Cruising Without a Vaccination

12 minutes ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

aaaannnndd here it is....virtue signaling and shaming people for not getting the jab.

I’m not shaming anyone. If you choose to not get the vaccine, that’s entirely up to you and I respect that decision completely. If you choose to not get the vaccine, yet insist on partaking in something like a cruise (against NCL and the CDC’s guidelines) which is a leisure activity and not essential to daily life, than that’s where my respect for your decision ends. If that’s “shaming” than so be it. 

Edited by Murph269
  • Like 9

5 minutes ago, Murph269 said:

I’m not shaming anyone. If you choose to not get the vaccine, that’s entirely up to you and I respect that decision completely. If you choose to not get the vaccine, yet insist on partaking in something like a cruise, which is a leisure activity and not essential to daily life, than that’s where my respect for your decision ends. If that’s “shaming” than so be it. 

14 minutes ago, Murph269 said:

It’s pretty counter-intuitive for people to insist on being able to cruise without a vaccine, when it’s the vaccines that have caused infection to slow down to the point where cruising could be considered again. They’re basically saying “thank you people who decided to get vaxed and do your part to make this a possibility, but I’m just going to go ahead and not do my part while also reaping the benefits”. It’s a simple decision, if you want to cruise, get vaccinated. If your opposition to the vaccine outweighs your desire to cruise, than don’t cruise. Cruising is a privilege, not a right.  

Nope, no shame there

• Like 2

Just now, Murph269 said:

I’m sorry that the truth appears to offend you. 

I've never have been nor will I ever be "offended" by the truth.  I'm "offended" when someone quotes me as "basically saying" something I never said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

That being said, no one has to get the VACCINE.  They just have to understand, if they aren’t going to get it, there are certain activities and places they’ll be excluded from.  In this instance, cruising on NCL over the next several months.

Yeah, not exactly. Last year Joe Biden, when he was running for President, said that everyone should wear a mask. Period. Period. (yes, he said "period" twice). So what's to stop him from requiring a vaccine? Nothing, that's what. I'm always fascinated when people who make wild assumptions on this site about cruises being shut down because of an outbreak they can't prove would actually happen (it's just a prediction) will then turn around and say it's "paranoid" to suggest a vaccine might be required. Well if it's for the "good of the country" (sound familiar?), why SHOULDN'T everybody be required to get it? (this comment is not directed at you, @graphicguy, BTW, and I love your profile photo there). 😊

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

Yeah, not exactly. Last year Joe Biden, when he was running for President, said that everyone should wear a mask. Period. Period. (yes, he said "period" twice). So what's to stop him from requiring a vaccine? Nothing, that's what. I'm always fascinated when people who make wild assumptions on this site about cruises being shut down because of an outbreak they can't prove would actually happen (it's just a prediction) will then turn around and say it's "paranoid" to suggest a vaccine might be required. Well if it's for the "good of the country" (sound familiar?), why SHOULDN'T everybody be required to get it? (this comment is not directed at you, @graphicguy, BTW, and I love your profile photo there). 😊

Agreed.  Viruses come and go, loss of freedom is forever.  The freedoms you surrender today are the freedoms your grandchildren will never know existed.  What happened to "my body, my choice"?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, zap99 said:

In the UK there have been 127,000 adverse reactions to the virus. There won't be any long term studies on those folk as they are no longer with us.

The 127,000 death figure is not a reflection of adverse reactions, but the number of deaths recorded in the UK within 28 days of a vaccine administration. As this number is out of the first 30 million doses mainly given to the old and vulnerable it is in fact lower than the normal death rate expected under non pandemic conditions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

Agreed.  Viruses come and go, loss of freedom is forever.  The freedoms you surrender today are the freedoms your grandchildren will never know existed.  What happened to "my body, my choice"?

So you are saying that all anti vaxxers are pro choice? I somehow doubt that.

• Like 1

Just now, electro said:

So you are saying that all anti vaxxers are pro choice? I somehow doubt that.

Not sure how you come to that conclusion?  Where did I say that "all anti vaxxers are pro choice"?  And, just so you're not confused, I am NOT an "anti vaxxer", I'm an anti THIS jab

UK reported adverse reaction to the COVID Vaccine is false.  Not sure who made that story up, but it's been disproven time and time, again.

Freedom being taken away?  What Freedom has been taken away?  The freedom to spread a deadly virus?  The reasonings I'm seeing are crazy.

No one is taking away any freedom.  NCL requires a COVID vaccine....for EVERYONE.  You have the freedom not to get the vaccine.  You won't be thrown in jail if you don't.  However, you'll also be free to watch the ship sail away without you without the vaccine.

Edited by graphicguy
  • Like 8

2 minutes ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

Not sure how you come to that conclusion?  Where did I say that "all anti vaxxers are pro choice"?  And, just so you're not confused, I am NOT an "anti vaxxer", I'm an anti THIS jab

If you (or any person ) is using the "my body, my choice" as a reason not to be vaccinated, then they must admit that other people also have a right to make their own choices about their bodies. Their body, their choice.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, electro said:

If you (or any person ) is using the "my body, my choice" as a reason not to be vaccinated, then they must admit that other people also have a right to make their own choices about their bodies. Their body, their choice.

Okay.....and your point is?

9 minutes ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

That for people using this as an excuse not to get the vaccine, that it is just that, an excuse, and they only believe it when it applies to them, not to everyone else.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, electro said:

That for people using this as an excuse not to get the vaccine, that it is just that, an excuse, and they only believe it when it applies to them, not to everyone else.

And you would be correct for those people.  I am not using that as an excuse, I was pointing out exactly what you pointed out....it goes both ways.  My hesitancy to not get the jab is that long term effects are unknown.  Perhaps in several years, I will be willing to get it, perhaps not, but it is MY choice.

27 minutes ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

Because you and others who don't want to be vaccinated have highjacked the phrase "my body, my choice" and know full well what the implication is.  That is the point.

15 minutes ago, electro said:

Yes.  They think they are being clever.  They're not.

1 hour ago, zap99 said:

In the UK there have been 127,000 adverse reactions to the virus. There won't be any long term studies on those folk as they are no longer with us.

A sore arm or a bad tummy are hardly mass deaths.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, electro said:

wont you agree that sometimes people make the wrong choice.  i think getting the vaccine is a no brainer, and am overwhelmed that some people choose not to get vaccinated, especially since over 1/2 million people have died  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, WICKEDIRISH said:

This is like "heads I win, tails you lose."

There are clearly people in our society, @WICKEDIRISH who believe in "my body, my choice" but also "your body, MY choice." Funny, that.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, complawyer said:

wont you agree that sometimes people make the wrong choice.  i think getting the vaccine is a no brainer, and am overwhelmed that some people choose not to get vaccinated, especially since over 1/2 million people have died  

Totally agree.

12 minutes ago, DCGuy64 said:

This is like "heads I win, tails you lose."

There are clearly people in our society, @WICKEDIRISH who believe in "my body, my choice" but also "your body, MY choice." Funny, that.

Thanks DCGuy, that's what I was trying to say!

• Like 3

How about we have no vaccine requirements to cruise and YOU make the choice/take the risk of cruising with my unvaccinated self?

You know, like on every other cruise that's ever been taken?

You think that's a problem?  Can't you just decide not to cruise? 

Then maybe you'll understand.

Many people don't want the shot for a multitude of reasons.  And none of those reasons are any of my business.  I got the shot.  My choice, weighing the risks and benefits.

• Like 2