Pride of America departing Port of Honolulu...

BEAV

44 minutes ago, ace2542 said:

That is good. I suspect this will likely be the first NCL ship in your part of the world to resume sailings. Especially if Biden's statements about vaccines by July hold water.

That will all depend on the state of Hawaii.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

That will all depend on the state of Hawaii.

And from what I understand the 4 Island Counties have different protocols

as to what the entrance and exit policies are going to be - quarantine or no

quarantine and the length and where it is to be and the cost.

It is just not terribly practical for a 1 week to 10 day vacation to be quarantined

for all or half that time - it even doesn't pass muster for a 2 week vacation.

Getting tested and OK for travel to Hawaii (thinking mainly of Oahu) and then

travel to another island on the same testing exemption without further restrictions ?

Are vaccinations going to be the free ticket for Hawaiian travel ?

Wearing masks is an important small part to the solution but that too could be

eased after everyone is vaccinated.

The interisland movement is subject to all kinds of variances -

-AND-

the Governor (maybe it is the Legislature) needs to address making an uniform

policy to make visiting each of the islands easier without inhibiting complications ! 

The ball is in the Hawaiian court and needs some service (ACTION) to determine

how soon tourism can resume and for the island residents to make a respectable

living from that point !  

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WhoDatNan said:

Gig 'em!

First, I came across a member of the "Who Dat Nation" who is up in NY (sorry, I can't remember his CC screen name), now you - another member of the "Who Dat Nation" over in the Peach State (Georgia). Are you close to Atlanta? If yes, you're able to go see (after these virus lock-downs end, of course) your Saints every season when they play the Falcons in Atlanta (NFC South divisional game).

Yeah, if you're from the NOLA area or lived down there, no surprise that you are familiar with our (A&M) rallying cry, "Gig 'em". God forbid you're also an LSU Tiger fan (please God no).

Welcome to Cruise Critic by the way!

Edited by farmersfight
  • Like 2

Hawaii appears to be moving toward eliminating testing & quarantine restrictions on visitors who have been vaccinated, so that could be a determinant factor for sailing on the POA:

https://www.hawaii-guide.com/hawaii-covid-vaccine

"Lieutenant Governor Josh Green, who is both a physician and is in charge of Hawaii's Safe Travels program, had said that he would ask the governor to approve travel both trans-Pacific and interisland for anyone who has had a COVID vaccination without further requirements starting in early 2021. For travelers who choose not to get vaccinated, we believe the current restrictions, testing requirements, and quarantine policy are likely to remain in effect for most, if not all, of 2021 and potentially beyond."

• Like 1

6 hours ago, farmersfight said:

First, I came across a member of the "Who Dat Nation" who is up in NY (sorry, I can't remember his CC screen name), now you - another member of the "Who Dat Nation" over in the Peach State (Georgia). Are you close to Atlanta? If yes, you're able to go see (after these virus lock-downs end, of course) your Saints every season when they play the Falcons in Atlanta (NFC South divisional game).

And from a fan of the Super Bowl Champion Bucs, I hope Winston is the Saints quarterback next year!!! It will make for good entertainment!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

And from a fan of the Super Bowl Champion Bucs, I hope Winston is the Saints quarterback next year!!! It will make for good entertainment!!

Yeah, the Bucs have the GOAT. Paid dividends this past season, for sure. Do you think Brees is going to retire?

6 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Yeah, the Bucs have the GOAT. Paid dividends this past season, for sure. Do you think Brees is going to retire?

Yes I do. It is easy to defend against him now as he can't throw the ball more than 20 yards downfield. I think he reduced his salary so they wouldn't take such a big cap hit when he does retire. 

I was hoping that Brady had a year or two left when they signed him, but I never thought that they would win it all in his first year!!!

You just can't trust Winston not to make stupid throws.

