Everything... project Leonardo/Prima class!

On 10/28/2022 at 9:13 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

FWIW - my final payment was due tomorrow. I opted to save the $14k and skip the Prima for now - just seems a poor value (to only have 250 minutes of internet and a "regular" drink package to boot)... oh well !

Tom

We too are wondering if we will be disappointed.... 

Different topic:  If you current have one or several reservations with NCL, their current promotion (50%) has created a price drop for all my 4 bookings

One has $100.00, 2 have $1000.00 and 1 has $1500 price drop

My PCC did adjust my reservations.  

Current promotion expires in 31 hours

• Like 4

On 10/28/2022 at 9:13 PM, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

FWIW - my final payment was due tomorrow. I opted to save the $14k and skip the Prima for now - just seems a poor value (to only have 250 minutes of internet and a "regular" drink package to boot)... oh well !

Tom

For $14K I'd say....you should be given unlimited streaming Internet and Premium drink pack for that money. I don't blame you for canceling. I worked for a guy who bought a diner from his uncle who was about to lose it. He was losing it because the quality of food was the pits. He was greedy and stupid. Anyway, the guy who bought it from him did the opposite and bought high quality food and catered to his regular customers with occasional free meals and desserts and complimentary pitchers of coffee. His business boomed! He completely turned it around and made millions. Smart guy.....NCL would do well to take a page out of his book. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

Different topic:  If you current have one or several reservations with NCL, their current promotion (50%) has created a price drop for all my 4 bookings

Is this a permanent drop in price or a short term sale? 

2 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

My PCC was non responsive today, never connected in the past 2 weeks via a number of calls and messages, so I gave up and called the Platinum Latitudes support line.  Those reps are great and I called twice today, repriced 2 Joy cruises for Nov/Dec 2023 and then later during a break from work, looked at 2024 cruises and called again to have 5 cruises repriced, each cruise was about 300pp savings so it added up to some nice savings.  Getting the balances ready for the Nov 5th Bank of America special day.  BofA is giving a one day 2 point bonus for every $1 charged that day.  I am getting the account into a small credit balance so I can charge the future cruises and max out the card 🙂  I like to keep my cruise balances to an even $500 or $1000 so its easy to see if NCL has done anything to mess up the cruise pricing.  This just happened on a PofA cruise later this month, a fully paid cruise all of a sudden showed a $19+ balance.  Hahahaha that came back to bite them.  I had a FCC that expired Dec 31 2022 and was not the  $$ type that could be used for excursions, this was a discount off the base price of a cruise.  By having a balance due, I was able to apply the FCC coupon at payment checkout, when you do this it requires a 2nd form of payment, added credit card for $.01 🙂  The system applied the FCC coupon and now the cruise is overpaid and they refunded the overpayment to my card.

Tom

1 hour ago, GreenFamily said:

Is this a permanent drop in price or a short term sale? 

I didn't ask that question.  For at least the last 6 months, on the main NCL page, it was always 40% off.

Today when I saw 50% as a promo, I checked the price of my 4 bookings and they all had a price drop.

When I see a price drop, I don't ask how long it will last.  Prices can go up at any given time.  I called my PCC and within 30 minutes, all adjustments were made and confirmation received.  Total savings for my 4 cruises:  $3,600.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BenCoudon said:

I didn't ask that question.  For at least the last 6 months, on the main NCL page, it was always 40% off.

Today when I saw 50% as a promo, I checked the price of my 4 bookings and they all had a price drop.

When I see a price drop, I don't ask how long it will last.  Prices can go up at any given time.  I called my PCC and within 30 minutes, all adjustments were made and confirmation received.  Total savings for my 4 cruises:  $3,600.  

I saw a comment that the current deal is short term and will end in a day.  But I have heard that before LOL

16 hours ago, BenCoudon said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Question you'll likely know the answer to - I've read somewhere that you can only have your booking repriced only once - is this true or can you call every time you see a lower price?

6 minutes ago, mast3rn8 said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Question you'll likely know the answer to - I've read somewhere that you can only have your booking repriced only once - is this true or can you call every time you see a lower price?

You can call every time until your final payment deadline but then after that it is a 1x deal- you can choose upgrade or credit and/or voucher (depending on a few things).

4 minutes ago, mast3rn8 said:

Thanks for the heads up!

Never heard that one before

For my October 2024 cruise, this is the second time I get a price drop.  I booked that cruise in november 2021 and already had a price drop in June 2022.

I believe that until the final payment date, you can always adjust the cruise fare.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, kirsten1526 said:

You can call every time until your final payment deadline but then after that it is a 1x deal- you can choose upgrade or credit and/or voucher (depending on a few things).

After final payment, it's now paid upgrade or FCC only. And only if you meet the strict requirements.

280471365_10159672808502696_3746145843231021840_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=F_Iinv1aP8wAX8-XQnn&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-2.xx&oh=00_AfAGhQo9FYe4Rimx7bCk7mGNEPpn-ToNkH-tm_YNyqUDuQ&oe=6368F622

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, mast3rn8 said:

Thanks for the heads up!

It depends on the timing.  Prior to the 120 day payment due deadline, you can reprice as many times as you wish, just be careful that you don't lose any important perks, they will update to the current offerings.  If you booked a long time ago, the meal and internet perks have changed.  If after the payment due deadline, yes only one reprice is available, it is paid in the form of FCC and only posted after you complete the cruise being repriced.  there are some hoops to pass though, if you have the BOGO air there is a time deadline for any repricing, I forget the #days but it might be as long as 90 days.  Perks you have on current cruse much match the offerings on the pricing you want to reprice to.  If not then they will not approve the FCC.  

