The Bistro- Off topic and fun posts!

Host Dan

@rafinmd Roy, I love your sunrise pictures, and was wondering if you've ever seen the "Green Flash"?  I saw it once at sunset on the ocean, but according to Wikipedia you can also see it at sunrise (a time I rarely see 🙂).   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flash

Edited by johng75370
typo

12 hours ago, johng75370 said:

@rafinmd Roy, I love your sunrise pictures, and was wondering if you've ever seen the "Green Flash"?  I saw it once at sunset on the ocean, but according to Wikipedia you can also see it at sunrise (a time I rarely see 🙂).   https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_flash

Not that I recall.

Roy

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, johng75370 said:

I've seen it three times! But never on a cruise ship. My husband and I live on our sailboat, currently sailing around Pacific Mexico, and we often do multi-day passages. The only times I've seen the fabled Green Flash is when we have been far out to sea (at least 50 miles offshore), so no land in sight...and the weather was perfectly clear, with no clouds on the horizon. I've carefully watched so many sunsets at sea (trying not to stare into the sun, of course!) more times than I can count, looking for that flash, and the vast majority of the time I'm disappointed. But three times I got lucky! One time I managed to capture it on video. It's pretty magical!

I've seen many sunrises at sea too, but never a Green Flash on one.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I may have posted this picture a few years ago so sorry if my memory isnt what it used to be! LOL On the infamous Crystal Symphony crossing  #0210 from LAX to Sydney., somewhere between the 2 typhoons we were straddling! 🙂 One lady and myself I recall were runnong around deck 6 trying to get pictures.One of the pds was broken between Melbourne  and Perth so we limped into Perth 2 days late

wave 2010.jpg

Edited by wearesiamese
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, wearesiamese said:

I may have posted this picture a few years ago so sorry if my memory isnt what it used to be! LOL On the infamous Crystal Symphony crossing  #0210 from LAX to Sydney., somewhere between the 2 typhoons we were straddling! 🙂 One lady and myself I recall were runnong around deck 6 trying to get pictures.One of the pds was broken between Melbourne  and Perth so we limped into Perth 2 days late

wave 2010.jpg

Awesome photo.

No worries if you posted it before.  My guess is if you posted it last week most on this board would not remember. 

Keith

Keith

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Keith1010 said:

Awesome photo.

No worries if you posted it before.  My guess is if you posted it last week most on this board would not remember. 

Keith

Keith

Everyone seems to be consumed with laundry.😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

So the Washington Post taste tested eight or ten of the most popular brands of vanilla ice cream:

Ben and Jerry's came out on top.

The Costco store brand (Kirkland) came in second.

Blue Bell tied for seventh with Walmart's brand.

News you can use! 

• Like 3