Bermuda Escape Cruises - insights, information, and more just on Bermuda

CCWineLover

1 hour ago, bobitegirl said:

Yes, I am waiting, too. Submitted at 8:30 yesterday and got the pending message. Checking my email every 20 minutes, lol. Wondering when I need to start calling and/or emailing. Kind of stressful.

We submitted ours at about 7:00 AM Chicago time.  Confirmation was received and our credit card charge went through almost immediately.  Still waiting and checking every 20 minutes! 😆

7 minutes ago, molymoo said:

We submitted ours at about 7:00 AM Chicago time.  Confirmation was received and our credit card charge went through almost immediately.  Still waiting and checking every 20 minutes! 😆

Mollymoo, yes, cant stop checking!!! I'm in going to wait until around 3 before I send an email.  Let us know when you get yours!

39 minutes ago, MarkBearSF said:

I wonder if they're prioritizing them by arrival date. 

For us there seemed to be no rhyme or reason to the order of processing.  Couples submitting at the same time had one approved right away and the other not processed at all until a last minute phone call to the Hotline.  They usually say, so sorry, our error!!

On our cruise, 377 made it, 31 of the 408 did not make it due to these kind of issues, along with perhaps having the wrong COVID test.  (Has to be PCR Lab test).

57 minutes ago, bobitegirl said:

Mollymoo, yes, cant stop checking!!! I'm in going to wait until around 3 before I send an email.  Let us know when you get yours!

Will do!  I was wondering what time to start “nudging”.  I would wait until tomorrow but if there is a problem that leaves little time to remedy.

3 minutes ago, molymoo said:

Will do!  I was wondering what time to start “nudging”.  I would wait until tomorrow but if there is a problem that leaves little time to remedy.

Yes, I just sent email, but may call soon. Assume since they close at 8 Bermuda time. Dont want to waIt until tomorrow. 

21 hours ago, TxSunny said:

Thanks so much to CCWinelover for all of the very helpful information.  We are on 7/27 sailing, had our Snorkel/Swim cancelled also, sadly.  It will all work out.  All of your posting have been very helpful.  Thanks! Enjoy your sailing.

Strange, it is still showing as a sold  out option on MVJ for both days in St. George's. I would think that if it is cancelled they would remove it so people not in the know wouldn't be waiting to try and get added on board.

I decided to call the toll-free Bermuda Help Line 833-570-2594. Immediately, a women answered the phone. She asked for the number that was on the email saying that the application had been received. After giving the number, within 3 minutes she said that it had been approved and within 30 seconds the approval email arrived. Yea! The entire process took less than 10 minutes. I hope you have the same success. Perhaps, on Tuesday, some of us will be on the Delta flight leaving Atlanta arriving Bermuda around 2:40pm.

• Like 1

Just now, bobitegirl said:

Ok, I just called the toll free number. 833-570-2594. I was#3 in the queue and was helped in about 5 minutes. While I was on the phone, she checked mine and sent me the email. Sooo easy. So just call. She was delightful!!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, bobitegirl said:

Ok, I just called the toll free number. 833-570-2594. I was#3 in the queue and was helped in about 5 minutes. While I was on the phone, she checked mine and sent me the email. Sooo easy. So just call. She was delightful!!

Email just generated an auto reply to call the hotline!  That's next.

I understand that men need to wear at least long pants and collared shirt for dinner in the evenings - select restaurants ... but can men wear nice collared "polo type" shirts? Or do they have to be all buttons front shirts?

Ladies ... are nice capris allowed (with dressy tops)?

We're on the Aug 3 Bermuda Escape cruise. We were able to wear all the above on NCL cruises but it's our very first Viking cruise ..... 😁 .... THANKS!

Just now, bluesea777 said:

I understand that men need to wear at least long pants and collared shirt for dinner in the evenings - select restaurants ... but can men wear nice collared "polo type" shirts? Or do they have to be all buttons front shirts?

Ladies ... are nice capris allowed (with dressy tops)?

We're on the Aug 3 Bermuda Escape cruise. We were able to wear all the above on NCL cruises but it's our very first Viking cruise ..... 😁 .... THANKS!

