Captains Club Customer Service Non Existent

dabear

Pinboy:  I apologize. I misread  your comments . I hope we do cruise together sometime in the future. 

For those poster that suggest that I use a TA, I do have a great one. I was trying to be considerate in not bothering her with my questions(which she's been fabulous in the past) since she must be overburdened with cancellations, etc.

Edited by dabear
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

I am on your side ---  I agreed with everything you said .

Please reread my post.

I was quoting what I read on posts that criticized you. 

Note the quotation marks ( " ) re the suites , etc.

Perhaps your comment  " I think we're better suited for X as a very friendly couple than you. ",  is out of place.

p - did your crystal ball see this one coming? LOL

You tried, I agree.

The OP updated their comments to you, now the two of you can sail together sometime....

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Bo1953 said:

p - did your crystal ball see this one coming? LOL

You tried, I agree.

bon voyage

He/She apologized once they reread my post.

No bad feelings on my part at all. 

The poster is very frustrated with today's events and IMO some posters ( I wish I was allowed to mention who ) is trying to --- we all know what they are trying to do. 

If you note , the people I quoted did not reply to me post. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, dabear said:

I tried to call Captains club yesterday with 2 questions relating to 30th Birthday bonus and Lift & shift. After waiting for 90 minutes on the phone it was answered. As I started talking, they hung up. I emailed them asking to contact me after that experience and of course, no reply. I've tried to call again this morning early. I've been on the phone for more than 40 minutes and so far no answer. What happed to customer service ? Worse than ever. We're elite and seriously considering switching to another cruise line & cancel existing reservations.

I think I have a pertinent question....what is a "30th birthday bonus"???  Elite + , use a CVP, and have never received any kind of bonus for b'day, anniversary, or number of years served on Celebrity...LOL.

55 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

I am on your side ---  I agreed with everything you said .

Please reread my post.

I was quoting what I read on posts that criticized you. 

Note the quotation marks ( " ) re the suites , etc.

Perhaps your comment  " I think we're better suited for X as a very friendly couple than you. ",  is out of place.

I will take the fall for the spelling error (dang time limit on editing in CC), but will not revise my opinion.

I would think that anyone who titles a post stating the service is "non-existent" would be uninterested in doing business with that company in the future. I now see, dabear, that I jumped to a wrong conclusion (even after you stated you considering switching to another line and canceling existing reservations).  I have no intention of switching cruiselines, as Celebrity suits me very well. To prove that you also jumped to a conclusion, I'd be happy to buy you a drink if we ever happen to meet on a future voyage.  Happy sailing!

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

I think I have a pertinent question....what is a "30th birthday bonus"???  Elite + , use a CVP, and have never received any kind of bonus for b'day, anniversary, or number of years served on Celebrity...LOL.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/newsletter/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-may-2020

Capture.PNG

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

The poster is very frustrated with today's events and IMO some posters ( I wish I was allowed to mention who ) is trying to --- we all know what they are trying to do. 

Well I guess that's me and in addition to  being a terrible speller, I guess I'm guilty of some other crime?

Edited by sippican
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, sippican said:

I'd be happy to buy you a drink if we ever happen to meet on a future voyage

Who ? ME ?????? 

Ok,  Forget what I said in that post about coming on too strong on the poster. 

LOL---Isn't CC fun when all it takes is the cost of a drink charged to your $900 OBC  to become " Buddies " again ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pinboy said:

2 hours ago, Pinboy said:

I hear ya !!!  It's extremely frustrating and I understand . 

Best advice--- Don't pay any attention to some of " smart -ass " comments people are posting , as in :

"Getting preferential treatment on the phone is clearly not listed as a loyalty benefit "

"Hope you find a cruiseline that better suites your needs".

" Why do you think you should get preferential treatment due to your “status”? "

Now, here come the " Who are you to give advice ??? " comments .

Your comments are inappropriate, I asked a valid question.

I have read and try to follow the guidelines set by CC. 

49 minutes ago, sippican said:

I will take the fall for the spelling error (dang time limit on editing in CC), but will not revise my opinion.

I would think that anyone who titles a post stating the service is "non-existent" would be uninterested in doing business with that company in the future. I now see, dabear, that I jumped to a wrong conclusion (even after you stated you considering switching to another line and canceling existing reservations).  I have no intention of switching cruiselines, as Celebrity suits me very well. To prove that you also jumped to a conclusion, I'd be happy to buy you a drink if we ever happen to meet on a future voyage.  Happy sailing!

What a sport!  Be careful as I drink premium spirits and wines. 

C-Dragon;  I don't think your question was valid. I did not say the I expect special treatment. I actually was trying to indiate that we've cruised with X many times and previously had better customer service. Don't twist things.

Edited by dabear
  • Like 1

IMO Celebrity knew they were cancelling cruises. They knew they were going to be cancelling more in upcoming months, they just didn't want to do it all at once.  Ergo they knew there would be a deluge of phone calls yet they laid off workers who could handle a lot of the call volume.

They knew long ago of the extensive wait time on hold yet did nothing about it.  I suspect it was a revenue thing.  So how is this the "new Normal?"  (BTW I hate that phrase. It means people are giving in to accepting mediocrity.) Oh wait, that has been the new normal for several  years at Celebrity. Lisa was known for cutting costs before she transferred to X from Royal. 

Edited by ChucktownSteve
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

I asked a valid question.

" " Why do you think you should get preferential treatment due to your “status”? "

As in, who the " H--L " do you think you are ??

Ya, that's valid . 

19 minutes ago, dabear said:

C-Dragon;  I don't think your question was valid. I did not say the I expect special treatment. I actually was trying to indiate that we've cruised with X many times and previously had better customer service. Don't twist things.

