Captains Club Customer Service Non Existent

dabear

18 hours ago, ChucktownSteve said:

Yup. I retired to sunny FL a couple of years ago so I could be closer to Port Everglades.  Have two X cruises just booked because of it. 😄

I have two X cruises booked too.  One on Connie in April 2021 and one on Reflection in May 2021.  Have you sailed with Captain Kate yet?  That is my next bucket cruise.

OP, I did not have to hold at all when I called to book a new cruise on May 21 and the other day a Celebrity CVP called me and we chatted for about 10 minutes.  Have held for hour or more with Royal trying to get my refund they owe me for canceled cruise.

Grace

Edited by Snit13
add

On 5/29/2020 at 10:02 AM, scouseronline said:

I'm sorry but a 2 hour wait to get through to the cruise line should not be accepted as the "new normal".

This has been going on for quite a while now, so the cruise lines are aware of the issue. How about the cruise lines recognize this and hire more staff ? 

They're focused on not going bankrupt right now.  The last thing they want to do is increase their costs. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, begood2me said:

Unless you reach lifetime status for total miles.  The hotels also offer a lifetime status.  Much appreciated for those of us that traveled for a living and now only travel for pleasure. 

I agree.  Love the lifetime status.

3 hours ago, bEwAbG said:

I think that the OP saying they have a TA that they don't want to bother because she's overburdened is comedy gold. 

I read the elite comment in context, and it came across initially as "don't they know who I am?"  Especially after complaining that an email sent the day before demanding that someone call them back wasn't returned.   Add status level with being on this board for almost 20 years, and you don't know that's not the way any of this works?  I mean, c'mon. 

These are legitimate complaints but unreasonable expectations.

Wow, you  know how to twist things. words mean something. You probably believe in many conspiracy theories as well.

You also must be inconsiderate of TAs time when they are just trying to make a living & handling many cancellations. I like & respect my TA & did not want to burden her at this unusual time. In the past I've asked her questions & always got responses.

Why didn't you read my other posts explaining why I mentioned "elite", merely for experience, not for status. READ !

After 2 calls & more than multiple hours waiting , including being disconnected, I send an email. I "requested"  not "demanded" a call back. 

Being on CC for almost 20 years, I try to post meaningful, not irrelevant posts from pax who express often nothing new but volume (you've got almost as many posts in 5 years than I have over 20). Try being constructive and relevant! 

Have a nice day.

Edited by dabear
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Snit13 said:

I have two X cruises booked too.  One on Connie in April 2021 and one on Reflection in May 2021.  Have you sailed with Captain Kate yet?  That is my next bucket cruise.

Hiya Grace.  I was on Capt Kate's first cruise as Master on the Summit to NE/Canada. Capt Leo took the first 7 nights to Quebec and Capt Kate took over the ship in Quebec back to Port Liberty.

I sent you an email to the AOL address. do you still use that?

IMG_0495.JPG

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dabear said:

You also must be inconsiderate of TAs time when they are just trying to make a living & handling many cancellations. I like & respect my TA & did not want to burden her at this unusual time. In the past I've asked her questions & always got responses.

Why didn't you read my other posts explaining why I mentioned "elite", merely for experience, not for status. READ !

After 2 calls & more than multiple hours waiting , including being disconnected, I send an email. I "requested"  not "demanded" a call back. 

And you don't think the operators at Celebrity are just as busy, if not more busy, than your TA?  Why is their time less valuable than hers, not to mention the time of all the other customers who are waiting for you to get off the phone while you're doing something that you're supposed to let your TA do since she's getting paid for the reservation?  

I did see your follow-up explanations about status, which is why I said I was reacting to your initial (that means first) comment.  I'm not the only one who took it that way, either, so rather than being overly defensive, maybe consider that what you wrote initially (again, that means first) was not exactly as clear as you intended.   You requested that they email you back but are ranting about how they didn't do that within a few hours, which they rarely (if ever) do, even in normal circumstances. 

So, you know everyone is operating under unusual conditions, you know how long you sat on hold, and you should have enough experience to know the way they handle emails yet you're upset enough to rant and rave about it.  Is this what you consider a "meaningful" contribution?  Or is that the part where you yell at people for reacting to what you wrote?

• Like 4

15 hours ago, dabear said:

Ta's work on commissions while customer service are paid hourly. Big difference for use of time.

Most posters on CC add valuable information about the cruise experience. Others like just to post agreeing , disagreeing or causing conflict, while posting in high useless volume. After looking up your recent posts, they fall into the later category. Your posts don't deserve any further comments!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I'd just like to add, that a TA can handle multiple issues, during one phone call. So a TA utilizing a Celebrity Rep's time, may be able to solve 5 or more issues with one phone call, rather than one.  If you made your booking through a travel agent, Celebrity Reps are not supposed to service your booking with you directly. 

FWIW - the post count wars are petty and meaningless. One great example is Bo, no matter the post count, he is the voice of reason in the midst of chaos.

Edited by sippican
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

For folks who do not want to read or be bothered with posts by certain  others, just  hit the ignore feature.

.  That will allow the conversation to flow freely...without other commentary.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Sadly, many people have lost their jobs.  With fewer people booking future cruises, some cruise lines don't think it's wrong to keep callers waiting.  After all, ,most of those callers want a refund.  That doesn't [promote more revenue for the cruise lines.  Perhaps, if the wait is very long, you'll give up.  Most won;t.  They will just get angry and frustrated. They will remember this when they want to book future travel.  Treat potential guests politely and promptly now and they will remember it.   Annoy people now and they will find another option.  Not  a good way to do business.  As for loyalty in Captains Club, that doesn't exist for now.  It only matters when you sail.

8 hours ago, dabear said:

Ta's work on commissions while customer service are paid hourly. Big difference for use of time.

Yes  TAs are paid a commission by Celebrity to book and service the reservation.  The cruise lines staff to handle the calls of those who booked their cruise direct with them.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1