DeSantis could sink our chances of cruising out of Florida

4 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

What is so difficult for you to understand that guidance did come in Texas? I refuse continue to wear a face covering to protect anyone any longer. Vaccines are readily available across the state. If people want protection they can get it.  Why is it that you do not understand this logic? I take it that your state is in a bad way or something and as a result you are in a completely different state of mind when discussing anything regarding covid.

So let's make this deal...you follow your governor and let others follow theirs. 

Heh.  I live in Florida.  It's like the wild west here.  I don't take any instructions or guidance from my Governor when it comes to COVID.  When I referred to my guidance I was talking about the CDC.  Never told you or anyone else what to do.  But that's not going to stop me from expressing my opinion about it.  That's what happens here, right?  You do it.  Everyone does.  Freedom of expression still reigns supreme right?  Have a nice day.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, harkinmr said:

Hogwash!  Wearing a mask to protect others is common courtesy.  I wear one for that very reason.  I am fully vaccinated, but will continue to do so in public areas until the guidance changes.  

It is my  opinion that if you're vaxed, you shouldn't wea a mask. And when you do, you're actually prolonging the pandemic. Because we've been told that wearing masks protects people and if you're protecting them then you'e also preventing herd immunity. People will either need to get vaxed or need to catch covid for herd immunity to work. 

So be a good neighbor... speed up this damn thing and stop wearing your mask if you're vaxed. 

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Gov. Abbott said, and I quote, "Today's announcement [lifting the mask mandate] does not abandon safe practices that Texans have mastered over the past year. Instead, it is a reminder that each person has a role to play in their own personal safety and the safety of others."

Thank you for posting that.  You see, they heard the first part about the mask mandate being dropped but not the second part.  Or better yet, chose to ignore it.  That's on them.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Pratique said:

Gov. Abbott said, and I quote, "Today's announcement [lifting the mask mandate] does not abandon safe practices that Texans have mastered over the past year. Instead, it is a reminder that each person has a role to play in their own personal safety and the safety of others."

And I played my personal safety and the safety of others... I got vaxed! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

It is my  opinion that if you're vaxed, you shouldn't wea a mask. And when you do, you're actually prolonging the pandemic. Because we've been told that wearing masks protects people and if you're protecting them then you'e also preventing herd immunity. People will either need to get vaxed or need to catch covid for herd immunity to work. 

So be a good neighbor... speed up this damn thing and stop wearing your mask if you're vaxed. 

Now who's telling who what to do...🙄

1 minute ago, harkinmr said:

Thank you for posting that.  You see, they heard the first part about the mask mandate being dropped but not the second part.  Or better yet, chose to ignore it.  That's on them.

Of course it's on me and others. We're not stupid. I didn't igniore it. I vaxed up!

2 hours ago, coffeebean said:

That seems to be the hurdle we need to get over.

The hurdle is psychological.  If you've been vaccinated or have recovered, your worries should be few - go forth and enjoy life and let others do their thing.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Stallion said:

Those were waiting lists for the large venues such as Fair Park. Nobody wants to go to those large facilities 20 miles away when all their friends tell them they got their vaccinations at the corner pharmacy after a 10 minute wait. The pharmacy program has been widely expanded with great success. Eventually it will slow down because a segment of the population believes in conspiracy theories, evangelical nonsense and vou-dou medicine--it will be quite illuminating I'm sure. I still believe we can reach herd immunity relatively quickly

There will be a slow down, in fact the first sign of it has already appeared in Houston. Starting Monday, one can set their own time, own place etc. There will be now waiting in line etc. Why? Because for the first time there is more vaccines available than arms. I expect we'll be able to witness the slow down by thew numbers coming pretty quick.  

Edited by Goodtime Cruizin
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

There will be a slow down, in fact the first sign of it has already appeared in Houston. Starting Monday, one can set their own time, own place etc. There will be now waiting in line etc. Why? Because for the first time there is more vaccines available than arms. I expect we'll be able to witness the slow down by thew numbers coming pretty quick.  

Yep the slow down has started here in texas. Just because some dont acknowledge it doesnt mean it's not starting. As far as changing anyone's mind, just read cc, and realize no one has changed even one single mind. It's just people saying their pt of view. No one  .. no one is changing minds. 

To the guy with the chart saying no sign we are slowing ...

