Carnival to start outside of US ports

1 hour ago, TNcruising02 said:

Even if many Carnival cruisers don't have passports, there are many who do.I think there are enough Carnival cruisers who have passports to make it worth it to have some Carnival ships sail from foreign ports. Maybe it won't come to that.  

I think that Carnival won't do anything outside the US till 2022 if things are still at a standstill with the CDC

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, seaman11 said:

THIS stinks 

The nassau sailings were always selling better, plus there was another port, but nassau clearly was the one being most booked. Bermuda had 175 taxes and port fees pp was my issue, about 75 more than booking nassau. It's not like you could go early when most booked air2sea to arrive the day of.

Nassau is still on. I posted here who would book Bermuda who did 1 day in coco cay plus 2 ports vs nassau which had 2 days in coco cay plus 2 ports, so less taxes and longer time in coco cay. Any wonder bermuda wasnt booking. Someone wasnt thinking. The cruise was not set up to entice. I completely understand but feel bad for those who booked due to rcl not thinking.

12 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

On the bright side, RCL cancelling those cruises must mean they feel much more confident about US sailings this summer.

Interesting news that says rcl hopes to cruise from  nj in august. No one knows what to think of it.

About like the mardi gras arriving in port Canaveral.. I hope something is up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Interesting news that says rcl hopes to cruise from  nj in august. No one knows what to think of it.

It might be a good sign

BAYONNE, NJ - After extensive discussions with the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, local and state health officials, and the Office of Emergency Management, Royal Caribbean is planning to sail its first cruise ship out of Port Liberty in Bayonne in August, TAPinto Bayonne has learned.

“Right now, we’re hearing the first ship will leave in August at half capacity,” said Mayor Jimmy Davis. “This means that if the ship can accommodate 6,000, then 3,000 will be allowed on board.”

https://www.tapinto.net/towns/bayonne/sections/business-and-finance/articles/royal-caribbean-to-set-sail-from-bayonne-in-august

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Royal has an agreement with Port Canaveral to do test cruises, so now needs CDC permission. I guess the unvaccinated may want to look at Royal?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Fauci expects airlines and cruise ships to require proof of vaccine before boarding.  

As controversial as he is with many Americans, I don't have a problem with that. 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

As controversial as he is with many Americans, I don't have a problem with that. 

I wonder how the airlines will feel after being able to board people who haven't even been tested.  It should be interesting to see this is just his wish or if it will happen.

7 minutes ago, TNcruising02 said:

Only 2nd was cruising and I couldn't find a date when he said it on your link. I'd like to see it was recent. But thanks. Hopefully soon we know. Tired of the not knowing.

11 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Only 2nd was cruising and I couldn't find a date when he said it on your link. I'd like to see it was recent. But thanks. Hopefully soon we know. Tired of the not knowing.

By  Washington Post Live
May 20, 2021 at 11:32 a.m. CDT

"MS. ABUTALEB: The European Union announced that fully vaccinated Americans will be able to travel in time for summer. Are there any discussions within the administration about whether you have to require proof of vaccination or some sort of vaccine passport for travel? Just because I think there are a lot of anxieties about traveling on airplanes.

DR. FAUCI: Well, I believe that airlines are going to do that on their own. As I mentioned, there are no plans right now for the federal central government to be making any mandates about the requirements for vaccine proof, but there's no doubt in my mind or many of my public health colleagues that we're already starting to see steps in that direction where independent entities will likely be requiring proof of vaccination before you can either get on a plane or step into a university campus

...or example, we already know there are certain colleges and universities which are saying if you want to come on campus for in-person learning, you have to have proof that you're vaccinated. There are going to be cruise ships that are doing the same things, and it is likely that certain airlines might also do that. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/washington-post-live/2021/05/20/transcript-coronavirus-leadership-during-crisis-with-anthony-s-fauci-md/

Edited by TNcruising02

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Mardi Gras won't be sailing for months 

12 hours ago, TNcruising02 said:

By  Washington Post Live
May 20, 2021 at 11:32 a.m. CDT

"MS. ABUTALEB: The European Union announced that fully vaccinated Americans will be able to travel in time for summer. Are there any discussions within the administration about whether you have to require proof of vaccination or some sort of vaccine passport for travel? Just because I think there are a lot of anxieties about traveling on airplanes.

DR. FAUCI: Well, I believe that airlines are going to do that on their own. As I mentioned, there are no plans right now for the federal central government to be making any mandates about the requirements for vaccine proof, but there's no doubt in my mind or many of my public health colleagues that we're already starting to see steps in that direction where independent entities will likely be requiring proof of vaccination before you can either get on a plane or step into a university campus

...or example, we already know there are certain colleges and universities which are saying if you want to come on campus for in-person learning, you have to have proof that you're vaccinated. There are going to be cruise ships that are doing the same things, and it is likely that certain airlines might also do that. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/washington-post-live/2021/05/20/transcript-coronavirus-leadership-during-crisis-with-anthony-s-fauci-md/

Very Interesting!  Thx for posting!

• Like 1