Cruise line execs call for return to service in United States

jimbo5544

2 hours ago, Bgwest said:

I would respond to you by asking what gives you the intellectual authority to make such a brash and unproven statement.

That was EXACTLY the reason for using the ice cream/sunburn metaphor . . . to show, in a very obvious way, how CAUSE and CORRELATION are so easily confused. It happens every day (especially in politics).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I think the point is that one does not always plan sneezes or coughs.  One unfortunate and unplanned sneeze might be all that is needed.

I think that if you're showing symptons, you will know that you will be sneezing and coughing. Unexpected sneezes would not be loaded with virus microns, much less corona microns. There is a whole lot of reasons for coughing and sneezing than just the corona virus. LOL! You guys act like every cough is a corona cough.

BTW, if the cruise lines don't PUSH BACK against the CDC, then the CDC will never find time to deal with the Cruise Industry. I think that this falls into the 'squeaky wheel' syndrome.  

• Like 8

3 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I wish people would use even a hint of logic in any of their thinking.

I swear it is now to the point where if you are a careful logical thinker, then you are an outcast,

2 hours ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

I think the point is that one does not always plan sneezes or coughs.  One unfortunate and unplanned sneeze might be all that is needed.

Which is why it is suggested you use your elbow if necessary. But having a covering in your hand or pocket is close enough for quick use.

2 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Normal conversation, normal breathing, laughing -- all can be vectors as well. Thusly, we should ban comedy clubs onboard!  😉

Tom

Again there is a time of exposure element so just walking past someone will not be dangerous. But, yeah, comedy clubs and other performances would need masks or distancing.

1 hour ago, 2wheelin said:

... But, yeah, comedy clubs and other performances would need masks or distancing.

I already sit in the back during comedy shows so I (hopefully) won't get singled out. Distancing will just make it riskier (in that regard)!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Radiioman46 said:

I think that if you're showing symptons, you will know that you will be sneezing and coughing. Unexpected sneezes would not be loaded with virus microns, much less corona microns. There is a whole lot of reasons for coughing and sneezing than just the corona virus. LOL! You guys act like every cough is a corona cough.

BTW, if the cruise lines don't PUSH BACK against the CDC, then the CDC will never find time to deal with the Cruise Industry. I think that this falls into the 'squeaky wheel' syndrome.  

Asymptomatic people spread the virus, too, and that "innocent sneeze" could infect a large number of people and suddenly you have a localized shipboard "pandemic".

Of course every cough is not spreading C19, but it could, and better to be proactive than dead.

• Like 4

On 9/14/2020 at 3:53 PM, BlerkOne said:

Asymptomatic people spread the virus, too, 

There have been studies that show that only in an extreme rare case would that happen. Too rare to be concerned about. IMO.

The problem is that some ppl are trying to make this a bigger scare than what it deserves. IMO.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

If only we could get a large majority of people to wear masks, we would see things start to go the right direction.

I think for the most part, ppl are wearing masks, even though most feel it is non-sensical.

We are not going to start cruising until the fear go away. 

Edited by Radiioman46