A weird thing happened when I recently logged onto my Princess account

Last week I logged onto my Princess account and noticed in my Profile that my information had been replaced with my DW's information, to include email account, phone number and passport information. I thought that was really weird, but I was able to correct it and all has been fine since. But, when my DW signed on to her Princess account, she found all of my information had populated her Profile information. Weird, huh? She then corrected the information, but something then started happening when she subsequently logged on the past few days. Her birthday date would change by one day, same month but just a day earlier. She called Princess today and they found for some reason we both had a second Captains Club number (and associated profile). After making sure all 5 of our cruises were tied to our long standing CC number, she asked the CC representative to delete the second number.

But here's the weird part, she said those mysterious new CC numbers were actually our HAL Mariner Society numbers. Which got us to thinking, could Carnival be experimenting with the idea, once cruising starts back up, of creating a way for passengers who have sailed with both HAL and Princess to use their accumulated loyalty points, much like how RCCL does when you sail on either a Celebrity or Azamara cruise? It definitely would elate us as we would become 5* on HAL and Elite on Princess. 

Has this "swapping of profile information" happened to you and what do you think of the possibility of HAL and Princess merging a passenger's loyalty points as they are pretty much competing for the same demographics?

• Like 1

Haven't sailed Princess, but would that work if I were to book Princess, I would have my HAL Mariner points to use for their elite status.  One thing I wonder:  the days, 151, for top status on Princess are so very low compared to HAL's.  Princess could get stuck with a LOT of Elite-qualifiers from HAL.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, SilvertoGold said:

Haven't sailed Princess, but would that work if I were to book Princess, I would have my HAL Mariner points to use for their elite status.  One thing I wonder:  the days, 151, for top status on Princess are so very low compared to HAL's.  Princess could get stuck with a LOT of Elite-qualifiers from HAL.

My understanding is that Princess’ status is based on the number of days cruised (similar to the HAL’S medallions) while HAL’s is based on cruise days, spending and additional points for suites.

If there were to be a combination I suspect only HAL’s actual cruise days would count towards Princess?  Who knows.

42 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

Has this "swapping of profile information" happened to you and what do you think of the possibility of HAL and Princess merging a passenger's loyalty points as they are pretty much competing for the same demographics?

My HAL account is fine, however, my Seabourn account profile first changed my DOB, then just last week my legal name changed. Each were quickly fixed with an email to Seabourn Club. So, it's just not Princess. Guess I'd best go check my Princess info now.............

• Like 1

Its a typical problem with their website. If I am not mistaken, due to a long pause because of the COVID they had to postpone the maintenance of the website which resulted in this kind of problems with logging in and other data connected with user profiles. You need to contact their support for clarification. I think its temporary 

14 minutes ago, Roger88 said:

Its a typical problem with their website. If I am not mistaken, due to a long pause because of the COVID they had to postpone the maintenance of the website which resulted in this kind of problems with logging in and other data connected with user profiles. You need to contact their support for clarification. I think its temporary 

I'm assuming you're responding to the @tjcox9 post because I can't figure out why our HAL Mariner numbers would also be treated as a second Princess CC number unless the databases have in some way been recently merged in some for or fashion? You have to admit that is pretty squirrelly.

BTW our HAL accounts were fine.

Edited by Ken the cruiser

1 hour ago, SilvertoGold said:

With Celebrity and Azamara, my Celebrity Captain's Club number is exactly the same as my Azamara Circle number and the applicable cruise points accrue in both loyalty programs when we sail (probably in the same underlying account) regardless of which cruise line we sail with. However, if we go on a RCCL cruise, our Captain's Club status is acknowledged and we receive the appropriate benefits, but no cruise points will be added to our Celebrity/Azamara account, just to our RCCL Crown and Anchor Society account.

Maybe one day a similar application might be implemented on Carnival cruises with their similar cruise lines. For example, Princess and HAL, Seabourn and Cunard, Carnival and P&O, etc. Just a thought ... 

But in answer to your question, as @kazu mentioned, the combining of points would probably be tied to the total number of cruise days. However, each line may also maintain their current point system for their loyal customers, where HAL gives additional credit for onboard spending while Princess gives credit for number of cruise legs sailed which double if you book a full suite.

2 hours ago, kazu said:

My understanding is that Princess’ status is based on the number of days cruised (similar to the HAL’S medallions) while HAL’s is based on cruise days, spending and additional points for suites.

It's a combination of # of cruises and cruise days.  I've only taken one Princess cruise (10 days), and had to pay double because I sailed solo.  I got 2 cruise credits instead of 1 because I paid double, but only 10 cruise days.  

I can move up to Ruby with 4-5 cruise credits or 31-50 cruise days.  So if I took another solo cruise, I'd get 2 more credits and be Ruby on my 3rd cruise.

1 hour ago, DaveOKC said:

Given the downsizing of CCL lines, IMO it makes sense to explore the combining of some lines - Princess and HAL are a likely match I think. 

I'm ok with crossover status and points, future cruise opportunities while onboard, but lets keep these two lines fundamentally separate.

• Like 1

We sail both HAL and Princess, HAL is number of days sailed.  We have  220 days on HAL and 46 days on Princess.  Princess can be either or, or a combination of both.

