"Have It All" promo questions and general HAL questions

nunuc2000

I just booked hubby and I for a cruise in February of 2022 under the "have it all" promo, which includes the "signature beverage package", "signature dining package" and free gratuities.  We've never cruised HAL before, so I'm wondering about how their packages work. 

For the beverage package, would this include bottled water, specialty coffees, and martinis like espresso or cosmos?

For the dining package... how often can we dine in the specialty restaurants? We are booked on the Volendam, so I believe there is the Pinnacle Grill and the Canaletto. 

I've seen conflicting info on laundry... does the Volendam have a self-serve laundromat for use? If not, can anyone shed light on the prices for sending laundry out?

Thanks for any helpful info 🙂 

3 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Dining package is just one dinner (each) in the Pinnacle and Canaletto venues.

Well that’s not much of a promo LOL… But the gratuities and beverage package on a cruise of our duration is so I won’t complain. 😁

We've never been on Volendam, but on several other Holland America ships, and their laundry service is phenomenal.   For $7/day (a few dollars more for cruises in Europe), you get unlimited wash and press laundry (not dry cleaning).   So for $77 for an 11 night cruise, we only needed to bring 1/2 the clothes we normally might have ---- and could have brought less than that.   You can give specific instructions that are followed, and it's rare that someone posts about a problem with the laundry.   Undies come back neatly folded, wrapped in tissue in a wicker basket.   Turn around time is usually a day and sometimes less.   I did find that I usually needed to write "please press crease in pants".

If you don't choose that laundry option, there's the pay for each piece choice (and you may find that price list if you did a search), and Stuff a Bag for $20, I believe.   You can get a lot of undies, t shirts and shorts in the bag.   We pay less to have silk shirts dry cleaned than in Ct, so we don't find their prices outrageous.   Hope you have a fantastic trip!  

1 minute ago, Djptcp said:

How did the OP book a cruise under the Have it All Sale for Feb. 2022? When I have booked those the dates only go through April 2021. Did OP mean Feb. 2021?

Not the OP but we're looking at a January, 2022 cruise with Have It All.

17 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

How did the OP book a cruise under the Have it All Sale for Feb. 2022? When I have booked those the dates only go through April 2021. Did OP mean Feb. 2021?

Not true. I looked at the sale for a May 2021 cruise, so it goes beyond April...

1 hour ago, Djptcp said:

It’s definitely February 2022... with that promotion. 

One of the cruises we had booked that was canceled this year had "Have it all" as an optional fare. I calculated that the difference between the two fares worked out to almost exactly the prices of the drink package, gratuities, etc. Since we can't drink half as much as it would cost to buy them without the package, I selected the cheaper fare.

Something to watch for.

• Like 1

I don't get it. I have selected the Have it All Sale a number of times for the Caribbean and I swear it only goes through April 2021. I do see that the Europe and Alaska cruises do sail beyond April 2021, but I'm not interested in them, just the Caribbean. None of the posters have said where they are going, so I assume it's not the Caribbean.

16 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

I don't get it. I have selected the Have it All Sale a number of times for the Caribbean and I swear it only goes through April 2021. I do see that the Europe and Alaska cruises do sail beyond April 2021, but I'm not interested in them, just the Caribbean. None of the posters have said where they are going, so I assume it's not the Caribbean.

Caribbean season ends in April.

50 minutes ago, Djptcp said:

33 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Caribbean season ends in April.

HAL have only published Caribbean cruises through April 2021.  The fall 2021 to Spring 2022 cruises are not yet available for booking.  HAL has not indicated when they will be bookable.

My March 2022 cruise is a full transit of the Panama Canal, which has been bookable since February of this year.

I am the OP, and my February 2022 cruise is Hawaii and South Pacific. 

And still trying to clarify if the Volendam has a self serve laundromat on board. 

also, someone had previously confirmed that “specialty coffees“ are part of the signature beverage package, but does that include cappuccinos and lattes at the coffee bar on board?

23 hours ago, kdakda said:

We've never been on Volendam, but on several other Holland America ships, and their laundry service is phenomenal.   For $7/day (a few dollars more for cruises in Europe), you get unlimited wash and press laundry (not dry cleaning).   So for $77 for an 11 night cruise, we only needed to bring 1/2 the clothes we normally might have ---- and could have brought less than that.   You can give specific instructions that are followed, and it's rare that someone posts about a problem with the laundry.   Undies come back neatly folded, wrapped in tissue in a wicker basket.   Turn around time is usually a day and sometimes less.   I did find that I usually needed to write "please press crease in pants".

If you don't choose that laundry option, there's the pay for each piece choice (and you may find that price list if you did a search), and Stuff a Bag for $20, I believe.   You can get a lot of undies, t shirts and shorts in the bag.   We pay less to have silk shirts dry cleaned than in Ct, so we don't find their prices outrageous.   Hope you have a fantastic trip!  

The stuff a bag deal is probably our best bet then if there isn't a self-serve laundry on board.  At approx $300 CAD for daily laundry services, that's a little more than I'd want to spend. Thanks for the info, good to know there are a couple of options.

18 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

I am the OP, and my February 2022 cruise is Hawaii and South Pacific. 

And still trying to clarify if the Volendam has a self serve laundromat on board. 

also, someone had previously confirmed that “specialty coffees“ are part of the signature beverage package, but does that include cappuccinos and lattes at the coffee bar on board?

Self serve laundry/ironing facilities were removed in a previous drydock.  Only option now are - $7/$9 per day x length of cruise unlimited package (based on region sailing) covers all guests in stateroom.  By the bag flat fee offered 2/3 times per cruise (usually $20) or by the piece.  For the money the unlimited package is the way to go!  Cuts down significantly of packing/luggage and clothes are returned beautifully laundered and folded/hung.  I used it on my 2 week Alaska Cruise last summer and we sent out 1 full bag per day before dinner, which came back mid morning to early afternoon the next day.  Nothing shrunk, lost or discolored. 

