Horizon 5/15/21 cruise gone, May through Sept blocked

iamsteph

John Heald mentioned this morning that the switch over of reservations from Sunrise to Horizon were now complete.  He did not state the reason for the swap around, but maybe it is buried in a response to a comment.

So presumably everyone can now see their reservations on Horizon?

We just got our room assignments on the switch from Sunrise to Horizon and not happy! We had two side by side balcony cabins on deck 8 on Sunrise and have been moved to two balcony cabins on deck 7 ... one port side and one starboard. This for my grandsons graduation! Carnival has told us we can't make any changes. Oh, and we also lost our requested dining time that was confirmed on Sunrise. 😡

9 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

John Heald mentioned this morning that the switch over of reservations from Sunrise to Horizon were now complete.  He did not state the reason for the swap around, but maybe it is buried in a response to a comment.

So presumably everyone can now see their reservations on Horizon?

Yes.  My original details are all correct for May 15 sailing

10 hours ago, titlediva said:

We just got our room assignments on the switch from Sunrise to Horizon and not happy! We had two side by side balcony cabins on deck 8 on Sunrise and have been moved to two balcony cabins on deck 7 ... one port side and one starboard. This for my grandsons graduation! Carnival has told us we can't make any changes. Oh, and we also lost our requested dining time that was confirmed on Sunrise. 😡

Escalate.

10 hours ago, titlediva said:

There may not he any adjoining or side by side cabins available.  I know @xDisconnections said to escalate it but if there arent any available cabins...what can they do? Ask for extra OBC or just get a full refund and rebook on another sailing.

13 minutes ago, stobe1 said:

There may not he any adjoining or side by side cabins available.  I know @xDisconnections said to escalate it but if there arent any available cabins...what can they do? Ask for extra OBC or just get a full refund and rebook on another sailing.

Going from Sunrise to Horizon during a period where people outside of this message board have very low perceptions of the cruise industry, I find it hard to believe the cruise is sold out. It’s likely that inventory is currently restricted but an escalated tier should be able to work with the inventory and revenue management teams to reach a resolution.

Even if there aren’t available staterooms, they can offer move-downs or even move-over offers or reach out to other guests to see if they would be willing to switch staterooms. Perhaps an upgraded category in the same meta (not upgraded room type) could assist as well.

The inventory teams who handle room blocking know how to be creative — especially on cruise lines where you have three different segments all sold as single or individual.

Edited by xDisconnections

Thank you!  I will try to escalate and see what they would be willing to do. We have been told that if we move at all we lose our price protection and of course, now the cruise is quite a bit more than when we booked, partly due to it being Horizon.