Cruises over 7 days

auburn77

If Carnival says it is cancelling all cruises over 7 days from American ports until next November, why haven't they notified me that my 15 day April Hawaii cruise out of San Diego is canceled?

I am going on the premise that it will definitely be canceled, but it continues showing my countdown to my my cruise and payment due date.

49 minutes ago, auburn77 said:

If Carnival says it is cancelling all cruises over 7 days from American ports until next November, why haven't they notified me that my 15 day April Hawaii cruise out of San Diego is canceled?

I am going on the premise that it will definitely be canceled, but it continues showing my countdown to my my cruise and payment due date.

Where did Carnival say that?

51 minutes ago, auburn77 said:

Carnival has not said this. So that's why you havent been notified.

Cdc said they cannot give carnival a provisional sail ok and to get it carnival cannot sell any cruises over 8 days, so they are pulled from the site. Maybe by the time yours sails they can but not right now, so the sales for your sailing are frozen. No more can be sold right now.

5 hours ago, Buckimion said:

I recently swapped out my Sept 2021 Hawaii cruise for a June 2022 Alaska one. My PVP tried to assure me that Carnival was still hoping to resume such cruises by mid-spring, but I'm not that optimistic.

I'm worried about my april 2021 cruise. I dont blame you for moving it out to 2022. If my 2022 wasnt so full I'd move my april 2021 too. One only has to turn on the news to know it will be a while before we have covid under control. 

• Like 1

Following this with interest. The possibility that cruises longer than 7 days could be cancelled this spring affects us, too.  This is going to sound weird, but it would actually be in my best interest if Carnival does cancel our 8-day cruise in May, 2021 since I'm going to have to cancel and reschedule it anyway.  My daughter was just accepted into a training program for the spring that ends on what would have been the last day of our cruise!.   The rest of us would go without her but this cruise was her graduation from college present.   

I have been waiting to hear about my upcoming Alaska cruise in May 2021.  Still haven't done anything about my cancelled cruise for January.  Where should I put the FCC and OBC?  Should I put it in the Alaska  cruise or, should I put it towards the Australian cruise I have booked for Jan 2022.  

First world problems, right?