The dress code is pretty casual.  Long pants (no jeans) for men and a polo is just fine!  For women capris and a nice top ( doesn’t need to be “dressy”) is perfect!  You may be even more casual at the buffet.

• Thanks 1

Any collared shirt for men. Polo style is just fine.

As to  women's capri, I  wear them with a linen or dressy  top for dinner.

I am bringing my pashima wraps , one from Mykonos and one I bought in Istanbul.(have never worn either)  Wearing them with  a white linen sleeveless tunic and black ankle pants for the  alternative restaurants.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, SRHall64 said:

Strange, it is still showing as a sold  out option on MVJ for both days in St. George's. I would think that if it is cancelled they would remove it so people not in the know wouldn't be waiting to try and get added on board.

It has been removed from all of our calendars but still shows on all days it was originally offered. Yes it is strange.   I am hoping they find a new vendor or something and still have the Snorkel and Swim.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TxSunny said:

It has been removed from all of our calendars but still shows on all days it was originally offered. Yes it is strange.   I am hoping they find a new vendor or something and still have the Snorkel and Swim.  

Hmmm. So should I pack my snorkel gear? Guess I will.

14 hours ago, lsuskybird said:

I decided to call the toll-free Bermuda Help Line 833-570-2594. Immediately, a women answered the phone. She asked for the number that was on the email saying that the application had been received. After giving the number, within 3 minutes she said that it had been approved and within 30 seconds the approval email arrived. Yea! The entire process took less than 10 minutes. I hope you have the same success. Perhaps, on Tuesday, some of us will be on the Delta flight leaving Atlanta arriving Bermuda around 2:40pm.

I’m guessing there will be quite a few of us on that flight!!

We submitted our information to the Bermuda Government Saturday morning and received our authorization email yesterday afternoon.  So far everything except the Viking Health Survey (which we never received a link to) has gone relatively smoothly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MedLog said:

We submitted our information to the Bermuda Government Saturday morning and received our authorization email yesterday afternoon.  So far everything except the Viking Health Survey (which we never received a link to) has gone relatively smoothly.

You Health survey is on your MJV under Guest information, press the  drop down link. It will be active 7 days before you sail.

Mine will open up  on Tuesday. I am going on the July 13 sailing. 

Bon Voyage !

Whew, what a process this has been getting all the required documents in order!  While everything has gone super smoothly so far, I have made sure to have hard copies and online copies of everything. Can't wait to board Viking Orion tomorrow!!  Will definitely enjoy a Swizzle or two!  We are thinking it would make sense to "go around" (the island) twice since we worked so hard to get ready to go! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, bgtraveler2 said:

Whew, what a process this has been getting all the required documents in order!  While everything has gone super smoothly so far, I have made sure to have hard copies and online copies of everything. Can't wait to board Viking Orion tomorrow!!  Will definitely enjoy a Swizzle or two!  We are thinking it would make sense to "go around" (the island) twice since we worked so hard to get ready to go! 

I’ll second that!!  After all the hoops and hurdles it’s hard to believe that we could actually relax a bit the last 24 hours!  Thanks to all on CC for support, suggestions, and encouragement!  And thanks to Viking  for stepping up and providing us with advice, timelines and checklists!  Travel is a lot more complicated nowadays and we are all figuring it out as we go!  Help at any point is truly appreciated!  Now I need to figure out what my “inaugural” cocktail will be!

Safe travels everyone!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, molymoo said:

I’ll second that!!  After all the hoops and hurdles it’s hard to believe that we could actually relax a bit the last 24 hours!  Thanks to all on CC for support, suggestions, and encouragement!  And thanks to Viking  for stepping up and providing us with advice, timelines and checklists!  Travel is a lot more complicated nowadays and we are all figuring it out as we go!  Help at any point is truly appreciated!  Now I need to figure out what my “inaugural” cocktail will be!

Safe travels everyone!

HUbbs and I are on the cruise right after yours.  Post how it goes at the airport in Bermuda and Orion embarkation if you have time please.  And have a BLAST!!!🍹

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1