Who is set to be Captain of The Apex?

VitaminSea53

5 minutes ago, Arzeena said:

Captain Kafetzis.
According to his recent linked in profile.

The elder brother. They are usually on and off for 3 months, but who knows under the current circumstances who will be on and off when they start cruising.

36 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Cpt Tasos should be on APEX once it sails.

Hopefully, we will be also.  We are on the first transatlantic.  😊

41 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Cpt Tasos should be on APEX once it sails.

No, it is Tasos older brother Demetrius who is Captain on the Apex,.  I don’t know who the other Captain that rotates with Demetrius is.  Capt Tasos is still assigned to the Solstice last post I saw of his. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, jelayne said:

No, it is Tasos older brother Demetrius who is Captain on the Apex,.  I don’t know who the other Captain that rotates with Demetrius is.  Capt Tasos is still assigned to the Solstice last post I saw of his. 

Just saw his IG post from March 19th which said APEX, hence my assumption this was his current/next vessel.

30 minutes ago, Orator said:

No, Tasos is assigned to Equinox. Saw him in January.one of my favorite Captains.

You are correct I was looking at cruises on the Solstice and put that down rather than the Equinox

24 minutes ago, Fly and Sail said:

Just saw his IG post from March 19th which said APEX, hence my assumption this was his current/next vessel.

He was sharing a photo taken on Apex.  Says nothing about him being the captain.  His brother is the one who is the captain of Apex.  Confirmed in several different news reports about Apex this year.

On 6/8/2020 at 11:45 AM, Orator said:

The elder brother. They are usually on and off for 3 months, but who knows under the current circumstances who will be on and off when they start cruising.

I read Demetrius. Didn't know there were two brothers.

IMHO previous assignments mean little right now.   I doubt Celebrity even knows how many ships will be sailing this year, and what those cruises will look like (I'm sure they have some plans, and plan B's, and plan C's, etc).  Like any crew member, captains may be hampered by flight availability, quarantine rules in their countries, and so on.  And the captains themselves may have hesitations about getting back onboard in general, and in particular if they have any underlying health conditions that would not prevent them from doing their job in a normal situation but could put them at higher risk right now.    Then you have the captains that are now on ships that may be way past their normal assignment time, which throws a wrench into all the other plans.  

I don't know about you, but I'd be happy to sail with ANY Celebrity captain on a ship right now if I could do so in a reasonably safe manner!

• Like 1