Do I get a refund or FCC?

tukogirl

After many princess and RC cruises, we decided to try Celebrity.  We booked last January and I accidentally booked a non-refundable cruise.  Completely my fault for not inspecting the website better.  We paid the $500 deposit last year.

That cruise in April was just cancelled by Celebrity.  I know if I had cancelled I would have to take the FCC.  But because they cancelled will I get a refund instead?

3 hours ago, tukogirl said:

After many princess and RC cruises, we decided to try Celebrity.  We booked last January and I accidentally booked a non-refundable cruise.  Completely my fault for not inspecting the website better.  We paid the $500 deposit last year.

That cruise in April was just cancelled by Celebrity.  I know if I had cancelled I would have to take the FCC.  But because they cancelled will I get a refund instead?

You will be given the choice of a 100 % refund or 125 % FCC.

If you choose the 125% FCC you can still change your mind until a certain date or before the FCC is applied to a booking.

If you choose the refund don’t expect that to be a swift affair. It can take months.

Edited by Miaminice

7 hours ago, tukogirl said:

Take the cash refund. 

• Like 1

You didn't ask for input on whether you should take the refund or not, so unlike others I won't presume to know your situation and won't offer it.

Just be advised that what will automatically be applied is the FCC.  If you want the refund you need to actively request it as the poster above said.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tukogirl said:

Because they cancelled, you can request a refund, but YOU have to initiate it, they won't do it automatically.  I don't know your personal situation but I would def take the refund.