Cruise Cancelled 2021

Dp42wl

This is actually great news! Should go under the “ Some Good News” thread. Mostly stopped posting here because of the constant dribble, from the usual suspects, of gloom and doom; I’ve canceled everything; I’m not sailing again until at least; I don’t want to DIE!; Blah, Blah, Blah!

These people are sailing! Oceania has chartered out the complete ship! They don’t have to worry about selling to any gloom and doomers for at least one cruise. They’re getting revenue! Great News for O! 

Feel free to now return to your normal pessimistic viewpoints on life! 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, pinotlover said:

These people are sailing! Oceania has chartered out the complete ship!

They are not sailing (yet) - they only booked the ship. There are any number of future bookings on all ships - you can make a booking too but it does not equate sailing..

Sailing is when they are actually at sea.

Hopefully very soon.

• Like 1

Dribble is what you do with a basketball, or when saliva runs out of someone's mouth when they're all wound up. 

Drivel on the other hand is when nonsense comes out of a person's mouth, or keyboard. Oddly enough Drivel can refer to saliva flowing from the mouth, but Dribble doesn't refer to nonsense. Although most internet boards tend to use them interchangeably when referring to nonsense they really aren't.

Just a pet peeve, I know we're not supposed to correct grammar, but .................

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, chromatographer said:

Looks like an fun change of pace for the crew compared to the typical Oceania passenger demographics. Best wishes to the charter for a good sailing.

A change of pace is a complete understatement!  For the most part the crew do have a blast!  They work many more hours than they normally would, but they also have a good time!  We’ve done a number of charter sailings with RSVP (nearly the same as Atlantis) and it is hard to describe just how different a charter is compared to the regular day 2 day. 

• Like 2

On 8/17/2020 at 11:01 AM, Paulchili said:

They are not sailing (yet) - they only booked the ship. There are any number of future bookings on all ships - you can make a booking too but it does not equate sailing..

Sailing is when they are actually at sea.

Hopefully very soon.

it will be quite awhile until any of their ships sail again. FDR is taking spring, we hope  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Earl Rosebery said:

I can’t imagine a better way to spread the Covid 19 virus.  The mind boggles.

By a group chartering a cruise? I’m not sure what you mean. 

• Like 1

On 8/22/2020 at 5:07 AM, bradpole said:

A change of pace is a complete understatement!  For the most part the crew do have a blast!  They work many more hours than they normally would, but they also have a good time!  We’ve done a number of charter sailings with RSVP (nearly the same as Atlantis) and it is hard to describe just how different a charter is compared to the regular day 2 day. 

We're young for the cruise lines we like and are generally closer to the age of the crew aside from the captain, host, etc. We enjoy the bit of extra attention while it lasts 😅

15 hours ago, Earl Rosebery said:

I can’t imagine a better way to spread the Covid 19 virus.  The mind boggles.

Hopefully Covid  will not be an issue by next summer ..if it  is then there may not be any cruises 

19 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Hopefully Covid  will not be an issue by next summer ..if it  is then there may not be any cruises 

This is obviously a personal statement of Lyn’s anticipation of actions.

By next summer, if Covid-19 is still active, there will be numerous accurate 20 minute tests( and less) to determine if a passenger has the virus. If they do, they will be denied boarding. Additionally, by next summer, it is highly predicted that a vaccine will be available for those that can , or choose to, 

take it. For those that don’t, they will remain safely hunkered at home as neither airlines nor cruise ships will allow them to board.

Forecasting or Projections of today’s August weather( it’s this way today therefore) into next January or anytime into a year’s future is as reasonable as projections of cruise protocols a year out!  However, pessimist must display pessimism! 

• Like 1

I'm thinking of booking Riviera's July 30 cruise from Istanbul to Athens.  I'm assuming the chartered cruise is just that one cruise, and won't affect the cruise I'm looking at.  The G rooms are on guaranty, which really doesn't mean much, and one of the suite categories is waitlisted.  Other categories are open.  

So hopefully this isn't horribly off topic, but i have a couple questions:  

With the current pricing and the cancel for any reason up to two weeks in advance policy, is there the fairly usual schedule for final payment?  I like the easy cancel policy in case something happens in the next year and/or Covid is still active.  However, I may not want to book anything if I have to pay the balance soon.  

And how does that booking engine on O's website work?  Does it show all cabins that are available to book in each category, or are some held back?  A while back only some cabins were showing, and if you asked for more, you'd get more.  But it looks like things have changed since then.  (I'm trying to gauge just how many cabins might be available.  There looks to be lots of availability for the cruise that interests me, but I also know that a lot of people are hoping to cruise next summer and fall, so may be booking up a bunch of cabins.  And we normally just take an inside or ocean-view cabin, so we usually book early since there aren't a whole lot of those. 

Aand

Absolutely no one, outside of O staff, knows the answer to your question. Absolutely NO ONE!

You are asking about protocols for a cruise eleven (11) months out, when Oceania can’t tell you what they’re doing five (5) months from now!

Cabin availability and offerings will swing wildly over the next year! Don’t get hung up on all of it. Pick an available cabin, for a cruise you like, that meets your needs and don’t look back! Life becomes much more pleasant then!

My projection is available cruise cabins will become like seats on an airline. Prices and actual availability will swing wildly. Pick  what you are comfortable with and don’t look back! 

Edited by pinotlover