Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

Now that we are two pages further along this thread since I last posted the port lists, this may be a good time to post the updated lists. By my count we have now seen 584 different Cunard ports/cruise-bys on this thread. There are still plenty of opportunities to post photos you have of Cunard ports/cruise-bys we haven't seen yet. Also feel free to post photos showing different perspectives on any of the ports we have already seen.

Where in the World 2022-09-10.txt   Cunard ports not seen yet 2022-09-10.txt

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bluemarble said:

For a change this is one of my own photos, not a webcam capture. It's a different view of a port we've already seen. This isn't quite a Cunard ship and it isn't quite showing the port area itself but I think this scene will be recognizable.

360228420_WhereintheWorld(104).thumb.jpg.e5b0f560e7191aa54dcc3e982c1b72b2.jpg

What a scene. If she just had made it.

I venture to say Halifax.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sogne said:

this should be easy but not always this peaceful

Appears to be Lands End Cornwall UK and the lighthouse?  A nice view in, as you say, unusually calm conditions. 

One time years ago, Mrs. sfred and I were bushwalking on the coastal trails, and we had three or four alternating sequences of bright sunshine, heavy rain, freezing sleet, and fog.  A wonderful area regardless, and the sleet made the beer even better at the pub afterwards.

Edited by sfred

On 9/13/2022 at 11:35 PM, sogne said:

this might be more difficult a remote island not an official sail by but the captain did say "we will be sailing by XYZ Island at ...."

On 9/14/2022 at 2:35 AM, sogne said:

PS I am certain that no Cunard ship has been there since.

This one is hard.  Using your clue that no Cunard ship has passed by since your voyage, my thought was a location on a QE UK trip after the restart.  But I can't match any terrain shapes, especially with the top of the island in the clouds.  One possibility is Rathlin Island off the coast of Northern Ireland, so I'll try that for a guess?

Edited by sfred