Radiance after balconies.

bbiggar

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/28/2020 at 4:56 PM, DrivesLikeMario said:

We've had 1600 Cat. GS a few times and 1100 Cat. JS too and have not experienced much soot.  I think we got it one time but that was it.

Going off topic...(sorry). Just booked 1600 on the Radiance; assume it will be very similar to 1600 on the jewel?  

on topic - we had just a few mornings with slight soot on the jewel. Bigger problem with smokers on the balcony below us. 

thanks!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DandDM said:

Going off topic...(sorry). Just booked 1600 on the Radiance; assume it will be very similar to 1600 on the jewel?  

on topic - we had just a few mornings with slight soot on the jewel. Bigger problem with smokers on the balcony below us. 

thanks!

Yes, they are the same class ships, they should have the same balcony. 

Is smoking allowed on balconies? 

12 hours ago, DandDM said:

thanks!

Yes...it will be identical. 

2 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Yes, they are the same class ships, they should have the same balcony. 

Is smoking allowed on balconies? 

A resounding...NO!!  Fire danger big time.  Google the fire on Grandeur aft area.  😮 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, island lady said:

A resounding...NO!!  Fire danger big time.  Google the fire on Grandeur aft area.  😮 

Geez! People just can't follow the rules! If it were me, I'd be the jerk calling the front desk and reporting them...all the time 😬 I can't stand cigarette smoke, it triggers my asthma.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

Geez! People just can't follow the rules! If it were me, I'd be the jerk calling the front desk and reporting them...all the time 😬 I can't stand cigarette smoke, it triggers my asthma.

You and me both!!  I hate not being able to use my paid for balcony, because some clown next door figures the rules don't apply to them.  😡

I have Asthma also, plus can't stand that smell.  I don't have any problem with keeping my Asthma under control, as long as I can stay away from the triggers.  Cigarette smoke is the worst offender.  🤢

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, island lady said:

You and me both!!  I hate not being able to use my paid for balcony, because some clown next door figures the rules don't apply to them.  😡

I have Asthma also, plus can't stand that smell.  I don't have any problem with keeping my Asthma under control, as long as I can stay away from the triggers.  Cigarette smoke is the worst offender.  🤢

Same here! Smoke is my number one trigger and cold air is number two. But mostly it's under control.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, erinsmom03 said:

I have!  You aren't a jerk for calling. The jerk is the one smoking on their balcony. BTW, I don't have asthma.😉

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, island lady said:

Daughter has smoke triggered Asthma attacks. Will/Have called on offenders. Couple yrs ago had call twice on Cabin next door. Was only time had a connecting room, they'd smoke with Balcony door open, smoke would blow under connecting door into mine. Second time called could hear conversation with Cruisers/Royal Rep, were told the Fine was being added to their Bill....

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ONECRUISER said:

Daughter has smoke triggered Asthma attacks. Will/Have called on offenders. Couple yrs ago had call twice on Cabin next door. Was only time had a connecting room, they'd smoke with Balcony door open, smoke would blow under connecting door into mine. Second time called could hear conversation with Cruisers/Royal Rep, were told the Fine was being added to their Bill....

This is good to know that they take the complaints seriously. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, davekathy said:

I have!  You aren't a jerk for calling. The jerk is the one smoking on their balcony. BTW, I don't have asthma.😉

The call doesn't always produce a result for us...but does help.  No reason those jerks should get away with it, when they know it is not allowed.  

I have placed a "nicely stated" note on one offenders door one time.  It worked for awhile, then he just smoked inside the cabin with the door open...so no one would see him.  😡  We could also hear him coughing violently when he had the door open, sounded like he was coughing up a lung!!!  🤪

Edited by island lady

7 minutes ago, island lady said:

The call doesn't always produce a result for us...but does help.  No reason those jerks should get away with it, when they know it is not allowed.  

I have placed a "nicely stated" note on one offenders door one time.  It worked for awhile, then he just smoked inside the cabin with the door open...so no one would see him.  😡  We could also hear him coughing violently when he had the door open, sounded like he was coughing up a lung!!!  🤪

We've been lucky as only one of our cruises we had balcony smokers next to us that I had to rat out for smoking on their balcony. Luckily it did get resolved after the initial call. Those in aft balconies can't do anything about the occasional soot issues from the ship. That counts for staying on topic, right? 😉

• Like 2

1 hour ago, davekathy said:

We've been lucky as only one of our cruises we had balcony smokers next to us that I had to rat out for smoking on their balcony. Luckily it did get resolved after the initial call. Those in aft balconies can't do anything about the occasional soot issues from the ship. That counts for staying on topic, right? 😉

Yes...it does stay on topic. 😉  One thing I have learned about the soot back there, but don't get it all the time....is be sure to check the chair before you sit...or you get sooty butt!  😜

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, island lady said:

Yes...it does stay on topic. 😉  One thing I have learned about the soot back there, but don't get it all the time....is be sure to check the chair before you sit...or you get sooty butt!  😜

Now I get why others have been staring at my butt. And all this time I thought...😊

9 hours ago, erinsmom03 said:

Had a moron smoking a cigar out on his balcony once.  A big chunk of ash flew off and landed on my  husband's chest (he was laying out on the balcony) and gave him a second-degree burn!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

Had a moron smoking a cigar out on his balcony once.  A big chunk of ash flew off and landed on my  husband's chest (he was laying out on the balcony) and gave him a second-degree burn!

That is terrible! Hope the moron got in trouble!

12 hours ago, DrivesLikeMario said:

That's terrible...what a jerk that guy was!  Hope you did something about the selfish idiot.  

• Like 1