The membership levels are as follows:
  • Gold – Upon completion of 1 Princess cruise.
  • Ruby – 4th/5th cruise or 31-50 cruise days.
  • Platinum – 6th/15th cruise or 51-150 cruise days.
  • Elite – From 16th cruise or 151+ cruise days.
Technically on Princess,  one could take 16 one day cruises to get to top level.  We have met many people who did take a one day cruise if they needed to get to next level.  For me 7 days is too little, let alone one night cruises, even though we could easily go Seattle to Vancouver or vice versa.  Let's hope we all cruise soon.
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

We sail both HAL and Princess, HAL is number of days sailed. 

With regards to HAL Mariner Society points, I believe you accrue their points as follows: one point for each cruise day, one point for every $300 you spend onboard, and an extra point for every cruise day you are booked in a suite (Vista, Signature, Neptune or Pinnacle).

4 hours ago, kazu said:

My understanding is that Princess’ status is based on the number of days cruised (similar to the HAL’S medallions)

Actually, Princess's levels are based on either days cruise OR cruises.  Whichever gets you to the next level quicker.

GOLD After your 1st completed cruise

RUBY From your 4th-5th cruise credit,or 31-50 cruise days

PLATINUM From your 6th-15th cruise credit,or 51-150 cruise days

ELITE From your 16th cruise credit on,or 151+ cruise days

Also

You will earn an additional cruise credit for sailing as single occupancy or for booking and sailing in a full suite (excludes mini-suites, Club Class suites and paid upgrades to a full suite).

Edited by Shmoo here
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Ken the cruiser said:

With regards to HAL Mariner Society points, I believe you accrue their points as follows: one point for each cruise day, one point for every $300 you spend onboard, and an extra point for every cruise day you are booked in a suite (Vista, Signature, Neptune or Pinnacle).

Hi Ken, 

Yes, that is correct, I should have been more clear.  I look forward to the medallions and that is based on cruise days.  I love all that stuff, even the tiles.  I appreciate all of that from HAL.  Princess gives you a sticker for a little paper passport. I don’t collect the stickers.  I am so hopeful for a turn around next spring and then we all can plan our next cruise. 
Take Care, Mary

• Like 1

We are Platinum with Princess and I just checked my Princess account.  They have my birthdate wrong now -- correct month and year, but wrong day of the month.  Oddly, the incorrect day they have is the same as the day my passport expires.  Almost like somebody did manual entry and looked at the wrong figure.

We're 4 star with HAL.  If they merge programs, that's fine with me.

8 minutes ago, Lido deck main said:

Hi Ken, 

Yes, that is correct, I should have been more clear.  I look forward to the medallions and that is based on cruise days.  I love all that stuff, even the tiles.  I appreciate all of that from HAL.  Princess gives you a sticker for a little paper passport. I don’t collect the stickers.  I am so hopeful for a turn around next spring and then we all can plan our next cruise. 
Take Care, Mary

We have our 26 tiles lined up on our dining table.

2 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I'm ok with crossover status and points, future cruise opportunities while onboard, but lets keep these two lines fundamentally separate.

As I mentioned before, I've only taken one Princess cruise, but I found Princess and HAL more alike than different.  The reason I've continued to sail with HAL is they usually have better fares and more interesting itineraries.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, tjcox9 said:

My HAL account is fine, however, my Seabourn account profile first changed my DOB, then just last week my legal name changed. Each were quickly fixed with an email to Seabourn Club. So, it's just not Princess. Guess I'd best go check my Princess info now.............

Quoting myself here......Princess info is fine, but it did remind me that our Princess number and our Cunard numbers are one and the same. We've not cruised on either for a few years, so I hadn't considered that earlier in the thread. 🤔

14 minutes ago, tjcox9 said:

Quoting myself here......Princess info is fine, but it did remind me that our Princess number and our Cunard numbers are one and the same. We've not cruised on either for a few years, so I hadn't considered that earlier in the thread. 🤔

If your Princess and Cunard loyalty numbers are the same, are they also linked to the same loyalty database like Celebrity and Azamara where you accumulate points on regardless of which cruise line you sail? 

But, in this case, they do not accumulate together. Each is separate accounting for number of cruise and days, etc. I think it's just that Princess handles Cunard's booking in the US. I actually remember calling Cunard once regarding a booked cruise and having the ending of the call being  "Thank you for calling Princess." OOPS!!

• Like 1

I have 17 cruises on Princess and have not cruised with Holland America.  I assumed the birthdates might be a day off only for customers who have a Holland America and Princess loyalty numbers so they can get benefits on both cruise lines. I then logged into my Princess account and my birthdate is one day off.

I am of the belief there may be a merger of Holland America and Princess in the works which would be a major cost savings at the HQ level.  If the concern is branding Carnival Corporation may want to come out with a newly named cruise line post COVID19 and allow the loyal customers from Holland America and Princess to keep their current status.  

I can confirm that my Princess Captain's Circle / Cunard Club / HAL's Mariner Society are all using the same membership number. If I travel on Seabourn in the future, they can use the same number as well. Not sure about P&O but seems they are different.

Of course you can use separately numbers of each cruise line, but I love to have all of them under the same number so it is easier to remember.

Even though it is the same number, each cruise line will count the points individually (in the past Princess also counted the cruise nights if you had sailed on P&O, but this no longer happen now).

If you have sailed with Princess before, when you book HAL for the first time, you can ask the travel agent to input your Princess Captain's Circle number. The booking system will automatically find your details you have saved in Princess. But I don't know if you can do this if you book directly on cruise line website.

This is because Princess / Cunard / HAL / Seabourn all use the same reservation system.

Edited by Cruise Wonderland
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1