Where was I?

9 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

UA HUKA BAY

I will give it to you for finding the island. Photo has been up long enough. The name of the bay is Vaipae'e Bay, it is considered one of the most trickest bays in the world. It also the only port to have rat sniffing dogs. As the only island in FP not to have European rats they want to keep it that way so every ship is inspected. They're specially trained and brought from Europe. Great little island with lots of history and one of the best Polynesian museums I have seen. Here's some other landscape pics of the island just for fun🤗, including Hane Bay which is much more friendly than Vaipae'e😆1639862089_ScreenShot2020-10-28at1_15_41AM.thumb.png.5fc6a4877f32905f88a61a82d7142e7b.png

27 minutes ago, Blackduck59 said:

I saw this on an episode of Mighty Ships and it was a Scandinavian Cruise, I think it was on the Koningsdam episode. 

Yeah, Mighty Ships is a nice show, unfortunately there isn't that many episodes of it. I wish there were more and they could explore each and every both major and a smaller ship just for the beginners to have an idea what ships are out there

3 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

You have got it, now that the first line of storms with no damage has passed ,hope you fared the same, looks like another is on the way, you can have a go.

The storm passed us probably before it reached you (from what you posted above). It wasn't bad today. My brother lives on Russell Island. They really copped it in Sunday's storm. The phones are out and apparently some people had damage to their fuse boxes from the lightning. I tried to talk to him on his mobile, but it cut out every half minute or so. They were told the phones/internet won't be repaired until November. They are hoping that this means 'next week'.

Edited by Aus Traveller

It was a bit noisy and dark, but little rain. Drove through hail and very heavy rain on Sunday though.

2 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

You have got it, now that the first line of storms with no damage has passed ,hope you fared the same, looks like another is on the way, you can have a go.

When we were there we tendered, the other ship had the walkway.

IMG_4111.JPG

2 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

The storm passed us probably before it reached you (from what you posted above). It wasn't bad today. My brother lives on Russell Island. They really copped it in Sunday's storm. The phones are out and apparently some people had damage to their fuse boxes from the lightning. I tried to talk to him on his mobile, but it cut out every half minute or so. They are hoping their phones etc. will be repaired next week.

We are just south of Russell Island and luckily we missed the damaging stuff, had a nice fall of rain 41mls, which was very nice, not a lot of rain today, we had more yesterday

5 minutes ago, vada_9 said:

It was a bit noisy and dark, but little rain. Drove through hail and very heavy rain on Sunday though.

When we were there we tendered, the other ship had the walkway.

IMG_4111.JPG

Looks like you had a warm day there, what time of the year was you there, we where there in May and went up to the top of the mountain and it was freezing, a white out and snow and wind.

8 minutes ago, qbay46 said:

Looks like you had a warm day there, what time of the year was you there, we where there in May and went up to the top of the mountain and it was freezing, a white out and snow and wind.

We were there in August. It was a pleasant day. It had been cold and wet in Bergen beforehand, Cool in Flam.

26 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

People using concrete like a beach reminds me of Italy😂

Yes, it is.

23 minutes ago, Bowm54 said:

Would you have been in lake Garda, Italy?

Close, but not that lake.