B2B but different ships

We are thinking of combining another cruise with our short 4-day cruise leaving out of Port Canaveral.  But the second cruise would be on a different ship, different cruise line...but both out of Port Canaveral.

I am sure it has been done before so any suggestions, comments or tips to make this a smooth transition?   Haven't cruised out of Port Canaveral in a couple of years so I can't remember how it is set up, how far apart the cruise line terminals are etc....  I assume we could catch a taxi to take us to the second ship.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

20 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

OK.  So let me correct myself....not a B2B technically.  2 different cruises then going out of the same port.

First one is NCL, second one is Carnival.  

Yep, B2B same ship, Side by Side - SBS, different ship. If was same Cruise Line they'd usually transport you. Different Lines, usually not. I just do Taxi on SBS

Edited by ONECRUISER

46 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

OK.  So let me correct myself....not a B2B technically.  2 different cruises then going out of the same port.

First one is NCL, second one is Carnival.  

17 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

Thanks for the help.  I guess I need to get my terminology correct before posting anything else.

Do you know that you are on the Royal Caribbean board, asking about Norwegian and Carnival cruises?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Merion_Mom said:

Yes, I realize that.  I originally did not state what cruise lines, just wanted tips and hints about doing 2 cruises from the same port.  But someone asked what cruise lines.   

Do you know that you are on the Royal Caribbean board, asking about Norwegian and Carnival cruises?

19 minutes ago, kskelley40 said:

Uber/Lyft would probably be your best option.

I think NCL uses a terminal to the left of  the new RCCL terminal (it is on the southside of the channel).  They could be using the old RCCL terminal but am not positive.  As you go clockwise you pass the Disney terminal and the reach the normal Carnival terminal.

Hope this helps a bit.

19 minutes ago, gatour said:

I think NCL uses a terminal to the left of  the new RCCL terminal (it is on the southside of the channel).  They could be using the old RCCL terminal but am not positive.  As you go clockwise you pass the Disney terminal and the reach the normal Carnival terminal.

Hope this helps a bit.

Thank you.  Yes, it helps.  We have done 30+ cruises including actual B2B cruises, but the first time we are going to try this.  

26 minutes ago, gatour said:

Hope this helps a bit.

Curious how Terminsl 3 by Jetty Park is going to be utilized other than Mardi Gras

We will be doing this for the first time in early February, from Oasis of the Seas (7 days) to the Nieuw Statendam (21 days).  We've done many b2bs but have never before done a "cross deck" which I believe is the correct term,  We're planning to take a taxi from one to the other.  I believe the taxis in Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades) have the fare for this posted.

We are already booked for both cruises, but we are watching the whole re-opening scenarios very carefully to see how the cruise lines handle cases on board.  We do not want to miss our second cruise because we are quarantined for 2 weeks on the first!

Have done this several times. Taxis from one terminal to the next terminal is the hard part. The drivers don't want the short hop & then have to wait in the long line again. The terminal police have had to intervene for us to get a ride. Uber or such would be a better choice. 

4 hours ago, FOXTROT said:

Have done this several times. Taxis from one terminal to the next terminal is the hard part. The drivers don't want the short hop & then have to wait in the long line again. The terminal police have had to intervene for us to get a ride. Uber or such would be a better choice. 

We have had success with telling the cab driver to just forget the flag meter, and give them $20 cash for a 2 minute ride. Then they can pick up a fare at the other terminal, no loss. This has worked in Miami, and Ft. Lauderdale.

Edited by L454S

Really can’t see how it could be a problem unless either cruise has strange timings. Usually you are off by 9:00 at the latest and don’t need to be on by 4:00 or even later sometimes, so even a cripple like me could pretty much walk it, a taxi Uber etc should make it a breeze.

We did a side by side at Port Canaveral-Carnival to Carnival, & was able to walk as it was right next door. Our next side by side is in Miami - going from Royal's Symphony to Carnival's Magic. Will probably take Uber or Lyft.

7 hours ago, L454S said:

We have had success with telling the cab driver to just forget the flag meter, and give them $20 cash for a 2 minute ride. Then they can pick up a fare at the other terminal, no loss. This has worked in Miami, and Ft. Lauderdale.

The one time we tried that. He still didn't want to do it. The police officer forced him to take us. Like you said, didn't see the problem.