Nobody knows !!!!

bazzaw

Well I'm not spending a cent on anything other than necessities.  But I will be buying toys for the grandies when ... and if ... I can ever see them again.  They live more than 5 Klm away.

Oh, saving quite a bit on petrol too.  Goin' nowhere, doin' nuthin' until our 5Klm restriction is lifted.  And when it is, DH and I are getting on the peninsular link and heading down to Mornington for a coffee and a walk along the beach! 

No stupid expectations of travel happening in my house.  I have a feeling I'll still be locked down this time next year.

In the meantime I'll watch Rome burn while "Nero" fiddles.

• Like 3

We've spent travel money on repointing and painting our house roof and on a new decked front porch and ramp instead of steps.

Also had our carport roof replaced due to storm damage, but that was covered by insurance.

We managed to see our daughter and grandsons on Friday who live more than five km away but our two 5km radius overlap so found a small park to sit in and chat while the boys ran around. It was the first time for a few months.

Leigh

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, possum52 said:

We managed to see our daughter and grandsons on Friday who live more than five km away but our two 5km radius overlap so found a small park to sit in and chat while the boys ran around. It was the first time for a few months.

Leigh

That would have been lovely for you all. 

Melbourne is doing brillliantly at the moment. I hope there isn't any increase in cases after this weekend with all those silly people at St Kilda beach on Friday evening.

• Like 1

Just now, OzKiwiJJ said:

That would have been lovely for you all. 

Melbourne is doing brillliantly at the moment. I hope there isn't any increase in cases after this weekend with all those silly people at St Kilda beach on Friday evening.

Thanks Julie, it was lovely to see our daughter and grandsons. We see our son and granddaughters regularly as they come past on their walks at weekends and stop and we talk over the fence.

Yes Melbourne is doing well. It is a little difficult to not worry about the mainly young people unmasked at the beaches at the weekend. Hopefuly none have Covid 19.

Leigh

10 hours ago, possum52 said:

We've spent travel money on repointing and painting our house roof and on a new decked front porch and ramp instead of steps.

Also had our carport roof replaced due to storm damage, but that was covered by insurance.

Leigh

Sounds like money well spent.  

So happy for you that you were able to visit your daughter and grandsons after so long.  Nice that the boys could run around in a park.  We always stopped in parks, for our girls to run around, on our long distance travels.  I'll never forget our shock when we got out of our car at a park, in brilliant sunshine in US winter, to discover it was freezing!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, possum52 said:

Leigh

That worked out well. Very creative. 😄

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Sounds like money well spent.  

So happy for you that you were able to visit your daughter and grandsons after so long.  Nice that the boys could run around in a park.  We always stopped in parks, for our girls to run around, on our long distance travels.  I'll never forget our shock when we got out of our car at a park, in brilliant sunshine in US winter, to discover it was freezing!

It was great to see them. I felt like crying when we said goodbye. Hopefully we will see them again soon, but my daughter is back at work (teacher) this week and grandsons are back at school next week, so it means weekends for get togethers which means parks will be a lot busier. Kids do love to run around in parks.

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

That worked out well. Very creative. 😄

Thank you, we thought it was! 😀

Leigh

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 2:54 PM, MicCanberra said:

Home improvements

On 10/5/2020 at 2:58 PM, Kiwi Kruzer said:

That section of the economy is booming.....try and get a parking space in Bunnings on a Sat morn .😯

Yes a lot of 'holiday' money being sent on this for sure. Our local Bunnings was busy mid-afternoon on Thursday.

On my walk earlier today, just in half of one street there was a house getting bathroom renovations, a new garden being put in another , and a whole yard being renovated in yet another. In past few months a neighbour had a 2nd floor added, & another had garden renovations.

Next month we are having the whole house painted inside, new flooring throughout & 2 built-in wardrobes installed. Just arranging ahead of that now, further electrical work to suit the reno.

Just will then need an outdoor bar, and home will likely be our cruising for a while.

