Another lift and shift question

I apologize in advance if this has already been answered but I did not see it when I searched.  Will cruise planner purchases lift and shift with moved reservations or be lost?  I have read conflicting information regarding this and can't seem to find an answer on Royal's site.  My travel agent stated OBC issued from Royal from onboard booking would transfer to new ship if the reservation was shifted, but I forgot to ask about planner purchases.  Hoping to cruise on Harmony in October but I am very doubtful that it will happen.  I am trying to get my alternative plan in place for when they cancel.  I was able to get a good deal on a cabana at Coco Cay during last year's black Friday sale and would like to be able to move that too if we have to lift and shift.  We booked this particular trip pretty far out so have great rates and 2021 rates are already priced out higher.  I have used a FCC to pay balance on this trip so getting a refund is not an option. Looks like best bet is to lift and shift to Symphony for next year in the event that Harmony does not sail.  Thanks in advance to anyone who has experience in this!  

There have been mixed results. Personally I'd cancel planner items, do the lift and shift, and just repurchase once you are confirmed.

I've read mixed results on transfer of obc, sometimes some will. I have obc from shareholders. If it's gone I'll just reapply for it.

There has not been mixed results.

You cannot transfer cruise planner items.  Those are cancelled and refunded and you must repurchase at current rates on the new ship.  There have been a very few exceptions where at the  beginning of this a rep gave out wrong information and they honoured it.

Promotions, including OBC will carry through to the new reservation.  OBC from a TA is up to the TA to decide if it will carry through.  

3 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

You cannot transfer cruise planner items.  Those are cancelled and refunded and you must repurchase at current rates on the new ship.  There have been a very few exceptions where at the  beginning of this a rep gave out wrong information and they honoured it.

Promotions, including OBC will carry through to the new reservation.  OBC from a TA is up to the TA to decide if it will carry through.  

Thank you!  I read that they wouldn't on the RCCL blog but had read somewhere (can't remember where) people saying that they were able to transfer planner items.  At least the OBC will transfer.  Maybe the cabanas  will go on sale again...if not I just won't be having one!  Thanks for your quick reply.  

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I read one person who managed to get their $18 a day drink pkg. Ok so done made by mistake or however they got it. So I can see how someone read mixed results. Wasnt supposed to get transferred, got it.

I did say I would cancel and repurchase and not take chances.

We were not allowed to L&S our Jewel 11 Dec 2020 cruise at all. Not a single alternative offered with Jewel or any other ship in the fleet, no  justification . 

Also I learned that L&S to any Odyssey cruise (within the eligible window) is forbidden. Justification: the ship is too new.

4 hours ago, Kbonner said:

Also I learned that L&S to any Odyssey cruise (within the eligible window) is forbidden. Justification: the ship is too new.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that what you were told is incorrect information.  Sailings have absolutely been shifted to the Odyssey.

In most cases there is more availability of sailings to shift if you do it on line as opposed to talking to an agent.  The agents seem to have been given a reduced list that does not include some of the larger newer ships that are indeed eligible. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

4 hours ago, Kbonner said:

We were not allowed to L&S our Jewel 11 Dec 2020 cruise at all. Not a single alternative offered with Jewel or any other ship in the fleet, no  justification . 

I really wanted to book that cruise myself, but was worried about ports being open.

Arent many options that go to panama out of Galveston. Being a 11 day I can see how the options are limited to lift and shift. Great itinerary

19 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I can tell you with 100% certainty that what you were told is incorrect information.  Sailings have absolutely been shifted to the Odyssey.

In most cases there is more availability of sailings to shift if you do it on line as opposed to talking to an agent.  The agents seem to have been given a reduced list that does not include some of the larger newer ships that are indeed eligible. 

There was no online possibility to l&s to Odyssey. I checked, my TA checked.......

3 hours ago, Kbonner said:

There was no online possibility to l&s to Odyssey. I checked, my TA checked.......

