Air Promo 2nd passenger flies free

CruiseDuck

7 hours ago, RickCanada said:

If i want an outbound from Florida and return to Toronto is this a one way fare?

Not sure I understand your question, do you mean you just want a return flight portions. I believe these are your 3 options (assuming cruise is out of Miami and you want to leave from Toronto) - 

Toronto to Mami and Miami to Toronto

Toronto to Miami only

Miami to Toronto only

You can vary Toronto to city of your choice as your departure point but I think that's it.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/19/2021 at 7:21 AM, rodndonna said:

Not sure I understand your question, do you mean you just want a return flight portions. I believe these are your 3 options (assuming cruise is out of Miami and you want to leave from Toronto) - 

Toronto to Mami and Miami to Toronto

Toronto to Miami only

Miami to Toronto only

You can vary Toronto to city of your choice as your departure point but I think that's it.

I am going on Australian cruise and want to fly out of Miami and return to Toronto.

4 hours ago, RickCanada said:

I am going on Australian cruise and want to fly out of Miami and return to Toronto.

You wouldn't be able to do that directly on-line but maybe if you call them? Try on-line pricing return fares based form Miami and then Toronto - that would give you a god estimate on what you would have to pay of the allowed it.

We got $668 Canadian each return Toronto to Australia/NZ so some great deals if you can swing it on that promo.

I recently booked b2b Panama cruises for Jan./2022, flying from Toronto.  When the TA put in deviation of 2 days, it turned out it was a $33.47 CAD credit (not a charge).  She told me before it's a charge but now we leaned it's a credit. 

At the end of the cruise we'll stay in Panama city for 2 more days.  Found good Marriott redemption at Aloft Panama.  For the beginning of cruise, a deviation wasn't available at first but is now available.  So we'll also fly to San Diego 2 days earlier, and get a credit.  The credit of $33.47 CAD is total (for 1 person), as we are getting 2nd guest fly free.

Edited by Middleager

On 4/13/2021 at 12:01 PM, Middleager said:

That explains it.  I'm from Canada.  Someone else also responded to one of my post earlier quoting the T&C, and I checked and checked but couldn't find that said info.

So for Canadian bookings, the deviation is a "fee".  A charge, not a credit.

We have a booking for Jan 2023 out of San Diego and my invoice shows a credit to me for the air deviation. This is a rebooking for a Jan 2022 cruise also out of San Diego and that also showed a credit to me.

2 hours ago, lawnbowler48 said:

We have a booking for Jan 2023 out of San Diego and my invoice shows a credit to me for the air deviation. This is a rebooking for a Jan 2022 cruise also out of San Diego and that also showed a credit to me.

I already posted, 2 before yours, that when I did an actual booking with a TA, it turned out it was a credit for deviation.  Earlier she thought it was a charge, but now we've confirmed it is a credit.

I saw in the terms that NCL can change the difference if the flight is more than they said it would cost when one first signs up. Has anyone experiences this, or do they get better deals on flights that this does not happen/happen often?

Thanks,

Tammy

1 hour ago, tammyjw305 said:

I saw in the terms that NCL can change the difference if the flight is more than they said it would cost when one first signs up. Has anyone experiences this, or do they get better deals on flights that this does not happen/happen often?

Thanks,

Tammy

I believe what is being referenced here, is if there is a change of flight... in other words the departure port, the time of departure and/or the airline itself can and often is, changed.  You have no say in any of that except possibly if you ask to add a deviation prior to the flights being ticketed with the airline. 

And this:  Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to select an alternate airport within 60 miles based on itinerary, choose the air carrier, routing and city airport from each gateway city and reserves the right to substitute commuter service and/or charter air service for scheduled air carriers without prior notice.

Hi @hallux@All-ready2cruise

Here is where I saw it; I read it as prices offered are just quotes, not related to ports or time changes, but I may be off. I was hoping it was their covering themselves but that it does not happen too often that they needed to come back for more money for flights.  

https://www.ncl.com/freestyle-cruise/airsea

Air Charges

Air Charges may include any and all fees, charges and taxes related to air transportation imposed by U.S. and/or foreign governmental or quasi-governmental authorities including passenger and airport facility charges, air departure taxes, foreign airport taxes, customs/immigration/security fees, airport service charges and inspection fees. Air Charges are additional, vary by gateway city and routing and are subject to change. Air Charges are estimated and billed by gateway city and routing and are non-commissionable. Actual Air Charges may be higher or lower than the amount quoted. Refunds will not be made if actual Air Charges are lower than the amount quoted. If actual Air Charges are higher than the amount quoted, NCL reserves the right to collect the difference. Certain countries require passengers to pay an airport departure tax which may not be included on the passenger air ticket. This tax is collected at the airport and may have to be paid in local currency. This tax is the responsibility of each individual passenger. Cancellation fees are assessed for any air changes or deviations, contact NCL for more information. Airline baggage fees are not included in the price of your airline ticket. Ancillary fees are paid directly to the airline.