We would have left Sydney yesterday on Serenade & be enroute to Sth Pacific right now ☹️

• Like 1

On 10/5/2020 at 8:37 PM, possum52 said:

Leigh

Wonderful for you to be able to see the family. Hopefully it won't be too long before you can visit at each other's homes.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Aussieflyer said:

Wonderful for you to be able to see the family. Hopefully it won't be too long before you can visit at each other's homes.

Thank you, we hope so. Our nearly 13 year old grandson was terribly disappointed that they weren't coming to our house and that it was a park we were meeting at. 😀

Leigh

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, possum52 said:

Thank you, we hope so. Our nearly 13 year old grandson was terribly disappointed that they weren't coming to our house and that it was a park we were meeting at. 😀

Leigh

He obviously misses coming visit you at your house.  What a celebration your family is going to have when this is all over.  I would think not too long now.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

He obviously misses coming visit you at your house.  What a celebration your family is going to have when this is all over.  I would think not too long now.  

He likes raiding the pantry the most! But he is a very loving boy. I have missed going to football this past season with him. Hopefully not too long to wait now.

Leigh

43 minutes ago, possum52 said:

He likes raiding the pantry the most! But he is a very loving boy. I have missed going to football this past season with him. Hopefully not too long to wait now.

Leigh

LOL What grandchild doesn't like raiding Grandma's pantry and fridge!  What a nice compliment from his Grandma "a very loving boy"!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDown Under said:

LOL What grandchild doesn't like raiding Grandma's pantry and fridge!  What a nice compliment from his Grandma "a very loving boy"!

It reminds me as a child... going to Grandma's and she would always a packet of these in the fridge

036215.jpg.7ae36c5f64093147871efe9ad88f53c0.jpg

And if you were good  you could have Two......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, possum52 said:

He likes raiding the pantry the most! 

Leigh

2 hours ago, getting older slowly said:

It reminds me as a child... going to Grandma's and she would always a packet of these in the fridge

036215.jpg.7ae36c5f64093147871efe9ad88f53c0.jpg

And if you were good  you could have Two......

You both made me laugh about what happens here. Our eldest son will be 35 next month & has lived in his own house for 10+ years. He visits often. I was doing the shopping list recently & Tracey says 'mint slices'. I said we don't eat them, and she says they're for our son 😮 Sure enough on his next visit, after the greetings etc out he comes from the kitchen munching on mint slices! So, children & grandchildren must always be catered for it seems 😁

Note: he and his brother are both well trained & often bring some beer for their Dad! And always know to head to the bar when we go to footy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Uh-oh. Biscuit thread coming soon?

Somewhat  sorry.... but with Pies and photo of food, what's for dinner.... and now Biscuits.......

How about a thread   instead of Biscuits...... called....... After Dinner,

which could cover wine, spirits, cheese and crackers, and chocolate, snacks and chocolate and more...

like great lines after being asleep on couch..... 

Right no more biscuits..... Cheers Don

23 minutes ago, getting older slowly said:

Somewhat  sorry.... but with Pies and photo of food, what's for dinner.... and now Biscuits.......

How about a thread   instead of Biscuits...... called....... After Dinner,

which could cover wine, spirits, cheese and crackers, and chocolate, snacks and chocolate and more...

like great lines after being asleep on couch..... 

Right no more biscuits..... Cheers Don

You forgot the midnight buffet.

Edited by Docker123

LOL this has made me laugh.  When daughter was going to school (back in the last century) she would come home, go straight to the fridge/freezer then on to the pantry and then decide what to eat.  I had a friend staying with us at one point (she lived in the country and stayed with us while having cancer treatment here in the city) and she would watch daughter then look at me and wink ... "she does this every time!" 

Her daughter (our granddaughter) whenever she comes to visit always heads to the fridge, the freezer and then the pantry.  LOL Talk about a chip off the old block!

Now, if we're talking snacks ... choccy or nuts for me.  Lollies for DH.