17 hours ago, farmersfight said:

Yeah, if you're from the NOLA area or lived down there, no surprise that you are familiar with our (A&M) rallying cry, "Gig 'em". God forbid you're also an LSU Tiger fan (please God no).

Welcome to Cruise Critic by the way!

I'm originally from New Orleans. My family moved to Conroe, TX when I started high school.  My dad told me that Texas was a big state - "pick a school somewhere within the borders".  I married a soldier (at the Bryan County Courthouse) and 23 years later we retired in the Augusta area, a couple of hours east of Atlanta.  Yes, I can see the Saints when they play in Atlanta but I'm also a Saints season ticket holder, so I drive to New Orleans every couple of weeks to see the games.  I chose wisely - Gig 'em!  I love my Ags on Saturday (never, ever LSU) and my Saints on Sunday.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, zdcatc12 said:

Especially when he shows the world that lasik surgery works.  Who Dat!!!!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, WhoDatNan said:

I'm originally from New Orleans. My family moved to Conroe, TX when I started high school.  My dad told me that Texas was a big state - "pick a school somewhere within the borders".  I married a soldier (at the Bryan County Courthouse) and 23 years later we retired in the Augusta area, a couple of hours east of Atlanta.  Yes, I can see the Saints when they play in Atlanta but I'm also a Saints season ticket holder, so I drive to New Orleans every couple of weeks to see the games.  I chose wisely - Gig 'em!  I love my Ags on Saturday (never, ever LSU) and my Saints on Sunday.

Wow, if you're in the Atlanta area, still holding on to your Saints season tickets and drive down to NOLA for Saints home games, you're a hard core member of Who Dat Nation! I'm really impressed!!

Glad you're an Aggie. Once an Aggie, always an Aggie. I find it fascinating that Aggies hold Aggie muster all over the world, even in war zones!

I have some the best memories and life experiences of being a voluntary member of our drill team (I went to Texas A&M at Galveston; Texas Maritime Academy) and marching in Kyle Field during halftime of Aggie home games.

Also glad you're not an LSU Tiger fan. I made the mistake one time of driving to Baton Rouge and attending an LSU Tiger home game when they hosted Texas A&M. It was the wildest, loudest crowd I have ever experienced. As a fan of the visiting Aggies, I felt like a mouse. I didn't dare openly root or cheer for my Aggies in that crowd, I would've been killed! Lol. It sure didn't help that the Aggies got blown out by LSU that game. I think we left at halftime it was so bad.

Edited by farmersfight

On 2/23/2021 at 11:04 AM, NikiPinkston said:

Hawaii appears to be moving toward eliminating testing & quarantine restrictions on visitors who have been vaccinated, so that could be a determinant factor for sailing on the POA:

https://www.hawaii-guide.com/hawaii-covid-vaccine

"Lieutenant Governor Josh Green, who is both a physician and is in charge of Hawaii's Safe Travels program, had said that he would ask the governor to approve travel both trans-Pacific and interisland for anyone who has had a COVID vaccination without further requirements starting in early 2021. For travelers who choose not to get vaccinated, we believe the current restrictions, testing requirements, and quarantine policy are likely to remain in effect for most, if not all, of 2021 and potentially beyond."

Yeah, but Governor Ige is against having a common testing/entry requirement for the state, allowing the ill-informed county mayors to make up different rules for each island. 

51 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Yeah, but Governor Ige is against having a common testing/entry requirement for the state, allowing the ill-informed county mayors to make up different rules for each island. 

Perhaps that is because every county is different and they don't all have the same problems.  One size does not fit all here.

Edited by Silver Sweethearts

1 hour ago, Silver Sweethearts said:

Perhaps that is because every county is different and they don't all have the same problems.  One size does not fit all here.

How do residents of Maui feel about cruise ship visits? I wonder if local residents will welcome ships back or not.

Edited by 98420934

10 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

That's unfortunate.  Hopefully, things will change as infection numbers continue to decline and more people are vaccinated.

• Like 1