi-fi. The daily gratuity and  $300 OBC are not included as amenities, for those you must have all 4 perks pricing.

Thanks they were included for mine but that was a charter so I believe charter took care of that. Also unlimited specialty restaurants. We have same royal suite booked on same charter for next year.

29 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

The only way I know to book a suite without perks is to find a sailing with Resident/Senior/Xciting Deals rates.  These are usually only offered close to or after final payment when they have excess inventory.  You can't normally just take the perks away for a lower price on a suite.

That has been our experience.  Nov 2018 we booked a Suite on a repo for this year and the Suite pricing on repos did not include perks.  Currently ever Suite we have priced includes the 4 perks, I’m not seeing a cruise only price.  

16 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

I took a screen shot a senior rate and the other has all 4 perks booked in a S2. This is a 7 night cruise. 

Celebrity.jpg

This is a great deal. We saw several of these rates  but it is a temporary great deal.  Usually a suite guarantee will get a price without perks and you will get a sky suite with out perks.  The suite guarantee is usually not offered until after final payment.  We have sailed in a Sky suite without perks before and it was fine for us.  You can carry a wine from Micheals/retreat into Luminae for dinner.  No drinks are free in Luminae if you don't have the package.  It really depends how much you like to drink with during your meals.  We are also Elite so we can have free drinks at other bars during happy hour for variety.  To us tips and OBC are just dollar amounts in the bottom line price comparison.  We don't even use the free internet we get with Elite on most cruises so that perk is not a biggie to us when on vacation.