A weird thing happened when I recently logged onto my Princess account

10 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

I can confirm that my Princess Captain's Circle / Cunard Club / HAL's Mariner Society are all using the same membership number. If I travel on Seabourn in the future, they can use the same number as well. Not sure about P&O but seems they are different.

Of course you can use separately numbers of each cruise line, but I love to have all of them under the same number so it is easier to remember.

Even though it is the same number, each cruise line will count the points individually (in the past Princess also counted the cruise nights if you had sailed on P&O, but this no longer happen now).

If you have sailed with Princess before, when you book HAL for the first time, you can ask the travel agent to input your Princess Captain's Circle number. The booking system will automatically find your details you have saved in Princess. But I don't know if you can do this if you book directly on cruise line website.

This is because Princess / Cunard / HAL / Seabourn all use the same reservation system.

Interesting. We did not know this. Having the same reservation system would definitely come in handy if Carnival ever decided to allow folks to use their highest loyalty status one of these cruise lines when booking on one of the others like when a RCCL Crown and Anchor member sails on either Celebrity or Azamara or vice versa as noted in the below Celebrity Reciprocity Program:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

42 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Interesting. We did not know this. Having the same reservation system would definitely come in handy if Carnival ever decided to allow folks to use their highest loyalty status one of these cruise lines when booking on one of the others like when a RCCL Crown and Anchor member sails on either Celebrity or Azamara or vice versa as noted in the below Celebrity Reciprocity Program:

https://www.celebritycruises.com/captains-club/exclusive-offers/loyalty-reciprocity-program

Yes Royal Caribbean Group has reciprocal program so that members in one brand can still enjoy the benefits (of equivalent tier) in another brand. In Royal Caribbean Group, the member numbers at the 3 brands are different, but you can use the same email address and password to login at all the 3 websites.

Unfortunately Carnival Corporation does not have similar program. They only give you the convenience to use the same member at some of the brands. But I think each brand has never mentioned this. I just accidentally found it between Princess and Cunard, then I ask my travel agent to also try for HAL & Seabourn and they really work. By using the same number, you do not have to complete all the personal details at the online check-in each time when you book at different brands. Even if you are a first-time traveller on HAL, when you input your Princess member number, HAL can immediately find all your details (birthday, address, contact, passport details) under the Princess membership.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Yes Royal Caribbean Group has reciprocal program so that members in one brand can still enjoy the benefits (of equivalent tier) in another brand. In Royal Caribbean Group, the member numbers at the 3 brands are different, but you can use the same email address and password to login at all the 3 websites.

Actually Celebrity and Azamara use the same number and you accumulate cruise points applicable on both lines regardless if you cruise on X or AZ.

2 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Actually Celebrity and Azamara use the same number and you accumulate cruise points applicable on both lines regardless if you cruise on X or AZ.

Oh yes. I am wrong. Thank you for reminding me. My previous and only cruise on AZ was already many years ago so I forget this. Hence one membership number for RCI, and another number for X+AZ.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cruise Wonderland said:

Unfortunately Carnival Corporation does not have similar program. They only give you the convenience to use the same member at some of the brands. But I think each brand has never mentioned this. I just accidentally found it between Princess and Cunard, then I ask my travel agent to also try for HAL & Seabourn and they really work. By using the same number, you do not have to complete all the personal details at the online check-in each time when you book at different brands. Even if you are a first-time traveller on HAL, when you input your Princess member number, HAL can immediately find all your details (birthday, address, contact, passport details) under the Princess membership.

Now, this is interesting.  So HAL can immediately find all your details from Princess --  yet now, Princess has changed birthdates.  Perhaps they don't want other brands to be able to retrieve guest info from Princess?  I can make several guesses as to why that would be, but guessing is just that.

22 hours ago, Roz said:

As I mentioned before, I've only taken one Princess cruise, but I found Princess and HAL more alike than different.  The reason I've continued to sail with HAL is they usually have better fares and more interesting itineraries.

I'm sure Princess is fine, especially with their recent mattress upgrades.  Still seems like a different atmosphere and pace.  I prefer the "Savor the Journey" and "Come Back New" theme devide.

8 minutes ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I'm sure Princess is fine, especially with their recent mattress upgrades.  Still seems like a different atmosphere and pace.  I prefer the "Savor the Journey" and "Come Back New" theme devide.

We agree. There is definitely a different atmosphere and pace, but you have to remember Princess usually has 4-6 assistant cruise directors managing multiple activities where HAL usually has only 1.

We are 3* Mariners with Holland America and have never sailed on Princess. I just checked our answering service and we had a message from a personal cruise consultant with Princess. He said he had been assigned to us and hoped I would call him back to book a Princess cruise. Is this out of the blue, a coincidence, or is there something to this HAL/Princess connection? Very interesting......

This is so interesting as we are HAL, Princess, Seabourn and Cunard cruisers. I've not yet checked my Cunard info because it's been so long since we've cruised with them. My Princess and HAL info seems to be fine, however, my Seabourn info (most recent cruise) has kept changing my profile info. DOB has changed twice, legal name once, phone number once, and address, missing partial info once. A quick note to the Seabourn club gets it corrected quickly, but what heck is going on with IT department. Curious at best..........can they blame it on working from home? Or is there some actual coordination between the CCL lines occurring? Curious minds want to know...........

On 8/1/2020 at 1:07 PM, Djptcp said:

We are 3* Mariners with Holland America and have never sailed on Princess. I just checked our answering service and we had a message from a personal cruise consultant with Princess. He said he had been assigned to us and hoped I would call him back to book a Princess cruise. Is this out of the blue, a coincidence, or is there something to this HAL/Princess connection? Very interesting......

Interesting - I just received an email from Princess to book - never sailed on them and 5 Star on HAL???

My Princess  and HAL continue to be fine, however, my Seabourn info changed again! For the second time, my DOB changed, plus, this time  my phone number was replaced with my husbands and one bit of info was removed from my address. This is the third time I've had a problem. Granted, they correct it quickly for me, but something is definitely going on with these data fields!