Booked.....NCL Joy-Haven Suite-August 28, 2021 out of Jamaica

graphicguy

Not wanting to steal any of @sid_9169 thunder, as he’s sailing a couple of weeks before me.  But, I’m vaccinated (Pfizer x2) and booked.

Reservation At-a-Glance

• Reservation #:
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Embarkation:

Aug 28, 2021
    Montego Bay, Jamaica
    Disembarkation:

Sep 04, 2021
    Montego Bay, Jamaica
  •  
    Norwegian Joy

The Haven Stateroom 
    15XXX, Category: OX

Trip Milestones:

• Check-In

Complete your online check-in by August 27, 2021.
    Check-in Online
Check-in Progress:
40% Complete
 Download eDocs
 EDIT CHECK IN

Itinerary, Onboard Packages, Gifts & More Items

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Day Land Tours And Cruise Ports Arrive Depart Booked
Sat Montego Bay, Jamaica --- 8:00 PM 0
Sun At Sea  --- --- 0
Mon Harvest Caye, Belize 7:00 AM --- 0
Tue Roatán, Bay Islands, Honduras 7:00 AM --- 0
Wed Cozumel, Mexico 10:00 AM --- 0
Thu At Sea  --- --- 0
Fri Ocho Rios, Jamaica 7:00 AM --- 0
Sat Montego Bay, Jamaica (Flight Departure) 6:00 AM --- 0
7-Day Caribbean Round-trip Jamaica: Harvest Caye Due to security reasons, all guests must be on board 2 hours before sailing. Disembarkation usually begins 2 hours after docking. Itineraries 
  • Like 7

Have a great cruise!  

We decided to do the Adventure out of Nassau. We’ll let you know how that goes. 

We found that it is not great for Nassau since we need to make sure our pre-cruise Covid test is valid at embarkation (can’t go in early) and that the ship-provided Covid test is valid when flying back to the US (can’t stay after the cruise without having to find our own testing center in Nassau). 

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This is already adding up to be my most expensive cruise ever... I can't imagine how much it must've run to book the Haven...

Actually, the fare is pretty good (for Haven).  HI fare IS $3,900 after subtracting the 10% discount for the previous cruise cancellations.  That would be the cheapest Haven fare I’ve ever paid.

My TA will kick in some OBC (not sure how much yet).  NCL is kicking in $180 OBC.

Add in fees....~$4,200 + tips.  Will probably buy the unlimited internet ($85?).

$266 for the hotel, including 2 meals.  Flying Delta from CVG to ATL to MBJ.  Using points, so no charge.

$50 for transport to and from port (not sure about this one).  I will get in and out of the cruise for under $5K all in.

What are you figuring?

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

Actually, the fare is pretty good (for Haven).  HI fare IS $3,900 after subtracting the 10% discount for the previous cruise cancellations.  That would be the cheapest Haven fare I’ve ever paid.

Add in fees....~$4,200 + tips.  Will probably buy the unlimited internet ($85?).

$266 for the hotel, including 2 meals.  Flying Delta from CVG to ATL to MBJ.  Using points, so no charge.

$50 for transport to and from port (not sure about this one).  I will get in and out of the cruise for under $5K all in.

What are you figuring?

Don’t forget the gratuity for the speciality dinning package and the drink package.  We are at $5,500 for two people for the cheapest Haven Suite on August 7th.  That price includes $700 for flights, so $4,800 if you exclude the flights.

But I agree, those prices are great for the Haven.

Edited by jmele999
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, jmele999 said:

Don’t forget the gratuity for the speciality dinning package and the drink package.  We are at $5,500 for two people for the cheapest Haven Suite on August 7th.  That price includes $700 for flights, so $4,800 if you exclude the flight .

But I agree, those prices for are great for Haven. 

That’s great.  August 27 sailing was the cheapest Haven Suite I could find.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

My TA will kick in some OBC (not sure how much yet).  NCL is kicking in $180 OBC.

What are you figuring?

Forgot to ask - how are you getting OBC from NCL?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

This is already adding up to be my most expensive cruise ever... I can't imagine how much it must've run to book the Haven...

Honestly @sid_9169 they really are quite good.  For example, 7-day cruise on BA in an HI suite is $4775 US so this price for 7-day on Joy out of Jamaica is quite a bit less.  That's why I'm considering it but, need to wait for a change on the Cdn govt's change for the re-entry to Canada before pushing forward with a Haven stateroom.