I took your post to mean that it was not possible to shift to any Odyssey sailing in general because you stated that you were told that the ship was too new.

if you were referring to that for your particular situation you were not allowed to shift then that is a defining possibility but it is not because the Odyssey  is too new it would be because it did not meet one of the criteria for the shift being cruise length, itinerary type, same category cabin or 48 to 56 weeks in the future.

you were on an 11 day cruise.  There are no other 11 day cruises in the 48 to 56 week window so unfortunately there are no cruises to shift to.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

it would be because it did not meet one of the criteria for the shift being cruise length, itinerary type, same category cabin or 48 to 56 weeks in the future.

What about the newer revenue criteria - like some being denied L&S from a real cheap Empress/Majesty/etc to O class?

2 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

What about the newer revenue criteria - like some being denied L&S from a real cheap Empress/Majesty/etc to O class?

That’s what I explained in my first post (#8) If you talk to an agent there are revenue restrictions.  If you do it on line there are currently no restrictions.  NE to OA or QN class is just fine. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I’m not sure when the revenue restrictions started but one week ago I was able to Lift and switch from a 6 night Empress  owners Suite To a 6 night Allure owners suite over the phone and saved $2,500.   No argument from the Royal rep. Maybe I got lucky. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

How do you L&S online please? Can not find it.

Thanks!

15 minutes ago, cruiseboy89130 said:

How do you L&S online please? Can not find it.

Thanks!

Look under the cruise with confidence policy on Royals website and there should be a link.  Sorry, I use the TA one but others have posted the link on different threads

4 hours ago, Alabama Justice said:

I’m not sure when the revenue restrictions started but one week ago I was able to Lift and switch from a 6 night Empress  owners Suite To a 6 night Allure owners suite over the phone and saved $2,500.   No argument from the Royal rep. Maybe I got lucky. 

Nope that is how it works, many others have done the same thing and saved $1000's more then that.

example...LIFT: old cruise $3700............SWITCH: new cruise $11,500

Edited by Jimbo

My son and family, himself, wife and 2 children 9&6 are booked on Symphony for 2 weeks in October in a guaranteed neighbourhood balcony, he has paid the balance so fully paid for, question is can he ask for the cruise to be lift & shifted now to October 21 or does he have to wait to see if Royal cancel the cruise and if he is allowed does the price he has paid still stand as next years is showing to be more expensive.

Thank you in anticipation of getting an explanation.

1 minute ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

My son and family, himself, wife and 2 children 9&6 are booked on Symphony for 2 weeks in October in a guaranteed neighbourhood balcony, he has paid the balance so fully paid for, question is can he ask for the cruise to be lift & shifted now to October 21 or does he have to wait to see if Royal cancel the cruise and if he is allowed does the price he has paid still stand as next years is showing to be more expensive.

You do not have to wait you can shift it anytime before Aug 1

3 hours ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

They can see what their options are very easily by going to the link in post 17, enter their booking confirmation number and it brings up a drop down of all the available sailings they can choose from.  It won't show any pricing as your base fare is protected.  For my shift, there was a very slight change in port fees and taxes due to the fact that our new sailing stopped at some different ports.  But it wasn't much of a difference at all.  You can use that link to check, just don't hit 'submit' unless you really want to change the booking.  

On 7/2/2020 at 10:39 PM, Ourusualbeach said:

I had $100 OBC from an onboard booking.  The sailing was cancelled and I was not allowed to keep that $100 OBC when I switched to another sailing in 2021.  Didn't sound right to me so I had the rep check with her supervisor and she came back with a no, I could not keep it.

5 minutes ago, lovelife said:

I had $100 OBC from an onboard booking.  The sailing was cancelled and I was not allowed to keep that $100 OBC when I switched to another sailing in 2021.  Didn't sound right to me so I had the rep check with her supervisor and she came back with a no, I could not keep it.

Kept many for clients and myself.  You didn’t talk to the right people.  Call guest relations 800 256 6649

6. What will happen to my client's NextCruise onboard credit if he/she chooses to c ancel?

When choosing Cruise with Confidence, NextCruise onboard credits will be reallocated to your client’s future booking. Additionally, if your client has received onboard credit as a result of a redeployment, charter, or other goodwill gesture, it will also follow them to the new reservation. If your client chooses to cancel without opting for Cruise with Confidence, the onboard credit will be forfeited.

Edited by Ourusualbeach