COVID-19 related discussions

Paulchili

today  our Province  had 119 new cases   76  were in the under 40 group

If that is how they are dealing or not dealing with the virus  we could be doomed  until a vaccine  comes out

On the weekend  there was a house party of 200+   supposed to keep groups to 10

Another big party at the beach

& of course the  parties  with 4 people shot   this is just in the GTA

The USA  has a lot more people  that we do  so I can only imagine  the craziness  there

Stay well

I need  a vacation from the madness

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Having a COVID specific thread seems beneficial if it is accurate and related to Oceania’s protocols. I do want to know what the protocols will be and I am also interested in knowing the success or non success of the protocols.  We will wait until there are protocols supported by a public health agency (e.g. Health Canada, CDC) and that there are effective responses to issues that develop. However the information needs to credible and substantiated not only opinions or feelings.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CalgaryMac said:

Having a COVID specific thread seems beneficial if it is accurate and related to Oceania’s protocols. I do want to know what the protocols will be and I am also interested in knowing the success or non success of the protocols.  We will wait until there are protocols supported by a public health agency (e.g. Health Canada, CDC) and that there are effective responses to issues that develop. However the information needs to credible and substantiated not only opinions or feelings.

On another thread someone posted about how port stops will make it impossible to accomplish much. Until there's a vaccine. And I honestly wonder if any country is going to allow people from the US to enter until there is one. I'm just hoping that Canada will open to us, although not now/yet.

Edited by clo

12 minutes ago, ORV said:

Perhaps it's time to mark the CDC off the list of credible scientific & health organizations to take advice from. 

Perhaps once they will become independent again and free to speak the facts as they are they will be credible again.

At the moment they are being told what messages to broadcast to the public.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Perhaps once they will become independent again and free to speak the facts as they are they will be credible again.

At the moment they are being told what messages to broadcast to the public.

Just saw this in The New York Times:

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/26/world/covid-19-coronavirus.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

"The C.D.C. was pressured to change guidance on testing asymptomatic people who had been exposed to the virus.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention was instructed by higher-ups in the Trump administration to modify its coronavirus testing guidelines this week to exclude people who do not have symptoms of Covid-19 — even if they have been recently exposed to the virus, according to two federal health officials.

One official said the directive came from the top down. Another said the guidelines were not written by the C.D.C. but were imposed, Sheryl Gay Stolberg reports."

• Like 1

We cancelled our Dec.20/20 Panama Canal cruise and booked a Jan 2022 cruise to S.America.  Trying to be optimistic. Like all of you are saying sadly cannot now trust CDC but hoping that will change on 1/1/21.  The difficult part is the whole world needs to be immunized for all of us to travel safely.  Don’t even want to think about the long flights to get to Beunos Aires from the west coast US.  Here’s hoping!