Thanks,

Tammy

I was looking at the Prima Transatlantic with the free air for second traveller from Southampton to NYC and I’d definitely want to add a few days in London ahead of time. The airfare when I was on site was $700 which seems really cheap for two people. So I would definitely take advantage of the deviation in London, but we may want more than two nights. Has anyone had any success in getting a deviation on one end for maybe 3-4 nights?  Also I always want a direct flight so am wondering if you have any say in requesting direct flights or you have no choice and could end up with two stops?  Is there any rhyme or reason with what flights you are given?  Is it also possible to add the flight promotion to my booking now and then just cancel that part later and keep other perks if I decide to book on my own ?   Thanks!

56 minutes ago, skatie said:

Has anyone had any success in getting a deviation on one end for maybe 3-4 nights?

Longest deviation allowed, per the terms of the promo, is 2 days.  I doubt you'll get them to give you more.

Those T&Cs really give them a lot of wiggle room, and of course my likely bad alternatives are right under their limit @ 59.9 miles away (I fly BWI but could get IAD or DCA):

• For Domestic flights, Norwegian Cruise Line will book guests' airfare with a maximum of one connection when possible; air schedules permitting.
  • For International flights, Norwegian Cruise Line will book guests' airfare with a maximum of two connections when possible; air schedules permitting.
  • Norwegian Cruise Line reserves the right to select an alternate airport within 60 miles based on itinerary, choose the air carrier, routing and city airport from each gateway city and reserves the right to substitute commuter service and/or charter air service for scheduled air carriers without prior notice.

15 hours ago, hallux said:

Longest deviation allowed, per the terms of the promo, is 2 days.  I doubt you'll get them to give you more.

For booking made thru NCL US....

european deviation is 30 days +/- cruise

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, pghflyer said:

Is this air promo exclusive to NCL direct bookings? I've noticed the other places I normally look at don't offer it.

The promo should be available for all bookings in eligible staterooms on eligible sailings.  It's possible the sailing or stateroom you have selected is not eligible for the promo.  I booked through a TA in 2019 and got the air promo that was offered at that time.

• Like 1

On 5/10/2021 at 9:56 AM, Middleager said:

I recently booked b2b Panama cruises for Jan./2022, flying from Toronto.  When the TA put in deviation of 2 days, it turned out it was a $33.47 CAD credit (not a charge).  She told me before it's a charge but now we leaned it's a credit. 

At the end of the cruise we'll stay in Panama city for 2 more days.  Found good Marriott redemption at Aloft Panama.  For the beginning of cruise, a deviation wasn't available at first but is now available.  So we'll also fly to San Diego 2 days earlier, and get a credit.  The credit of $33.47 CAD is total (for 1 person), as we are getting 2nd guest fly free.

@MiddleagerI'm so happy to hear pre-cruise deviation became available for you. My TA just called saying it isn't available for the March 2023 Panama Canal sailing (roundtrip Panama) we just booked but will check back to see if that changes. Willing to see how taking the promo works out since it will only cost a total of $374 for the both of us, but won't if only same day flights are available....wouldn't take FREE airfare if it means I might miss the boat!

2 minutes ago, Indyopie said:

@MiddleagerI'm so happy to hear pre-cruise deviation became available for you. My TA just called saying it isn't available for the March 2023 Panama Canal sailing (roundtrip Panama) we just booked but will check back to see if that changes. Willing to see how taking the promo works out since it will only cost a total of $374 for the both of us, but won't if only same day flights are available....wouldn't take FREE airfare if it means I might miss the boat!

Your cruise isn't till Mar/2023.  There's still lots of time.  It'll make sense that NCL offers deviation. 
For us, we'd rather not have to fly on the day of the cruise which may mean 6am flight with connection, to make it to port in time.  I don't like early morning flights, you'll get very little if any sleep.

Are people seriously getting CREDITS (discount on their cruise package price) by asking to arrive earlier/ later? I find this incredible from their perspective as it is a customization and slightly more effort. Is it because they get more assurance people won't miss the ship and/or they save more than $25 per person because fares are somehow cheaper in small towns where the ship is the main thing filling planes on arrival/ departure days?

So me and wife get this BOGO flight deal on our cruise and then decide to arrive 1 day early and leave 1 day later.....and get an additional $100 discount on our cruise? ($25 per guest per deviation according to https://www.ncl.com/airservicestandards