What can happen???

lovescats5

Here is a new situation for us.  Our Ovation Alaska Sept. cruise was cancelled.  We chose FCC to pay for Odyssey, which was cancelled so we booked Allure in Feb.  Received the FCC's and paid off Allure.  Then we received money from RCI as a refund for Ovation and were told that since we had paid for Allure with FCC and it was the fault of RCI we could keep Allure and lost the left over FCC.  So Allure was paid for with FCC that were given to us by mistake because a refund was being issued.  When we book Allure we booked the Star Loft because that was what was left.  Now an A1 is available for less than we paid.  Now, if we change rooms will we loose the FCC, which was issued in error and lose the free booking or will they just let us change rooms and we are good?  Second part is....if Allure is cancelled will we get the FCC back, remember they were issued by mistake or will they say we were paid for the Ovation cancelled cruise and not reissue the FCC.  I know, we should be happy with what we have but knowing it might be hard to get off in any of the ports an A1 is much better to spend time in than a Star Loft.  Anyone else have this happen?

Good Grief Charlie Brown.   I don't think a Royal Caribbean CSR could answer that question.  Did you book with a TA? If so you may want to pass that headache along to them. Personally I would leave well enough alone. Feb 2021 may not sail. Let the chips fall where they may if it gets canceled. 

• Like 1

That’s one convoluted story. If the gist of your post is that you received a credit that you were not supposed to get, I wouldn’t poke the bear further. Leave things the way they are. The more you change things, the more complicated things will be, and the likelier that someone will catch the error in your favor. 

1 hour ago, molly361 said:

If you are saying that you got a full refund AND a FCC for the same sailing i certainly would NOT try to change anything

We got a replacement cruise and an FCC on the Oasis Noro cruise. On top of a free 6 night cruise to boot.  Plus all 14 points😉

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

We got a replacement cruise and an FCC on the Oasis Noro cruise. On top of a free 6 night cruise to boot.  Plus all 14 points😉

wait a minute.   We got a full refund and points.   Are you saying you got more than that? 

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I had the longest wait ever getting a cab to our condo

We had our car.  The porter took us through customs right to our car in the garage.  I had been thinking we prepaid for 7 days parking but we were only there for 6.  No one to ask when we pulled out but when the cc statement came we were only charged for 6 days!  Figured we did OK. 6 nt cruise for free!   Now if we can only start cruising again.  Never thought 5 months after returning from Australia that we would still be sitting here.

If you are saying that you got a full refund AND a FCC for the same sailing i certainly would NOT try to change anything
I agree in not changing anything. You get a free cruise in a star class cabin...what is there not to like?

Sent from my SM-T377P using Tapatalk