20210415_203750.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Goodtime Cruizin said:

Yep the slow down has started here in texas. Just because some dont acknowledge it doesnt mean it's not starting. As far as changing anyone's mind, just read cc, and realize no one has changed even one single mind. It's just people saying their pt of view. No one  .. no one is changing minds. 

To the guy with the chart saying no sign we are slowing ...

• Like 1

In fact, it hasn't happened yet (daily vaccinations are at historical zeniths) but if it does it damn sure won't be the CDC's fault as we have the vaccine and availability to start knock out this pandemic by the summer months. We got 13 Republican states bringing up the rear right now. Most parts of this country are well on their way to herd immunity

Again going to Fair Park or Texas Motor Speedway to get vaccinated are outdated-nobody is going 20 miles to huge vaccination centers anymore. Instead they are getting vaccinated at the corner drug store because a strategic decision made several months ago to expand venue availability

Edited by Stallion
  • Haha 1

Several months ago the Biden administration made a strategic decision to activate 40,000 local pharmacies to provide vaccinations closer to where the people actually live. It has been an unqualified success-why would anyone want to go to a huge central covid vaccination site miles away from your residence?

APhA Applauds Expansion of Activated Pharmacies in National COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy (pharmacytimes.com)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Stallion said:

Several months ago the Biden administration made a strategic decision to activate 40,000 local pharmacies to provide vaccinations closer to where the people actually live. It has been an unqualified success-why would anyone want to go to a huge central covid vaccination site miles away from your residence?

APhA Applauds Expansion of Activated Pharmacies in National COVID-19 Vaccination Strategy (pharmacytimes.com)

Of course you cant see a slow down of demand yet. Dallas forecast to clear the sign up list by friday, and said they cleared a day early. Its sunday lol, 2 days later!!

Tell me in a month that there isnt a slow down in demand. I'm reading the tea leaves, its coming. 

How much do you want to bet that within a month there is a noticeable slow down in demand for doses? We can bet bragging rights.

And what was the pt of throwing Republican states under the bus except to make it clear your politics? 

Want to bet in a month it will be obvious demand for the dose is slowing? I never said right now, today, but clearing the wait list is definitely a step in that direction. Bet? 

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Stallion said:

I live in a community of 1 million.  We have 3 mass vaccination sites. Within about 10 miles for everyone. You can drive thru and be in and out in 45 minutes. You register and get a time slot - usually same if next day now. Some 15 pharmacies have vaccines with a wait time of often 2 - 3 hours to register because of limited space and 1 vaccination station.  With no preregistration the local pharmacy lines are currently often a problem

Personal choice for everyone.  Just answering your question.

Do agree on a few weeks mass vaccination stations will be gone

5 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I live in a community of 1 million.  We have 3 mass vaccination sites. Within about 10 miles for everyone. You can drive thru and be in and out in 45 minutes. You register and get a time slot - usually same if next day now. Some 15 pharmacies have vaccines with a wait time of often 2 - 3 hours to register because of limited space and 1 vaccination station.  With no preregistration the local pharmacy lines are currently often a problem

As posted above in the newspaper our texas motor speedway is also setting records still. From the day it opened it was in and out in about 45 minutes.,its been very well run. It was opened as a 8 lane drive thru. He keeps bringing up fairpark which was not well run, but the speedway has been terrific.

We all agree the need for mass vaccine sites is dwindling. We just dont agree on why the demand for mass sites is dealing, demand or just simple easier to wait for drug store .. or it's both demand is slowing which some dont see. I do. It's coming soon. Give it a month.

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

I brought up Texas Motor Speedway too-its probably 30 minutes by highway from my house in North Dallas. Why in the hell would I want to do that? The mega-vaccination sites are so 20th Century

Edited by Stallion
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Stallion said:

I brought up Texas Motor Speedway too-its probably 30 minutes by highway from my house in North Dallas. Why in the hell would I want to do that? 

I don't know about Texas but here in Florida I could not get an appt with any local pharmacies or stores (spent hours trying) so we drove about 30 minutes to the county fairgrounds to get ours.  Now the appt's are plentiful but at the time we didn't know how long it was going to take for things to wind down

Edited by molly361
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

I don't know where you live in Arizona-you mention a population of 1 million and only 15 pharmacies-there are now literally hundreds of vaccination sites in Maricopa County since the new strategy has been implemented

COVID-19 Vaccine Locations | Maricopa County, AZ

Edited by Stallion