Where in the world ?

Host Hattie

Now is a good time to post an updated honor roll listing all those who have contributed 50 or more posts to this amazing thread. It's been almost a year since I posted the last one and we have a new member to add now. @NE John's recent post was his 50th post here earning him a spot on our list.

Since the previous roll call I posted last August, @sfred has passed 600 posts, @exlondoner and @Colin_Cameron have each passed 300 posts, and @sogne has passed 100 posts. @sogne is the big mover on our latest list, moving up from 11th to 8th place.

Well done everyone. Let's see how much longer we can keep this thread going with additional contributions even if they are only different perspectives on ports we've already seen. Only 149 more posts needed to reach 5000 total posts.

Contributor               Posts

bluemarble                  1304

sfred                              689

Host Hattie                    375

exlondoner                    350

Colin_Cameron             313

carlmm                          270

Solent Richard              222

sogne                            177

Palmeat                         175

Lanky Lad                      129

Essiesmom                    120

Ray66                              88

ExArkie                            76

North West Newbie         71

Yaldi                                 67

NE John                           50

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Now is a good time to post an updated honor roll listing all those who have contributed 50 or more posts to this amazing thread. It's been almost a year since I posted the last one and we have a new member to add now. @NE John's recent post was his 50th post here earning him a spot on our list.

Since the previous roll call I posted last August, @sfred has passed 600 posts, @exlondoner and @Colin_Cameron have each passed 300 posts, and @sogne has passed 100 posts. @sogne is the big mover on our latest list, moving up from 11th to 8th place.

Well done everyone. Let's see how much longer we can keep this thread going with additional contributions even if they are only different perspectives on ports we've already seen. Only 149 more posts needed to reach 5000 total posts.

Contributor               Posts

bluemarble                  1304

sfred                              689

Host Hattie                    375

exlondoner                    350

Colin_Cameron             313

carlmm                          270

Solent Richard              222

sogne                            177

Palmeat                         175

Lanky Lad                      129

Essiesmom                    120

Ray66                              88

ExArkie                            76

North West Newbie         71

Yaldi                                 67

NE John                           50

I’m glad to chime in (especially with Nessebur) and thank you @bluemarblefor the running the show. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, exlondoner said:

Well, it is pretty easy to guess where this is, but doesn’t it look like Dorset?

IMG_0475.thumb.jpeg.f6001e36a4d3cde83b0513d10bbca7c3.jpeg

I won't give away the location, but I'll add these webcam images which I believe are showing the same location which indeed is not Dorset.

WhereintheWorld(148a).thumb.jpg.ab89bc7edbf378e0eefd6e8d6a45af9c.jpg

WhereintheWorld(148b).thumb.jpg.208aa7882d3a0d871083dc92597954c4.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NE John said:

Those cliffs must extend along the northern coast of Spain. 

They do. Interestingly, just outside Bilbao, as in Dorset, they change to sandstone, for a while, then back to white, then a reddish colour, as if in Devon: all fascinating.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

A two for one offer on Cunard ships 🙂 

You are on Mary and Elizabeth ahead?

This is quite a sneaky one because my thinking was immediately Liverpool, crane colours fit, two Cunard ships together would fit for 2015, but then I realised you are on the reconfigured upper part of Mary. So with the headland on the port side ruling out Liverpool or other candidate Lisbon I will say Halifax NS. 

16 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

What are we counting as recent? We were there on Queen Elizabeth in 2013 !

Somewhat oddly to my thinking anyway, the only calls to Salerno I have documented for the current Cunard fleet are three calls by Queen Elizabeth, all during 2013. Those calls were 11 Sep 2013, 17 Oct 2013 and 8 Nov 2013.

41 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Maybe a problem at Naples at the time?

That's a good thought. The 2013 Cunard brochure has Naples listed for QE on those three dates, so it does appear to be a change that was made after the itineraries were originally published in the printed brochure. I do have calls to Naples documented on 15 Oct 2013, 20 Nov 2013 and 2 Dec 2013 which are as published in the brochure.

Edited by bluemarble
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

That's a good thought. The 2013 Cunard brochure has Naples listed for QE on those three dates, so it does appear to be a change that was made after the itineraries were originally published in the printed brochure. I do have calls to Naples documented on 15 Oct 2013, 20 Nov 2013 and 2 Dec 2013 which are as published in the brochure.

Oops, I didn't catch the fine print in the 2013 brochures. The three Salerno dates are listed in the 2013 brochure as "Naples (tours from Salerno), Italy ". So it does appear now they were all originally planned to be calls to Salerno. The other three calls to Naples I cited above are just listed as "Naples, Italy" in the 2013 brochure.

10 hours ago, sogne said:

Halifax NS July 19 QE   were were on QM2 

image.jpeg

11 hours ago, Yaldi said:

You are on Mary and Elizabeth ahead?

This is quite a sneaky one because my thinking was immediately Liverpool, crane colours fit, two Cunard ships together would fit for 2015, but then I realised you are on the reconfigured upper part of Mary. So with the headland on the port side ruling out Liverpool or other candidate Lisbon I will say Halifax NS. 

You are both of course correct. @bluemarble you were indeed on this trip 🙂 

• Like 2