Anyone know what the Radiance is doing in October 2021?

pcur

She's going from Vancouver to San Pedro after the Alaska season, but what is she doing after that 9/24/21 cruise?  She's in Miami on 10/24/21, so I'm assuming there's a Panama Canal trip in between, and I'm also guessing it's not showing because it's before 11/1/21 and over 7 days.  But, I'd like to get an idea.  We have cruises that I could L&S if I knew where she was going after San Pedro.

Thanks!

I don't think there will be an Alaska season this year out of Vancouver.  There is a near zero chance the Canadian govt. will open the country up for cruise ships this year.  Canadian vaccine rollout is extremely slow. The last numbers I saw Canada was vaccinating at less than half the rate of the US per captia.     With no Alaska season I doubt Radiance does Vancouver to San Pedro.

Edited by Tree_skier
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I don't think there will be an Alaska season this year out of Vancouver.  There is a near zero chance the Canadian govt. will open the country up for cruise ships this year.  Canadian vaccine rollout is extremely slow. The last numbers I saw Canada was vaccinating at less than half the rate of the US per captia.     With no Alaska season I doubt Radiance does Vancouver to San Pedro.

Thanks!  I'm OK with no Alaska, because my current booking is the Ovation for 3 nights from 9/17 to 9/20 after the Alaska season.  We are then booked on the Serenade to Hawaii on 9/26 from Vancouver, which I expect might be cancelled, so I'm looking at other options.  

If the Radiance doesn't go to Alaska, I'm thinking she will stay in Asia, and then sail over in September to relocate.  She's scheduled to sail from Miami in late October, so that's why I'm interested in where she's going, and where she docks on the West Coast.  

15 minutes ago, pcur said:

If the Radiance doesn't go to Alaska, I'm thinking she will stay in Asia, and then sail over in September to relocate.  She's scheduled to sail from Miami in late October, so that's why I'm interested in where she's going, and where she docks on the West Coast.  

One thing that is possible Radiance works Serenade's cruises from Sydney and another Radiance ship works Radiance of the Seas cruises from Florida. 

OK, my big box ta talked to RCCL.  It's pretty much what I thought.  They pull the cruises out of inventory that are over 7 night long, per CDC policy, and right now are just holding the reservations until the corporate office decides what to do.  They may keep them at limited capacity and sail if allowed, or they may have to cancel them.

The Radiance on 10/1/21 IS a Panama Canal, but cannot be booked until they can put it back in inventory.  

Waiting and watching..............................

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pcur said:

Thanks!  I'm OK with no Alaska, because my current booking is the Ovation for 3 nights from 9/17 to 9/20 after the Alaska season.  We are then booked on the Serenade to Hawaii on 9/26 from Vancouver, which I expect might be cancelled, so I'm looking at other options.  

I'm also booked on that 3 night Seattle to Vancouver sailing.  Not feeling like it will happen.  

• 5 months later...

On 1/16/2021 at 11:49 PM, pcur said:

If the Radiance doesn't go to Alaska, I'm thinking she will stay in Asia, and then sail over in September to relocate. 

She may have started a bit earlier - she's left the confines of Singapore and been heading west for the last three days.

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

She may have started a bit earlier - she's left the confines of Singapore and been heading west for the last three days.

She is heading to the Port of Colombo (Sri Lanka) maybe picking up more crew.

It's about a 1700 mile trip.

Edited by Jimbo

• 3 weeks later...

Radiance is in Cyprus now- first available booking is the October 1-15 canal trip followed by trips out of Miami.

Hopefully the canal crossing is still occurring and they don’t just cancel that cruise and head west from Cyprus to Miami!

5 hours ago, tas246 said:

Radiance is in Cyprus now- first available booking is the October 1-15 canal trip followed by trips out of Miami.

Hopefully the canal crossing is still occurring and they don’t just cancel that cruise and head west from Cyprus to Miami!

Cyprus is in the Med.  Radiance doesn't need to go thru the canal to get to Miami.  Am I confusing something with something?

56 minutes ago, Auntiemomo said:

Cyprus is in the Med.  Radiance doesn't need to go thru the canal to get to Miami.  Am I confusing something with something?

Radiance is scheduled for a 14 night LA to Miami eastbound through the canal on October 1, arriving Miami Oct 15.  I’m guessing they may swap Serenade in on this trip and transit Radiance west to Miami from Cyprus.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/25/2021 at 10:32 PM, tas246 said:

Radiance is scheduled for a 14 night LA to Miami eastbound through the canal on October 1, arriving Miami Oct 15.  I’m guessing they may swap Serenade in on this trip and transit Radiance west to Miami from Cyprus.

You are correct with the swap. Serenade is now doing the Panama Canal eastbound cruise (now a 13 night cruise).