Tipping for Perfect Day Cabana Attendant

Sailing in April 2021.  We have two cabanas at the thrill park for 11 adults and children.  We have the drink packages with gratuities included.  What is an appropriate thank you for the cabana attendant at the end of the day?

13 minutes ago, bonniew88 said:

Sailing in April 2021.  We have two cabanas at the thrill park for 11 adults and children.  We have the drink packages with gratuities included.  What is an appropriate thank you for the cabana attendant at the end of the day?

$20 would put a big smile on his face.. 

Following. We have a beach club cabana booked for next August and would also like to know what the going rate is per attendant. Someone posted earlier when it first opened that the beach club cabanas have 2 attendants?

Edited by cured

2 hours ago, Erik101 said:

For 11 people in two cabanas?  That’s $1.81 tip per person for the entire day. 

If he is a crew member from India that would be a full days pay working his ass off. He is also in the tip pool, drink pool and cabana service charge pool. RCL is great at building pools.  OP did say attendant.. Different story if they have dedicated butler service.. 

21 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

If he is a crew member from India that would be a full days pay working his ass off. He is also in the tip pool, drink pool and cabana service charge pool. RCL is great at building pools.  OP did say attendant.. Different story if they have dedicated butler service.. 

They are dedicate attendants that live on the island, and are residents of Bahamas. Their schedule was three weeks on the island and then three weeks off.

Edited by A&L_Ont

I would say it depends on what you ask of them. For our last few cabana rentals, we've had around 6-8 people - and the attendants were amazing with bringing us trays of food and drinks, etc. We had a proposal last time, and I ordered a bottle of the whatever the best champagne on the island was - he brought it REALLY quickly and the happy couple was thrilled. For a full day of drinks, food, and fabulous service, our friends mostly throw in around $20 each, so the attendant makes a good $120+ from us for the day. With the crazy cost of the cabanas lately, $20 per person for the entire day isn't outrageous in my mind. 

• Like 3

We have two Thrill Water Park cabana's reserved for May 2021....6 adults and 4 kids under 7..... and understand we're to get our own food/drinks is this correct ? So total approx. gratuity for our two cabanas I can be prepared with cash to offer is ???

18 minutes ago, Ashland said:

We have two Thrill Water Park cabana's reserved for May 2021....6 adults and 4 kids under 7..... and understand we're to get our own food/drinks is this correct ? So total approx. gratuity for our two cabanas I can be prepared with cash to offer is ???

Your cabana attendant will get your food and drinks, if you wish.  Your choice.

If you have many of these requests, I would (and this is my opinion) offer $20 per adult at a minimum.  If the kids are full of "demands" for food, add $20 per child.  If you want to get all of your own food and drinks, and just want to use your cabana by yourselves, $20 total would disappoint your attendant, who was looking forward to serving you and earning tips, but it's your choice.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

Your cabana attendant will get your food and drinks, if you wish.  Your choice.

If you have many of these requests, I would (and this is my opinion) offer $20 per adult at a minimum.  If the kids are full of "demands" for food, add $20 per child.  If you want to get all of your own food and drinks, and just want to use your cabana by yourselves, $20 total would disappoint your attendant, who was looking forward to serving you and earning tips, but it's your choice.

Our under age 7 grandkids ask for very little if anything...easy cruisers/travelers since they were each under 2.

This will be our first time at Coco Cay but not our first cabana. I was just going off what I've read and thought that we did have to get our own food/drinks other than bottled water. So thanks for clearing that up.

$20.00pp sounds like a great suggestion...thanks so much for your input. 

We paid 300 something for our chill island cabana. Just me and hubby. We both had deluxe drink package. Told attendant just stock cooler with beer. Will make both our lives easier. Hubby can drink it like water. She brought us funnel cakes, when she hubby leaving to get it. And brought us lunch. We tipped $50. 

• Like 1

$20 per adult seems like a good rule of thumb if service is good.  If the attendant is bringing ice cream, brownies, etc. to the kids, I would add more.  Sometimes we just really like the person and get great service, so we give more.  Heck, the last time we were at Labadee, hubby went back to the ship for more cash for the waiter in the Beach Club.  This was February 29th, and the waiter was flying home the next day to be with his wife for the last month of her pregnancy.  That waiter was lucky, he got home before everything went crazy.  

• Like 1