Instead of paying for a 2nd bag each in baggage fees for a 2 + weeks trip we were each able to stick with one checked bag (which we get free for having an airline branded CC).  We payed $7 x 14 = $98 total for us both for the unlimited laundry.  Well worth the money.

Cappuccino/latte/espresso, etc are all included in the Signature beverage package whether ordered in the MDR, specialty dining venues or at the Explorations/Grand Dutch cafe coffee bars.  The package includes 15 alcoholic beverages per guest per day with a menu price of $11 or less per alcoholic beverage.  Non alcoholic beverages are unlimited.  One exception - bottled water is limited to smaller (350-500ml) sized bottles though remains unlimited.  

2 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

Self serve laundry/ironing facilities were removed in a previous drydock.  Only option now are - $7/$9 per day x length of cruise unlimited package (based on region sailing) covers all guests in stateroom.  By the bag flat fee offered 2/3 times per cruise (usually $20) or by the piece.  For the money the unlimited package is the way to go!  Cuts down significantly of packing/luggage and clothes are returned beautifully laundered and folded/hung.  I used it on my 2 week Alaska Cruise last summer and we sent out 1 full bag per day before dinner, which came back mid morning to early afternoon the next day.  Nothing shrunk, lost or discolored. 

Instead of paying for a 2nd bag each in baggage fees for a 2 + weeks trip we were each able to stick with one checked bag (which we get free for having an airline branded CC).  We payed $7 x 14 = $98 total for us both for the unlimited laundry.  Well worth the money.

Cappuccino/latte/espresso, etc are all included in the Signature beverage package whether ordered in the MDR, specialty dining venues or at the Explorations/Grand Dutch cafe coffee bars.  The package includes 15 alcoholic beverages per guest per day with a menu price of $11 or less per alcoholic beverage.  Non alcoholic beverages are unlimited.  One exception - bottled water is limited to smaller (350-500ml) sized bottles though remains unlimited.  

That is exactly the information I needed, thank you so much!

4 minutes ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

By the bag flat fee offered 2/3 times per cruise (usually $20) ... .

The per bag option is offered daily, except for the final day of the cruise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nunuc2000 said:

That is exactly the information I needed, thank you so much!

You're very welcome.

Additionally the Signature Dining Package is 2 nights for all occupants in the cabin and is valued at $50pp.  1 night at Pinnacle Grill and 1 night at Canaletto.  Pre-reservations are not available.  You will have a reservation card in your room on boarding day with auto assigned days/times.  You can go to either venue after boarding and select alternate days/times that work for you.  Changes to Tamarind and Sel de Mer are technically not permitted, but may be allowed if requested.  Often times there is a specialty dining desk set up by the lido pool on embarkation day as well.

18 minutes ago, RuthC said:

The per bag option is offered daily, except for the final day of the cruise. 

I could have sworn it was only offered 2-3 times on the 14 day Alaska on the Amsterdam last summer.  There were flyers left advertising the "all you can fit in a bag for $20" offer left by the cabin attendant a few times (even though we had already opted into the unlimited offer).  Perhaps it was always available but they were just trying to advise folks it was available/spur sales?  Regardless I still think the unlimited package the best laundry value in cruising, even if self serve machines available.  Now waiting/watching or wasted vacay time, and less baggage to tote to/from and you go home with 95% clean clothing!  WIN WIN WIN if you ask me!

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, IPB4IGO said:

One of the cruises we had booked that was canceled this year had "Have it all" as an optional fare. I calculated that the difference between the two fares worked out to almost exactly the prices of the drink package, gratuities, etc. Since we can't drink half as much as it would cost to buy them without the package, I selected the cheaper fare.

Something to watch for.

Agree. My liver was telling me "no mas" after a few days on the signature beverage package.  I am glad we didn't pay for it. 

5 hours ago, AtlantaCruiser72 said:

You're very welcome.

Additionally the Signature Dining Package is 2 nights for all occupants in the cabin and is valued at $50pp.  1 night at Pinnacle Grill and 1 night at Canaletto.  Pre-reservations are not available.  You will have a reservation card in your room on boarding day with auto assigned days/times.  You can go to either venue after boarding and select alternate days/times that work for you.  Changes to Tamarind and Sel de Mer are technically not permitted, but may be allowed if requested.  Often times there is a specialty dining desk set up by the lido pool on embarkation day as well.

My signature dining package says it is only for guests 1, 2. not including my adult daughter who is sharing our room.

it is that same way for the beverage package and hotel svc charges.

30 minutes ago, cate54 said:

My signature dining package says it is only for guests 1, 2. not including my adult daughter who is sharing our room.

it is that same way for the beverage package and hotel svc charges.

Hmmmmmmm.......

It could be poor wording on the invoice perhaps?  I just did a dummy booking for the Nieuw Statendam on a sailing in February for a triple cabin and it shows the promo applied in POLAR (agent booking system) for all three guests, and the booking invoice also displays it.  You may want to double check with your travel advisor or HAL (whomever you booked with) as the Have it all (HIA on invoices) is supposed to apply to all guests in the room.  The only exclusion is the bonus internet for suites which is (1) 1 device package for the each of the first two guests on the booking (2 packages per cabin max).  Everything else (drinks, grats and dining) should be for all guests in cabin.

image.png.66887cbe11b2c1f8bf4ff4aef673600a.png

image.thumb.png.199fced06c414219e6f304d8d093f205.png

Edited by AtlantaCruiser72