Visiting Nassau soon? I need your assistance.

I'm looking for someone who is flying down a day or two before their cruise and would be willing to visit the Registrar General Department while in Nassau.  The purpose is to research (and photocopy) documents related to Admiral Cruises' (since puchased by Royal Caribbean) lease to own rights of Little Stirrup Cay (part of the Berry Island chain), now known as CocoCay.  

Some years/names to search:

early 1970's - Little Stirrup Cay "purchased" by Neil Ruzic

1985 -  Lease to own acquired by Admiral Cruises?

1990s/2000s - Purchase completed?

At some point, Royal Caribbean purchased 135 acres and later, the remaining 5 acres.  Some on these forums claim that Royal only leases the land while others believe the land is owned by Royal.  This research will help settle the dispute.

Does anyone have any other helpful names/dates to add to facilitate this research?

Your mission, should you choose to accept it.

Edited by soremekun

1 hour ago, soremekun said:

I'm looking for someone who is flying down a day or two before their cruise and would be willing to visit the Registrar General Department while in Nassau.  The purpose is to research (and photocopy) documents related to Admiral Cruises' (since puchased by Royal Caribbean) lease to own rights of Little Stirrup Cay (part of the Berry Island chain), now known as CocoCay.  

Some years/names to search:

early 1970's - Little Stirrup Cay "purchased" by Neil Ruzic

1985 -  Lease to own acquired by Admiral Cruises?

1990s/2000s - Purchase completed?

At some point, Royal Caribbean purchased 135 acres and later, the remaining 5 acres.  Some on these forums claim that Royal only leases the land while others believe the land is owned by Royal.  This research will help settle the dispute.

Does anyone have any other helpful names/dates to add to facilitate this research?

Your mission, should you choose to accept it.

Here’s some  information about the original owner of the island who sold it to Royal.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1992-12-16-9204240285-story.html

• Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, not-enough-cruising said:

I would think Coco Cay is still Bahamian property, otherwise they would not be able to collect the Bahamian VAT on purchases made on the island. 

People can buy property in most any country. It doesn't mean the property isn't still part of that country and subject to all the laws of the country, like sales taxes, employment taxes, etc. 🙂

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, dswallow said:

People can buy property in most any country. It doesn't mean the property isn't still part of that country and subject to all the laws of the country, like sales taxes, employment taxes, etc. 🙂

Agreed, I guess I was looking at the question the wrong way.