Cancellations

azgrandmax3

Carnival is still not giving up hope of cruising in November.  I would assume the other brands are waiting to see how things go and if cruising can somehow open up on a very limited basis in the US.  If that does occur, it would likely be short cruises to the Bahamas.  All the brands that specialize in a bit longer cruises would then see how things go and adjust their itineraries as needed to conform to requirements.  So I would guess we wont hear much until the CDC makes an announcement on their next move, and then if their is an opening, how Carnival responds.

Don

I am not so much interested in cancellations.  The cruise lines will do what they have to get their ships up and going.  My main concern is if the ports are going to be open for passengers or are we going to have to use only cruise line excursions.  Also, what will social distancing mean. 

@ED49404

My main concern is if the ports are going to be open for passengers or are we going to have to use only cruise line excursions.  Also, what will social distancing mean. 

I don't think that you will find answers to your questions till the cruise lines actually decide to start cruising.

7 minutes ago, casofilia said:

@ED49404

My main concern is if the ports are going to be open for passengers or are we going to have to use only cruise line excursions.  Also, what will social distancing mean. 

I don't think that you will find answers to your questions till the cruise lines actually decide to start cruising.

That is why we have not cancelled the cruise.  We will wait until final payment is due.  Thinking of transferring it to 2022, hope we can get it at the same price.

3 hours ago, ED49404 said:

That is why we have not cancelled the cruise.  We will wait until final payment is due.  Thinking of transferring it to 2022, hope we can get it at the same price.

Whatever the fare and promo  is for your selected 2022 cruise that is what will be charged. It may be higher, may be lower, no one knows. We have two cruises booked for 2022. The fares for our balcony cabin are just about the same as we have paid in the past.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, skynight said:

Whatever the fare and promo  is for your selected 2022 cruise that is what will be charged. It may be higher, may be lower, no one knows. We have two cruises booked for 2022. The fares for our balcony cabin are just about the same as we have paid in the past.

It looks like it's going to be a wash.  We purchased the cruise on the Sip & Sale with $100 refundable deposit.  The cruise price looks like it's about the same,  we will get free wifi but we are platinum members, and instead of $100 OBC will get the Premium Beverage Package.  It's almost becoming a no brainer.  

To all my Cruise Critic friends,

I just seen this today. I’m sorry if it’s old news. I just hope it will help you to know if it’s new. This is from Carnival (Not) Princess. 

Tony

CANCELED CRUISES

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings: 

• San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • Carnival Splendor sailings through and including January 7, 2021
  • Carnival Spirit sailings through and including May 16, 2021
  • Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
  • Mardi Gras sailings November 14, 2020 through and including January 30, 2021
  • Carnival Breeze from Ft. Lauderdale sailings November 7, 2020 through and including March 7, 2021
  • Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration sailings through and including April 19, 2021
  • Carnival Fascination sailings through and including January 9, 2022
  • Carnival Sensation sailings March 3, 2022 and March 7, 2022
  • Carnival Sunrise

• Sailings through and including October 19, 2020
  • Miami 7 and 8 day sailings from October 9, 2021 through and including April 30, 2022, excluding the March 5, 2022 sailing
  • Miami 5 day sailing January 3, 2022
  •  
  • Carnival Radiance:
  • Sailings through and including November 1, 2020
  • 9, 12 and 14 day sailings from May 2, 2021 through and including April 29, 2022
  • 5 day sailings December 23, 2021 and December 28, 2021
  •  
  • Carnival Paradise sailings through and including February 22, 2021
  • Carnival Magic
  •  
  • Ft. Lauderdale and Miami sailings through and including March 6, 2021
  • Transatlantic & Barcelona sailings April 10, 2021 through and including May 3, 2021

• Carnival Valor sailings through and including April 24, 2021
  • All Other Ships sailings through and including October 31, 2020

We truly value our guests and appreciate your patience and understanding. To that end, we want to provide flexibility as you think about your future plans. Below are two options for Guests whose cruise has been canceled to consider, including a bonus value offer. We look forward to welcoming you on board, when the time is right for you.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

To all my Cruise Critic friends,

I just seen this today. I’m sorry if it’s old news. I just hope it will help you to know if it’s new. This is from Carnival (Not) Princess. 

Tony

CANCELED CRUISES

As the COVID-19 situation continues to evolve, we regret to inform our guests that Carnival Cruise Line is having to cancel the following sailings: 

• San Francisco sailings through 2020
  • Carnival Splendor sailings through and including January 7, 2021
  • Carnival Spirit sailings through and including May 16, 2021
  • Carnival Legend sailings through and including October 30, 2020
  • Mardi Gras sailings November 14, 2020 through and including January 30, 2021
  • Carnival Breeze from Ft. Lauderdale sailings November 7, 2020 through and including March 7, 2021
  • Carnival Imagination and Carnival Inspiration sailings through and including April 19, 2021
  • Carnival Fascination sailings through and including January 9, 2022
  • Carnival Sensation sailings March 3, 2022 and March 7, 2022
  • Carnival Sunrise

• Sailings through and including October 19, 2020
  • Miami 7 and 8 day sailings from October 9, 2021 through and including April 30, 2022, excluding the March 5, 2022 sailing
  • Miami 5 day sailing January 3, 2022
  • Carnival Radiance:
  • Sailings through and including November 1, 2020
  • 9, 12 and 14 day sailings from May 2, 2021 through and including April 29, 2022
  • 5 day sailings December 23, 2021 and December 28, 2021
  • Carnival Paradise sailings through and including February 22, 2021
  • Carnival Magic
  • Ft. Lauderdale and Miami sailings through and including March 6, 2021
  • Transatlantic & Barcelona sailings April 10, 2021 through and including May 3, 2021
  • Carnival Valor sailings through and including April 24, 2021
  • All Other Ships sailings through and including October 31, 2020

We truly value our guests and appreciate your patience and understanding. To that end, we want to provide flexibility as you think about your future plans. Below are two options for Guests whose cruise has been canceled to consider, including a bonus value offer. We look forward to welcoming you on board, when the time is right for you.

Ive been watching the fleet but did not realize how deep the cuts were going despite Fantasy, Inspiration, Fascination, &  Imagination scrapped. I'm thinking pre-2000 ships will be gone. @bubbapuck said non-medallion Princess ships might go too

Edited by Ombud