Tom

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

First, Prima is a lovely ship. As with anything new there will be some tweaks along the way and you have to expect some settling and maintenance, just like driving a new car off the lot. However, I was disappointed. I did not get the fire pit outside or the hanging hammocks on deck that I was shown. We paid for the Vibe pass and we're told a couple of days that there were no umbrellas available as the ship did not have enough on board. Broken stools, shattered glass on the Ocean Walk, and no real place to lounge outside after 5pm because all of the deck spaces were cleared and everything was put away each evening (not due to weather...it was beautiful). Nails were popping through the deck boards by the pool and the slide and mini golf were all shut down because they were broken and cracked. Had I not booked super early and got a great price I would have been very upset. Darts cost $20 for 15 minutes of play and muni golf, go karts and Galaxy Pavilion all are added costs. I also heard over and over again that the venues were too small and never open. Sid Norman's opens from 9 to 11pm. The Improv open for 45 minutes at a time and is very limited. I understand the goal of intimate settings, but when you have to schedule every minute to be sure you can do anything on your cruise it takes the fun out of vacation. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, SuzannaG said:

First, Prima is a lovely ship. As with anything new there will be some tweaks along the way and you have to expect some settling and maintenance, just like driving a new car off the lot. However, I was disappointed. 

We were on the NYC to Galveston, and we were also, for much of it,  disappointed in the small venues (50 seats at the Improv?? And pillars blocking many of those!) Uncomfortably tight seating in the small main theater, and waaay too loud volume on every show, thank goodness for earplugs!  If we weren't in the wonderful Haven I would have been mad.  Haven food good, all other venues very hit and miss. Bars were great! And, I do understand they are still working out the kinks.  Hard to find comfy chairs (lOTS of seating, but, wow, most were hard on my back).  I could do a whole post on the pros and cons, but still recovering from the cruise.   They wanted to create cozy venues, but it did not work with 3000 people competing for them. I had to show up 30-40 minutes early for lectures/shows at Syds or Improv, just to stand in the back, even with reservations.    Sad. And they are going to build more like the Prima.  My next NCL will be on an older ship for sure. That said, I liked the colors and decor. Beautiful.  

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Buglady777 said:

We were on the NYC to Galveston, and we were also, for much of it,  disappointed in the small venues (50 seats at the Improv?? And pillars blocking many of those!) Uncomfortably tight seating in the small main theater, and waaay too loud volume on every show, thank goodness for earplugs!  If we weren't in the wonderful Haven I would have been mad.  Haven food good, all other venues very hit and miss. Bars were great! And, I do understand they are still working out the kinks.  Hard to find comfy chairs (lOTS of seating, but, wow, most were hard on my back).  I could do a whole post on the pros and cons, but still recovering from the cruise.   They wanted to create cozy venues, but it did not work with 3000 people competing for them. I had to show up 30-40 minutes early for lectures/shows at Syds or Improv, just to stand in the back, even with reservations.    Sad. And they are going to build more like the Prima.  My next NCL will be on an older ship for sure. That said, I liked the colors and decor. Beautiful.  

I was on the TA and agree.  NCL really needs to pull the ship from the Northern Europe itinerary in 2023 and redeploy it to the Med, or Caribbean.  Loss of the outdoor areas due to cold and weather just compounds the space issue inside.

Tom

Just off the BA and we missed the food hall lol. Guess that's the only thing we enjoyed on the Prima. On the BA we were able to see every show in Syd's ( even had a seat for both of us ) and was able to see every adult comedy show and enjoyed O'Sheehans. Still willing to try the Prima again but have decided to cancel the Viva TA.

Jim

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

Is the Viva construction going to be discussed here or is there another thread?  I would love to follow the construction process and any adjustments being made as a result of feedback from Prima.

Tom

I booked my first cruise on the Viva so I would follow this as well. 

32 minutes ago, RVACruiser43 said:

Is the Viva construction going to be discussed here or is there another thread?  I would love to follow the construction process and any adjustments being made as a result of feedback from Prima.

Tom

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 10:50 AM, JIMESOPUS said:

Just off the BA and we missed the food hall lol. Guess that's the only thing we enjoyed on the Prima. On the BA we were able to see every show in Syd's ( even had a seat for both of us ) and was able to see every adult comedy show and enjoyed O'Sheehans. Still willing to try the Prima again but have decided to cancel the Viva TA.

Jim

I was on the Prima TA and also disembarked from the Breakaway yesterday. Although I did enjoy sailing on the Prima, I agree that it was nice to be able to enjoy O'Sheehans versus the odd seating at the Local Bar; I never felt comfortable at the Local on the Prima.

It was also great to be able to attend every show at Syd's on the Breakaway, as I had no such luck on the Prima. However, I did have to queue up 45+ minutes before the show on the Breakaway, especially for Rumours and Prom. By showtime it was standing room only.

I'm going to sailing on Prima in about two weeks. The more I see reviews about small venues, the more concerned I get. Are there two improv shows a night during a week long sailing? I thought I had read somewhere that at least one of the improv shows would be held in the theatre. It's sounding like it's going to be spending the evening time waiting in line for a venue.

• Like 1