So I just booked a cruise for 2021...

38 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

My first trip overseas was in 1969.  We entered Britain through British queue at airport. 

Didn't that change when Britain joined the EU?

Before 1967 the Australian passports had "British Passport" on the front, but they were Australian in the sense that they were issued by Australia.

29 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

30 minutes ago, SinbadThePorter said:

Before 1967 the Australian passports had "British Passport" on the front, but they were Australian in the sense that they were issued by Australia.

I can't remember when.  I'll have a look at all my old passports.  Yes I still have them all.  I know there were a lot of other people from former colonies, with British passports.  Maybe there were too many. 

I have booked a 6 day cruise on Ovation of the Seas, departing Sydney February 2022.  Sails to Hobart and on return to Sydney stops in at Eden.   I feel comfortable booking an Australian cruise as I would like to be close to home should anything go haywire.....

Regarding passports...

There was a news report a couple of months back that the passport office was down something like $100 million in revenue. So few people were renewing or getting their passports, income was taking a huge hit.

Found it: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/23/australian-passport-applications-plummet-amid-covid-travel-restrictions

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Regarding passports...

There was a news report a couple of months back that the passport office was down something like $100 million in revenue. So few people were renewing or getting their passports, income was taking a huge hit.

Found it: https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/sep/23/australian-passport-applications-plummet-amid-covid-travel-restrictions

I didn't renew for the first time, so I'm not surprised.  I never cease to be surprised when governments count income which they haven't received in their forward planning.  

On 11/2/2020 at 12:32 PM, getting older slowly said:

would have waited but got all these FCC and FCD,  which expire jen 2022, so have Nov 2021 cruise book using these..    So wait and see     Cheer Don

Hi Don

Did you get the email last Friday from Princess for past guests with the offering of free upgrade from Standard to Princess Plus (drinks package etc )  with balcony or mini suite bookings?  The 5th November Melb cruise is one of the selected ones (although email says it is on Coral but not so when you log in to your account it's the Sapphire).

Pricing is the same as before and if you don't log in the "special deal" is not there.  You said you were booked on the 5th Nov so a great saving for some happy hours.

Been following this cruise.  It is on my maybe list but I plan to do it solo and the deal doesn't apply to solos.  

On 11/7/2020 at 7:49 PM, Aus ATC said:

Final payment due on Monday for our Radiance OTS cruise out of Brisbane mid-January.  Only have to pay for the taxes and port fees etc (used an FCC for the bulk), so will probably go ahead.  Hope springs eternal.....

Just an update.  Went to make final payment - couldn't do so on line.  Rang the call centre and Royal are not chasing final payments yet for January cruises - they are still undecided if it will go ahead or not.  Apparently we will be advised soon as to status - my guess is that it will be cancelled, based on the fact they didn't want my money.

To get this thread back on topic, we've booked Serenade from Honolulu to Sydney on 7 October 2021. Will we be able to leave the country and arrive in Hawaii? Maybe yes, maybe no. So in for a penny.....We also booked a b2b on Serenade ex Sydney 25 October, as has the o.p. Big if, if we are actually cruising again, we want a decent length cruise. Used 2 f.c.c's for the deposits, had to fork over a few extra dollars for the t.p, but happy to come out from under the doona. Given a third f.c.c was hanging around, we booked Quantum out of Brisbane Feb 22. There will be an Australian 21/22 season, or not. We are opting for the positive.