Departing from Southampton

Pie Eater

We stay at the Holiday Inn - great big windows so there will be lots of fresh air in the room and above all brilliant views of the terminals. Just check which way you want your room to face dependant on the terminal. They do a stay and park package, so you just leave your car. They organise a taxi to the terminal and to collect you. Great and would not stay anywhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nosapphire said:

because we always use on-airport car parking, rather than having to phone ahead to tell the meet&greet when we will be there.

I prefer to use on-airport parking, as long as I can walk from the car park to the terminal. I don't "do" buses ! The multi-storey at BHX is ideal.

None of the valet car park services I have used recently required an advance phone call. Simply drove to the designated area, and dropped the car off.

31 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I prefer to use on-airport parking, as long as I can walk from the car park to the terminal. I don't "do" buses ! The multi-storey at BHX is ideal.

None of the valet car park services I have used recently required an advance phone call. Simply drove to the designated area, and dropped the car off.

Only ever used valet parking at Manchester,  and that was 10 years ago,  but it was easy and straight forward, drop off and pick up within yards of Terminal 2 entrance.

On 8/26/2020 at 3:48 PM, wowzz said:

We use a Premier Inn in Southampton.  

If you use the P&O free parking option, the company used is CPS. Your car is collected from you at the terminal, and returned there on your return. CPS have a good reputation, the holding carpark is nearby,  and I,  for one, have no compunction in handing my keys over to them, as do thousands of other people as well. 

I also use valet parking wherever possible at an airport. Who wants to faff around with coaches ? 

I agree with Harry and wowzz

used cps twice not an issue at all

will probably used parking4cruise next time or cps depending on price 

Have used P4C for many years with no problems at all and for me as always been a lot cheaper than CPS with just as good a service. We travel down the night before and stay at Holiday Inn Express just off M271 which is very convenient to getting to the port and also there is a very nice pub within walking distance of the hotel for a meal in the evening of your arrival.

Hi all,

Thank you all for your advice and recommendations you have given us plenty to think about.

The reason hubby has concerns about leaving car keys is that we live about 40mins from 

Manchester Airport and always use Airport only taxi co. and have sometimes heard on local news about cars

being left in dubious places which are mainly from 'meet and greet' companies.

(Saab4444 We also hoping that we will not be using masks in summer 2022 but one never knows

with the idiots about at the moment)

Thanks once again to everyone and keep well and safe (with your mask on)😷

17 minutes ago, Pie Eater said:

Hi all,

Thank you all for your advice and recommendations you have given us plenty to think about.

The reason hubby has concerns about leaving car keys is that we live about 40mins from 

Manchester Airport and always use Airport only taxi co. and have sometimes heard on local news about cars

being left in dubious places which are mainly from 'meet and greet' companies.

(Saab4444 We also hoping that we will not be using masks in summer 2022 but one never knows

with the idiots about at the moment)

Thanks once again to everyone and keep well and safe (with your mask on)😷

We have used several Manchester hotels within 4 miles of the airport and left our car at the hotels where our car is parked at the hotel while we have flown from Manchester Airport and never at a hotel where they take your car several miles away to some outdoor parking.

It is usually the airport hotels that do this.

As I said in an earlier post there are a number of near Southampton hotels where you stay overnight and your car is parked at the hotel for the entire length of your cruise and a taxi takes you to the cruise terminal and then back to the hotel after your cruise.

We stayed at the Meon Valley Country hotel last August which had its own golf course and leisure facilities.

Graham.