ABC of Ports in Photos

DamianG

36 minutes ago, Izzywiz said:

well.....we are nearing the end of the alphabet and I have searched my photographs for 'U' ports but could only come up with Ushuaia which is on the southern tip of Argentina. We visited there on Star Princess in 2013. I'm posting a few pictures of the area as well as the ship..... 

Star Princess, Ushuaia, Argentina 2.JPG

Star Princess, Ushuaia, Argentina.JPG

Star Ptincess, Ushuaia, Arhentina (2).JPG

Star Ptincess, Ushuaia, Arhentina (3).JPG

Well done for finding some "U's" 👍👏👏👏

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Gettingwarmer said:

I have no ports for U but when we were on Aurora I took a pictiure of S S Uganda in The Uganda Room which was a ship I sailed when a school pupil aged 13.443177528_IMG_0526(2020_06_2715_01_18UTC).thumb.JPG.7d433a847ab8e286cf8c07e7b85cfff1.JPG

I've heard a few tales about this ship and did wonder if anyone would come up with a photo for our thread. Love it!

U's seem to be thin on the ground (not surprisingly) so I'm going to move us on to "V" where I'm expecting an avalanche of photos for one famous port in particular and I'm going to get mine in first!

V is for:

Venice (of course)

Venice 1.JPG

Venice 1a.JPG

Venice 1b.JPG

Venice 1c.JPG

Venice 1d.JPG

Venice 1e.JPG

Venice 3.JPG

Venice 4.JPG

Venice 5.JPG

Venice 6.JPG

We were up before 7am for the sail in and it was worth the effort just to see the peace and calm of the deserted streets.

We sat out on Oriana's tiered deck stern for the sail away which was accompanied by classical music. I don't know much about classical music but it was exactly the right choice for the moment and made for a truly memorable sail away.

Edited by DamianG
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, DamianG said:

U's seem to be thin on the ground (not surprisingly) so I'm going to move us on to "V" where I'm expecting an avalanche of photos for one famous port in particular so I'm going to get mine in first!

V is for:

Venice (of course)

Venice 1.JPG

Venice 1a.JPG

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, DamianG said:

U's seem to be thin on the ground (not surprisingly) so I'm going to move us on to "V" where I'm expecting an avalanche of photos for one famous port in particular and I'm going to get mine in first!

V is for:

Venice (of course)

Venice 1.JPG

Venice 1a.JPG

Venice 1b.JPG

Venice 1c.JPG

Venice 1d.JPG

Venice 1e.JPG

Venice 3.JPG

Venice 4.JPG

Venice 5.JPG

Venice 6.JPG

We were up before 7am for the sail in and it was worth the effort just to see the peace and calm of the deserted streets.

We sat out on Oriana's tiered deck stern for the sail away which was accompanied by classical music. I don't know much about classical music but it was exactly the right choice for the moment and made for a truly memorable sail away.

Fantastic photos of Venice one of our favourite ports.

• Thanks 1

We sailed 3 times on Splendour of the seas from Venice.

Our last time we got the water taxi to our Hotel Hilton Molina Stucky in picture.

It was a short water taxi across the canal to St Marks.

In the morning we got a water taxi to the ship.

Screenshot_20200907_094149_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4

33 minutes ago, DamianG said:

Vigo

Vigo.jpeg

A port that gets unfair criticism in our opinion, it's a firm favourite for us.

We like it too.

The long shopping street is at the top of the hill and about a mile from the ship so lots of first visit passengers don't know it's there.

The sea promenade is nice too.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

We like it too.

The long shopping street is at the top of the hill and about a mile from the ship so lots of first visit passengers don't know it's there.

The sea promenade is nice too.

I like Vigo too. Love all the quirky statues especially Jules Verne.

These are my last pics as I have none for W, X, Y or Z 😤 (need to get out cruising more 😂😂)

Such a brilliant thread DamienG - thanks for starting it 🙂🙂🙂

V is for ...

Vigo x 2 (Anthem of the Seas)

Villefranche x 3 (Independence of the Seas) - I love when we tender - you get such an amazing perspective of the ship 💞

162347E5-9112-4FBF-8DBA-F03E879E3CA4.thumb.jpeg.20f0e4c44805310a9e7fdcc6435f069b.jpeg
3D1EA553-5550-4E77-B8C1-207BC136E216.thumb.jpeg.e59ebcf0a5e572a61a82149f86227953.jpeg

91656F4D-39D0-43F6-A720-0D65C6057A3A.thumb.jpeg.46c2f9035c81d550355d7d0bbd17d15b.jpeg

1255D5A8-C05E-4581-86A7-3DA53706C8D4.thumb.jpeg.57ed3c06df937447b20b049f8e661613.jpeg
07745E39-FEAD-43AA-A2CD-98A30D0E3F1B.thumb.jpeg.c007780301b9e7d4901dc6d84c4b83ae.jpeg

• Like 6