Groundhog day

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I see you reacted to a post on voyager suite lounge refurbishment.

From a year ago uncle Les ,where did you find that?

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Mic in that video he says.

I’ll give you a cruise ban prediction.

It’s going to be cold ,grey and it’s going to last you the rest of your life

2 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Mic in that video he says.

I’ll give you a cruise ban prediction.

It’s going to be cold ,grey and it’s going to last you the rest of your life

9 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

I see you reacted to a post on voyager suite lounge refurbishment.

From a year ago uncle Les ,where did you find that?

I cannot remember mate.

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

Looks like you have caught a good breeze there

It was very light yesterday. I had my biggest sail up and did get a few good runs or "flights" as they are called when the board is clear of the water. Flights? Cruising? Hmmm.

22 hours ago, lyndarra said:

It was very light yesterday. I had my biggest sail up and did get a few good runs or "flights" as they are called when the board is clear of the water. Flights? Cruising? Hmmm.

Travelling over water is still fun by the look of it.

On 2/20/2021 at 6:04 PM, MicCanberra said:

There are plenty of cruises happening, you just need to broaden your definitions.

The other day I heard that there was an incident involving a military helicopter on a training flight colliding with a cruise-ship in Sydney Harbour. I thought, how? There are no cruiseships in Sydney Harbour at this time.

Seems it was a Captain Cook vessel, hired for the exercise. Do the vessels plying the Harbour cruise market qualify as ships?  I have been told that many cruiseship captains get upset if you call their vessel a boat (keel-hauling was one punishment I heard mentioned), so am keen to know the line of demarcation between a ship & a boat 😮

15 minutes ago, mr walker said:

The other day I heard that there was an incident involving a military helicopter on a training flight colliding with a cruise-ship in Sydney Harbour. I thought, how? There are no cruiseships in Sydney Harbour at this time.

Seems it was a Captain Cook vessel, hired for the exercise. Do the vessels plying the Harbour cruise market qualify as ships?  I have been told that many cruiseship captains get upset if you call their vessel a boat (keel-hauling was one punishment I heard mentioned), so am keen to know the line of demarcation between a ship & a boat 😮

Old proverb.

'You can put a boat on a ship but you can't put a ship on a boat.'

Begs the question. Can you put a ship on a bigger ship?

27 minutes ago, lyndarra said:

Old proverb.

'You can put a boat on a ship but you can't put a ship on a boat.'

Begs the question. Can you put a ship on a bigger ship?

That is the quote that I have heard ship's captains use. And yes, you can put a ship on a bigger ship but maybe I am being a smart ar.. I am referring to 'lift ships'.

• Like 1

Just now, Aus Traveller said:

That is the quote that I have heard ship's captains use. And yes, you can put a ship on a bigger ship but maybe I am being a smart ar.. I am referring to 'lift ships'.

I confess, I have seen those.

44 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

Do lift ships have a lift operator, and do they stop at all the floors.....lol

on groundhog day... I must say every day does seam the same. at the moment

not going anyway.... sun comes up, wait a while, then it goes down...

Boat vs ship..... liner vs cruiseship   

and bus vs coach.....  bus driver vs coach captain

One day in the distance future... when one is on a cruise...

what will we think about these times... or simply we will have another drink....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mr walker said:

Poor reporting by the media again Neil. They would not know the difference between QM2 and a Sydney Harbour Ferry. capt cook cruises are rip off tourist junks.

Years ago my kids gave us chrissie pressies,  cruise and dinner on Capt Cook boat. On boarding the restaurant manager led us straight to the buffet and told us to eat before the hordes. 198 Asian tourists on board and us, i understood why we got good service. I later saw the tourists at the buffet, nuff said.

Edited by NSWP