I guess we’ll have to disagree.

We have cruised far more times on X than you, but that’s not important. I never mention my status to anyone, again, it isn’t important.

As I said before, even with a  2 hour wait time, and though it was very tedious listening to the X recorded message a hundred times, I waited. In the end I received the same wonderful customer service I always have. I had a similar situation with an airline when our flights were canceled.

Long wait times don't necessarily equate to poor customer service. It just means that businesses are swamped during this unusual situation.

4 hours ago, scouseronline said:

I'm sorry but a 2 hour wait to get through to the cruise line should not be accepted as the "new normal".

This has been going on for quite a while now, so the cruise lines are aware of the issue. How about the cruise lines recognize this and hire more staff ? 

It is not just the cruise lines.  I had DSL issues and waited for AT&T and then it took them 4 days to resolve issue.  Same holds with B of Am credit card issues.  It is what it is and you will have to accept it or cause yourself excessive stress.

We find that putting the word “elite” on our name so that it shows Up on caller ID systems gets us much quicker service as we wait in the call queue when contacting Celebrity.  Then we must change it to “diamond” when calling Royal Caribbean.  It’s a lot of work to constantly change our name so that our status is instantly revealed, but so worth it.

sarcasm mode off

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

With airline loyalty programs, you get a separate number to call for a specific all center related to your status level. I can tell you without shame, when I call United I rarely if ever get put on hold and they answer by using my name.  That's great customer service in an industry that is not exactly known for great customer service.  I do not think it's unreasonable for Celebrity to do something similar; however, their loyalty program is not based on recent loyalty but more geared to long term loyalty and therefore a high percentage of their customers are in the higher status categories making it harder to institute a similar program.  

There is of course, a big difference between the cruise loyalty and the airline I’ll see. With the cruise loyalty “once an elite, always an elite.” The airlines require you to re-qualify every year. So there is an ever increasing number of cruising elites, diamonds, etc. 

59 minutes ago, ChucktownSteve said:

IMO Celebrity knew they were cancelling cruises. They knew they were going to be cancelling more in upcoming months, they just didn't want to do it all at once.  Ergo they knew there would be a deluge of phone calls yet they laid off workers who could handle a lot of the call volume.

They knew long ago of the extensive wait time on hold yet did nothing about it.  I suspect it was a revenue thing.  So how is this the "new Normal?"  (BTW I hate that phrase. It means people are giving in to accepting mediocrity.) Oh wait, that has been the new normal for several  years at Celebrity. Lisa was known for cutting costs before she transferred to X from Royal. 

Chucktown Steve, did you used to live in Charleston, SC?  Your CC name sounds familiar.

3 hours ago, Bo1953 said:

I do not concur that X is at fault for trying to do all they can to respond and timely.

Sorry, but I don't feel X and other cruise lines are doing all they can.  Some things they can do include:

• Never furloughing the employees in the first place knowing they have these call volumes
  • Stop selling space on cruises they know will never go
  • Stop waiting until 30 days out to cancel cruises they know will never go just to hold onto as much money as possible
  • Automatically process REFUNDS on any cruise cancelled, eliminating the many questions, frustrations, calls around FCCs, etc.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lady Arwen said:

You really do need to adjust your expectations.  You do realize what’s been happening the past few months to the cruise industry?   I guess I’m just surprised when people think the world revolves around them and their needs.

I agree.  A two hour wait is unacceptable.

4 hours ago, sippican said:

Getting preferential treatment on the phone is clearly not listed as a loyalty benefit. If you had a good travel agent, they'd be able to get answers to your questions. FWIW, even the travel agents are waiting hours upon hours to get their calls answered. Hope you find a cruiseline that better suites your needs.

Actually, Cap Club was always marketed as giving enhanced service to its members..But that was "then" and this is "now".

Even before the current mess, Cap Club Membership has been downgraded in comparison to service for suite guests.

The former was based on  brand loyalty, the latter based on $$$$$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We have cruised far more times on X than you, but that’s not important. I never mention my status to anyone, again, it isn’t important.

As I said before, even with a  2 hour wait time, and though it was very tedious listening to the X recorded message a hundred times, I waited. In the end I received the same wonderful customer service I always have. I had a similar situation with an airline when our flights were canceled.

Long wait times don't necessarily equate to poor customer service. It just means that businesses are swamped during this unusual situation.

I've solved the 'wait on hold forever' problem with ANY customer service.  Call, put on speaker, quiet the 'music', put on TV and find a show worth watching and wait.  If it lasts a whole movie...you really haven't wasted your time and in the end the rep comes on and you're not aggravated.  Works for me...LOL

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, oceangoer2 said:

I've solved the 'wait on hold forever' problem with ANY customer service.  Call, put on speaker, quiet the 'music', put on TV and find a show worth watching and wait.  If it lasts a whole movie...you really haven't wasted your time and in the end the rep comes on and you're not aggravated.  Works for me...LOL

Thanks for the suggestion. But I wasn’t aggravated, I actually was reading some great threads on CC. 😁

And the TV was on but muted.

Edited by C-Dragons

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

If it isn't important then why mention it . AGAIN, I DID NOT EXPECT SPECIAL TREATMENT BECAUSE OF MY STATUS. I ONLY MENTIONED IT (PERHAPS UNNECESSARILY) INDICATING I WAS A FREQUENT AND LONG TIME CRUISER ON X.

PERHAPS THAT IS HOW YOU THINK MENTIONING THAT YOU'VE CRUISED ALOT ON X.

Edited by dabear