Bruges and Zeebrugge few tips and suggestions.

• 3 months later...

We have been to Bruges before, so we are interested in doing something other than returning to Bruges.   When we stopped in Zeebruges in 2016, before the new cruise terminal was finished, the coastal tram to Blankenberge stopped just outside the gates of the port where the shuttle busses from the ship dropped passenger.  How easy is it now to get to the tram?  What about tours to Ypres and the WWI battlefields?

On 5/22/2021 at 3:18 AM, WisRiver said:

We have been to Bruges before, so we are interested in doing something other than returning to Bruges.   When we stopped in Zeebruges in 2016, before the new cruise terminal was finished, the coastal tram to Blankenberge stopped just outside the gates of the port where the shuttle busses from the ship dropped passenger.  How easy is it now to get to the tram?  What about tours to Ypres and the WWI battlefields?

Blankenberge is a nice small costal tourist town to visit if you have been to Bruge before, I have never did one but I know there are a few companies who do organised tours of the battlefield sites from the World Wars and also the Commonwealth War Grave cemeteries many of which to this day are beautifully looked after by local people.  

• 4 weeks later...

I have this Port on my 2022 Southampton to Southampton voyage, and I wonder is there is anything really special to do in Bruges. With no offense to any reader, I have visited a number of European cities and the medieval architecture has become pretty commonplace, but if there are any really special places visitors have been to, I would love to know about them. Thank you

• 8 months later...
On 1/31/2021 at 9:03 PM, mskaufman said:

Still in our plans for July, but getting to be doubtful

If your referring to covid restrictions by July you should be fine, Europe is already removing almost all restrictions for fully vaccinated individuals. 

As for current situation in Ukraine then at the moment that will have little effect on a Cruise industry in Europe with of course the exception of Baltic cruises which will be impacted. So fingers crossed you get there. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DavietheScot said:

If your referring to covid restrictions by July you should be fine, Europe is already removing almost all restrictions for fully vaccinated individuals. 

As for current situation in Ukraine then at the moment that will have little effect on a Cruise industry in Europe with of course the exception of Baltic cruises which will be impacted. So fingers crossed you get there. 

Davie, you’re replying to a remark written more than a year ago. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/26/2022 at 10:33 PM, Airbalancer said:

Does anyone know if  there is a bus from cruise terminal to city centre ? 

From the link in the first post (!):

The cruise ships dock inside the port area and then passengers are transferred by shuttle buses to the terminal itself.  Once at the terminal you can easily visit Brugge from there by useing one of the taxi's from the rank outside or the local and frequent bus service that takes you from the port to the center of Bruges. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, mconthehighseas said:

I've seen cruise excursions that are shuttles that go into Brugge.  Does anyone know where they drop you off in the city?

After 2 years of basic no ships I dont think any one would where the location would be anymore 

Also it would depend on which bus company the cruiseline uses 

1 hour ago, Airbalancer said:

After 2 years of basic no ships I dont think any one would where the location would be anymore 

Also it would depend on which bus company the cruiseline uses 

I don't think so. As far as I remember there is one spot near the old town where buses drop people off. Unfortunately, I can't remember exactly where it is. (Buses can't enter the old town.)

• 5 weeks later...

I've seen posts that the way to get from the cruise terminal into Bruges is by train but the bus sounds a lot easier, especially if it's found right at the cruise terminal. How often does it go and are there enough bus rides to accomodate all the passengers? Also, how much and how often is the ride back from Bruges?