Unlimited WiFi vs Captains Circle internet minutes?

Raisinette

Hello,

I'm platinum and am entitled to 250 free internet minutes, however for the first time we've booked a cruise that will have unlimited WiFi (and free gratuities etc).  If I go to Customer Service on board would I get any credit for the unused platinum minutes? Just wondering...!

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Raisinette said:

Hello,

I'm platinum and am entitled to 250 free internet minutes, however for the first time we've booked a cruise that will have unlimited WiFi (and free gratuities etc).  If I go to Customer Service on board would I get any credit for the unused platinum minutes? Just wondering...!

Thanks!

No. 

Noone has reported that they have received any credit in that situation .. however, you don't have to worry about logging in and out, and losing minutes ... so you got that going for you

the "old" BSE let you book just the perks you wanted - we booked BEST2DG ( without unlimited WiFi ) and saved $10 per day per person and just used our status minutes

Alas, that is not available in the current BSE , at least to my knowledge

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the replies!  

On a previous cruise I double checked I'd logged off correctly but still managed to lose all my minutes - this was on the first day of the cruise.  Went to the Internet cafe, had the minutes reinstated no problem.  Somehow managed to do the same thing 2 more times...now prefer to just pay for the unlimited package (or get it as part of a promotion) so no more worries!

5 hours ago, Raisinette said:

Hello,

Thanks!

In the runup to our month-long cruise last Feb my Personalizer offered an unlimited one-device pkg for $130 ... at that time, members here were posting that you could get a discount at passenger svcs first day only by trading in my loyalty minutes for the unlimited pkg ... called Princess, and the onboard discount saved me approx $12 ... decided to prepay via Personalizer ... because I was still many months out, and Princess could up the Personalizer price or reduce or eliminate the onboard discount.

Is an unlimited pkg in your Personalizer options?

If so, call Princess and ask about the onboard discount.  If there is a discount, you'll need to think acout possible changes before you sail. 

We’ve already booked the cruise under the Best Sale Ever promotion so will have unlimited WiFi included. I have a history of inadvertently blowing through my free minutes so for once won’t have to worry about that!. My travel buddy is elite and normally trades out the mini bar for coffee cards (which we won’t need this time) so I was wondering if it was possible to trade our free internet minutes for something. Based on the feedback in this thread it appears that’s not an option. I was only wondering!

• Like 1

In the past I have never been willing to pay for Internet access. Heck, it was almost totally unusable anyway. I generally burned most of my free minutes accomplishing very little. By the last few cruises we didn't even actually use all of our free minutes because it wasn't worth the frustration. I'll take the always-on connection and hope it's as good as they claim. I still won't be online all the time but when I get a sudden bug in my rear to want to know some weird thing I'll be able to ask my phone. When I find something interesting in my book and want to long press it and get a definition or further info I'll be able to do so. It kind of amazes me how often I get side tracked checking out something in a book for further information. When I read a "real" book I have even caught myself trying to do that. D'Oh! I love learning new things and an always-on connection helps me to do so.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Raisinette said:

Thanks for the replies!  

On a previous cruise I double checked I'd logged off correctly but still managed to lose all my minutes - this was on the first day of the cruise.  Went to the Internet cafe, had the minutes reinstated no problem.  Somehow managed to do the same thing 2 more times...now prefer to just pay for the unlimited package (or get it as part of a promotion) so no more worries!

After my second trip to get my minutes back, they told me, "that's it, if it happens again too bad."  If the unlimited is available, we take it.  No logging off required.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Raisinette said:

We’ve already booked the cruise under the Best Sale Ever promotion so will have unlimited WiFi included. I have a history of inadvertently blowing through my free minutes so for once won’t have to worry about that!. My travel buddy is elite and normally trades out the mini bar for coffee cards (which we won’t need this time) so I was wondering if it was possible to trade our free internet minutes for something. Based on the feedback in this thread it appears that’s not an option. I was only wondering!

The only thing you can trade it for is the extra discount on the unlimited package on the first day of the cruise for platinum/elite members.