October 2022

MMfan14

3 minutes ago, volfan22701 said:

we are booked in april 2022, october 2022 and march 2020. hopefully all is back in operation by those dates. we have had 2 canceled and are pretty sure nothing will happen this year so went out to those dates and keeping fingers crossed.

I think you are safe regarding all being back in operation by your first two dates.  The third date though has officially been cancelled. 😉

On 1/24/2021 at 10:52 AM, MMfan14 said:

I'm contemplating booking a cruise for October 2022. Has anyone else book cruises that far out yet? I'm hoping the world will be back to normal by then. 

We are booked on the Horizon for October 2022.  I was happy to find there were cruises to choose from.  We felt like it was a good bet to book that far out.  My hubby doesn't want to cruise if he has to wear a mask all the time on the ship. 

I still don't understand why so many people kept rebooking almost month after month.  

On 2/7/2021 at 12:24 PM, volfan22701 said:

we are booked in april 2022, october 2022 and march 2023. hopefully all is back in operation by those dates. we have had 2 canceled and are pretty sure nothing will happen this year so went out to those dates and keeping fingers crossed.

If things aren't "back in operation" by April 2022, I would hazard a guess the cruise industry (as we know it) will be toast - there simply won't be sustainable funding for that long of a pause.  IMHO I think it would trigger a massive re-organization of the industry, with many lines filing Ch 11 and others restructuring beyond recognition.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

We are booked for October, 2022 as well! It is our rebooking from our cancelled October 2020. We are on the Valor out of NOLA. I sure hope that things are relatively back to normal by then! I definitely don't want to be restricted by a mask on the ship or be forced to take ship excursions! But we'll be ready to go by then, for sure!