Will P&O now delay announcements for future cruise pauses?

sidekick180

1 minute ago, joeecco said:

On a side note, the cruise personaliser page is not allowing you to log in to any cruises including late next year. My guess is they’ve shut this down temporarily ready to make an announcement about the next cancellations today at 10am.

May be correct, however the cruise personaliser often goes down for a range of reasons ... on previous occasions you could still book excursions for cancelled cruises, so maybe they are learning 🤔

2 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

A clue is to watch if any cruises get taken off sale at 9.45am ish ... 

I’ve just tried doing a dummy booking for all our cruises and you can’t book any of them. 

it just goes back to the ‘see prices’ page. Seems they’ve disabled all bookings ready to remove some sailings. I hope so anyway, I want to hear the update! 

The search facility gets turned off soon ... although previously, including when ships were sold, you could always book a cruise on an unaffected itinerary.

Reckon that it will be a whole fleet no go until mid June, with more extensive cancellations on Aurora and Arcadia only; just a guess.  Same old 125% FCC and keep your eyes peeled for our new brochure launch and announcement about the new ship ...

3 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Far too many people seem to have time far too much time on their hands worrying about P&O next cancellations.  It will happen when it happens, but since no cruising is in the offing for several months as yet, it seems a bit pointless to speculate.

How dare you. This is our wedding we’re talking about. 
If it bothers you that much, skip past. 

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, joeecco said:

How dare you. This is our wedding we’re talking about. 
If it bothers you that much, skip past. 

I totally agree the comment you mentioned was totally unneccessary.  It is quite reasonable to anticipate what may happen when it is so near and comment on happenings which may be pointers.

I was thinking of you from when I first saw your other posts just now and was feeling for you, I hope all turns out well in the end for you, no matter what this outcome is.

Edited by tring
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, No pager thank you said:

The search facility gets turned off soon ... although previously, including when ships were sold, you could always book a cruise on an unaffected itinerary.

Reckon that it will be a whole fleet no go until mid June, with more extensive cancellations on Aurora and Arcadia only; just a guess.  Same old 125% FCC and keep your eyes peeled for our new brochure launch and announcement about the new ship ...

Since our cruise goes on the 26th June I am hoping the delay goes for the whole of June, which it may as I think Norway have said no go until July.  We were wanting our cruise to go ahead, even if there is more scenic cruising rather than all ports, but as things are now looking very doubtful for June (even if the next hurdle is passed) we just want it cancelled so we know where we stand, or not.

Edited by tring
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, reef112 said:

Well they've posted on Facebook...... About it being pancake day!

Grrrrrr

I was about to ask how any announcement is normally first heard.  Would it be on the P&O website or their official page mentioned here for instance?  I have not been that interested for other announcements.

Edited by tring

41 minutes ago, terrierjohn said:

Far too many people seem to have time far too much time on their hands worrying about P&O next cancellations.  It will happen when it happens, but since no cruising is in the offing for several months as yet, it seems a bit pointless to speculate.

Ooh, that's a bit uncaring John. Many of us have cruises booked well before this virus reared it's ugly head, are we're anxious to find out what's happening to them.

Avril

• Like 9

On 2/8/2021 at 2:06 PM, molecrochip said:

And you always get the bad press out the way before the good talking stories.

Can I please ask if you know if there may possibly be an announcement today, or is it more likely to be next week now - or even later?

As the pandemic is having a lot of twists and turns, I would not be surprised if they decide to put everything on hold for a while, but hope not.

1 hour ago, No pager thank you said:

Reckon that it will be a whole fleet no go until mid June, with more extensive cancellations on Aurora and Arcadia only; just a guess.  

I hope you are completely well off the mark with that guess. We are waiting anxiously to see what will happen to our end of June cruise on Arcadia.

Avril

5 minutes ago, tring said:

Can I please ask if you know if there may possibly be an announcement today, or is it more likely to be next week now - or even later?

As the pandemic is having a lot of twists and turns, I would not be surprised if they decide to put everything on hold for a while, but hope not.

I wonder if they are waiting for Boris's announcement next Monday.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4

I just noticed this on announcements on the Carnival site, nothing about P&O

Tue 16 Feb 2021 10:10

Carnival PLC - AIDA Cruises opens 2021 cruise season

PR Newswire

London, February 15

AIDA Cruises opens 2021 cruise season on March 20

ROSTOCK, Germany, Feb. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- AIDA Cruises today announced it will open its 2021 cruise season starting March 20 with AIDAperla sailing around the Canary Islands, the group of Spanish islands off the northwest coast of Africa, a favorite "fly and cruise" vacation for German travelers looking to enjoy the region's "eternal spring" weather and unique destinations.

