December 2020

raz455

Hope I’m not creating any unnecessary panic, as I see bookings are available.  Just was surprised by the recording.  I didn’t ask when I called in with questions about trips in 2021 and 2022.

Good luck!!! 🍀

8 minutes ago, coco2/27 said:

Call in and listen:   States pause on global ship operations through 2020.

The recording I just listened to still states at cruises paused til the end of Summer 2020

and select voyages thereafter - where did you hear all of 2020?

Yes, it’s saying end of summer — really thought I heard through 2020 — TRULY SORRY if I was multitasking too much.  
Will revert to my rarely to never posting status again!

I hope everything sails safely as planned!

1 minute ago, coco2/27 said:

Yes, it’s saying end of summer — really thought I heard through 2020 — TRULY SORRY if I was multitasking too much.  
Will revert to my rarely to never posting status again!

I hope everything sails safely as planned!

actually, you may end up being right ... just not now 🥃🏁

• Like 1

Rose Parade was just cancelled for 01/01/2021 so those folks are thinking to just write off this entire year. I'm now 💯positive December isn't happening / wondering about my April cruise (only $400 of my money sitting there, at least I won't be waiting 4+ months for a large refund)

2 minutes ago, casofilia said:

Princess recording states that all cruises have been cancelled for 2020.

I wish they would put this in writing and get on with the cancellation documentation.

The USA recording does not state all of 2020 -  is NZ different?

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Rose Parade was just cancelled for 01/01/2021 so those folks are thinking to just write off this entire year. I'm now 💯positive December isn't happening / wondering about my April cruise (only $400 of my money sitting there, at least I won't be waiting 4+ months for a large refund)

I agree - I seriously doubt our January cruise will be sailing and now I'm starting to worry about our April cruises.  I sure hope cruising starts up by the second quarter of 2021.

42 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@nnzz

I have not checked anything just waiting for some confirmation.   There will be no answer to their phone # at this time of the morning

Listen to the recording again.  Here in the U.S. it says till the end of summer 2020.  Someone posted earlier making that mistake.

14 hours ago, cruising deacon said:

I just cancelled 3 more Princess bookings for 2021

I am still waiting for FCC and now I have more FCD in the bank with Princess (because of cancelled bookings)

my gut feeling - NO sailings from USA at least until mid 2021, Princess has no idea how poorly they are treating their loyal Elite 

passengers from the past (are maybe they do know, but don't care)

they aren't getting any more of my money to hold onto until I am SURE they will be sailing the cruises that I am still booked on.

and right now, I wouldn't trust Princess regarding anything

All the cruise lines are doing the same. It's not a Princess thing.

13 hours ago, coco2/27 said:

Call in and listen:   States pause on global ship operations through 2020.

Just called. Only message is that offices are currently closed (just past mid-night in California). Nothing about a pause.

Web site also does not mention a new pause.

12 hours ago, Ombud said:

Rose parade requires much work to be done on floats at this time of year. Cancellation may not be so much a prediction of January conditions, but more that they cannot build the floats at this time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do wish people would be careful before they post "facts".  I am waiting to have a cruise cancelled, due to leave in November for Sydney, so I don't have to pay almost £5000 final balance and then wait months to get it refunded. It is still being sold, which is disgraceful, Princess most know it isn't going to happen, as do the Australian Government, who should announce once and for all no cruise ships and give a date.

• Like 1