Place an imaginary bet here , When will Celebrity start up?

jonthomas

27 minutes ago, cgolf1 said:

So back on topic, what are people thinking of doing if they are pretty sure there cruise is not going to happen?

We had an ABC Caribbean cruise for January 2021.   Not interested in cruising out of Florida (Tampa) at this time and I doubt the environment will improve enough between now and then to change our feelings.

So?  I moved our reservation from the Caribbean to Asia Spring 2021 (more likely to happen; although still speculation with a fuzzy crystal ball that squeaks).  

Edited by hvbaskey
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, yorky said:

We have gone down the lift and shift option, not willing to pay final payments at this point with the level of uncertainty.

I did find a comparably priced cruise in Dec of 2021 on the same ship and islands, but my wife still wants to go somewhere warm in the winter. My vote is we do one year where we stay put and stay safe and just be cold lol. I do like the idea of a december 2021 and an early 2022, it would feel like we got 2 cruises in a year again and we push out the PIF date:)

12 minutes ago, Fouremco said:

When in 2022? The FCC can be used on cruises sailing through May 4, 2022.

I think it is in February. We could lift and shift December 2021 would likely work. Just trying to figure out what works best. Part of me doesn't like Celebrity holding on to a good chunk of change for a year in uncertain times. The lift and shift might be better?

Edited by cgolf1

Our choice was to go from January 2021 to January 2022 and I'm not very confident it will still happen. Seriously, who knows? I never thought we would be six months in and still be dealing with the virus at this magnitude.

So we have an increase in cases and have not YET seen an increase in deaths? Life must be milk and honey.

I get trusting your opinion on facts, just make sure that they are not facts you find to agree with your opinion.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Fouremco said:

When in 2022? The FCC can be used on cruises sailing through May 4, 2022.

Based on the current situation in the US perhaps cruiselines will extend to the end of 2022. 

9 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Based on the current situation in the US perhaps cruiselines will extend to the end of 2022. 

I suspect that they would resist doing so, but you may well be right. Time will tell.

On 6/30/2020 at 11:09 PM, dandee2 said:

Tell me the number of doctors, Health worker and Senior residence employees who died of regular flu/influenza in the last 6 years?

Italy had at least 75 doctors who died of Covid.

I hate when people compare Covid to the flu....  They really are not comparable.

Anyway, there have been fewer Covid deaths in the US ( approx. 134,000) than there have been flu deaths the last 6 years, not including 2019-2020, combined (an estimated 245,000+).  The flu figure was taken from the CDC website.  How many of those deaths were medical personnel or from Senior residences is unknown however. 

The thing is though, unless some of these states get their acts together, that Covid number will easily surpass a quarter million.

Now then, back to talking about cruises.  :classic_cool:

On 7/6/2020 at 4:35 PM, jonthomas said:

When I see rates of covid begin to significantly  come down, I will be much more optimistic.

Not until there's a vaccine.  Best case scenario is mid-October for its release.

Since so many states and a few countries haven't flattened the curve and this is so contagious and can be fatal in so many cases, I really hope that by Jan 2021, but seeing what is happening around the world and especially in the USA, I doubt until mid 2021.  Well my passport will expire and I will have to get a new one!  Hope I don't expire!

Edited by Cruise a holic

1 hour ago, Cruise a holic said:

Well my passport will expire and I will have to get a new one!  Hope I don't expire!

My passport expires August 2022 but you're right hope hope we outlive our passports. 😁

There is hope. If there is a will.

The Norwegian line Hurtigruten already does sail and just announced that they will have 14 out of 16 ships back in operation by September.

(eg. https://cruisepassenger.com.au/hurtigruten-ramps-up-operations/)

It takes a bit of creativity but it can be done eg. they offer some cruises only for certain nationals and they use ports they never did before. Certainly it helps them to have smaller ships but still:

It takes a bit of creativity but it can be done - and this September 2020, this year.

Edited by carlmm

2 minutes ago, carlmm said:

There is hope. If there is a will.

The Norwegian line Hurtigruten already does sail and just announced that they will have 14 out of 16 ships back in operation by September.

(eg. https://cruisepassenger.com.au/hurtigruten-ramps-up-operations/)

It takes a bit of creativity but it can be done eg. they offer some cruises only for certain nationals and they use ports they never did before. Certainly it helps them to have smaller ships but still:

It takes a bit of creativity but it can be done - and this September 2020, this year.

What's the advantage of using new ports?