The German federal government has extended the lockdown to contain the pandemic until March 2021. Many of AIDA's cruise destinations have also implemented measures that significantly restrict international holiday travel through early spring.

As a result, AIDA is also announcing that all trips originally planned from March 6 up to and including March 19, 2021, are unable to take place. AIDA Cruises appreciates all guests affected for their understanding.

With the "AIDA promise," the cruise company offers guests more flexibility and security in planning. Generous booking options are part of AIDA's commitment to its guests, ranging from small down payments to free rebooking. The "AIDA promise" is included in the travel price for new bookings up to March 31, 2021, and applies to departures up to Oct. 31, 2021.

All cruises are carried out in compliance with AIDA's extensive health and safety protocols, as well as national and local laws and regulations for infection protection. More information is available at www.aida.de/sichererurlaub.

All guests whose voyage cannot take place as originally scheduled will be informed immediately. To make it easy for guests to enjoy their long-awaited AIDA holidays at a later date, the company offers rebooking options from its diverse range of cruises.

All trips from the AIDA cruise program can be booked through summer 2022 with a local travel professional, online at www.aida.de or through the AIDA customer center.

SOURCE  AIDA Cruises

2 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

I just noticed this on announcements on the Carnival site, nothing about P&O

Tue 16 Feb 2021 10:10

Carnival PLC - AIDA Cruises opens 2021 cruise season

PR Newswire

London, February 15

AIDA Cruises opens 2021 cruise season on March 20

ROSTOCK, Germany, Feb. 16, 2021 /PRNewswire/ -- AIDA Cruises today announced it will open its 2021 cruise season starting March 20 with AIDAperla sailing around the Canary Islands, the group of Spanish islands off the northwest coast of Africa, a favorite "fly and cruise" vacation for German travelers looking to enjoy the region's "eternal spring" weather and unique destinations.

The German federal government has extended the lockdown to contain the pandemic until March 2021. Many of AIDA's cruise destinations have also implemented measures that significantly restrict international holiday travel through early spring.

As a result, AIDA is also announcing that all trips originally planned from March 6 up to and including March 19, 2021, are unable to take place. AIDA Cruises appreciates all guests affected for their understanding.

With the "AIDA promise," the cruise company offers guests more flexibility and security in planning. Generous booking options are part of AIDA's commitment to its guests, ranging from small down payments to free rebooking. The "AIDA promise" is included in the travel price for new bookings up to March 31, 2021, and applies to departures up to Oct. 31, 2021.

All cruises are carried out in compliance with AIDA's extensive health and safety protocols, as well as national and local laws and regulations for infection protection. More information is available at www.aida.de/sichererurlaub.

All guests whose voyage cannot take place as originally scheduled will be informed immediately. To make it easy for guests to enjoy their long-awaited AIDA holidays at a later date, the company offers rebooking options from its diverse range of cruises.

All trips from the AIDA cruise program can be booked through summer 2022 with a local travel professional, online at www.aida.de or through the AIDA customer center.

SOURCE  AIDA Cruises

Does that definitely mean no announcement from them today and are announcements always Tuesday as they have been recently? 

4 minutes ago, tring said:

Does that definitely mean no announcement from them today and are announcements always Tuesday as they have been recently? 

I have just checked Moley's profile - he has not posted anywhere since the 8th February, I hope he is OK.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, tring said:

I wouldn't like to say, you could easily assume that, albeit it doesn't help P&O cruisers it is another ray of hope that someone else is starting up soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, joeecco said:

I’ve just tried doing a dummy booking for all our cruises and you can’t book any of them. 

it just goes back to the ‘see prices’ page. Seems they’ve disabled all bookings ready to remove some sailings. I hope so anyway, I want to hear the update! 

Fingers crossed for your wedding, Joe. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, yorkshirephil said:

I wouldn't like to say, you could easily assume that, albeit it doesn't help P&O cruisers it is another ray of hope that someone else is starting up soon.

Thanks.  Oh well breaky time methinks and may get out in to the garden later.  I am feeling for joeecco though.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1