I can wait... I remain hopeful that I'll be able to cruise from Jamaica in September.  Wish me luck or ...

just kidding... 😉

18 minutes ago, graphicguy said:

What are you figuring?

$2,427 all in for an inside cabin, including travel insurance, and gratuities for the beverage and dining package... Add in $573 for the round trip flight, and $331 for the hotel, and I'm at $3,331... I'll be upgrading my beverage package for about $240 and internet for about $90... Also, looking at a Vibe pass which will be around $129... Now, I'm at $3,790... Vastly above any other cruise, but then again, this is a special occasion...

• Like 3

Just now, sid_9169 said:

$2,427 all in for an inside cabin, including travel insurance, and gratuities for the beverage and dining package... Add in $573 for the round trip flight, and $331 for the hotel, and I'm at $3,331... I'll be upgrading my beverage package for about $240 and internet for about $90... Also, looking at a Vibe pass which will be around $129... Now, I'm at $3,790... Vastly above any other cruise, but then again, this is a special occasion...

Sid.  I have a read a lot of reviews and they are great.  Since you are paying so much for this cruise, I might have to leave the door open one night so that you accidentally can get into the Haven and get that drink that you love. 👍🏻

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Amen to that!!!!!!!

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

On the same August 7 cruise, I'm paying $2,777.39 for a BA balcony. That's $2,336.60 for the solo-occupancy cabin plus the taxes/port fees/gratuities. I had a CruiseNext for the deposit and the rest is 100% covered by FCC with enough left over to pay for a couple excursions AND my December NCL cruise. I might book the flights with points, so my major out-of-pocket expenses are the pre-cruise hotel (about $280) and maybe the week-long go-kart pass if they're offering it again. 

The Haven is actually dirt cheap for the Jamaica cruises. Well, in the context of being The Haven, it's cheap. When I did a search for 1-guest/Haven, the only comparably priced Haven fares were for 3- and 4-day cruises. It was really tempting!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jmele999 said:

Sid.  I have a read a lot of reviews and they are great.  Since you are paying so much for this cruise, I might have to leave the door open one night so that you accidentally can get into the Haven and get that drink that you love. 👍🏻

I'm definitely open for an invite into the Haven... Usually, I get an invitation from Jovo the cruise director, but there's no way of knowing who will be working on this cruise. 

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I'm definitely open for an invite into the Haven... Usually, I get an invitation from Jovo the cruise director, but there's no way of knowing who will be working on this cruise. 

Agreed, also, no way of knowing who'll be on your cruise either.  If it were me, there'd be no question, I'd invite you for sure. 

On another note:

If you need to have your covid vaccines completed prior to your cruise what's the date you need? 

Is it 14 days prior to your flight date? If so, are you planning for July 23rd or close to that? 

I'd hate for you to miss your flight/cruise due to a day short on the vaccine date. 

Or, do you even need to consider the 14day delay out of Jamaica?

Just asking for a friend... yea right. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

I was on the Encore February 2020 sailing (2nd to last before the shut down).  I asked about Jovo and was told he was no longer the GM and had just taken a position at the Corporate office. Who knows what has happened now?

Enjoy your cruise...can't wait for the Live report.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, All-ready2cruise said:

Agreed, also, no way of knowing who'll be on your cruise either.  If it were me, there'd be no question, I'd invite you for sure. 

On another note:

If you need to have your covid vaccines completed prior to your cruise what's the date you need? 

Is it 14 days prior to your flight date? If so, are you planning for July 23rd or close to that? 

I'd hate for you to miss your flight/cruise due to a day short on the vaccine date. 

Or, do you even need to consider the 14day delay out of Jamaica?

Just asking for a friend... yea right. 

Oh, that's a good question. Is Jamaica requiring vaccination to bypass quarantine? If not, I would guess you need your post-dosage 14-day period to end on or before embarkation date.

No point in delaying. The sooner you schedule the vaccinations, the sooner you can cross that off the to-do list. I've got my second dose scheduled so next on the list is finding my magnet hooks and sandals. And suitcase. And clothes that aren't sweatpants. This might take a while.

Edited by coastcat
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

Most here have sailed enough with NCL where we know at least some of the crew based on having met them on previous cruises.

Now, I don’t know who, if anyone, is still with NCL in a CD, GM, Concierge, etc capacity.  Should be interesting.

• Like 2