Per Michael Bayley, Some CSO Updates

2 hours ago, Tree_skier said:

They’re  literally changing the rules on a daily basis now. We will be cruising by fall at the latest. You can stick a fork in it, I think the CDC CSO is done. 

Does September qualify?  Last time I looked fall started on Sept. 22nd, hope the 12th will qualify.

17 hours ago, PhoenixCruiser said:

Next time you get Covid you might not be so lucky.

Well, any cheering for Round 2 will be a disappointment for some because in the .04% chance I am one of those people I will be asymptomatic or have a very mild case by most accounts.  As an aside, calling side effects for 6 months from an illness as being lucky and wishing for a second round is poorly reflective of ones character.  But thanks for asking!  😁

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BOOKBOOKBOOK said:

That's terrible that someone called you a "miserable human being" for simply stating your opinion. That's out of line.

Not much of a problem when there is the Ignore function available...I don't see anything that person says.  Very pleasant.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Tippyton said:

Well, any cheering for Round 2 will be a disappointment for some because in the .04% chance I am one of those people I will be asymptomatic or have a very mild case by most accounts.  As an aside, calling side effects for 6 months from an illness as being lucky and wishing for a second round is poorly reflective of ones character.  But thanks for asking!  😁

Getting side effects for 6 months after an illness is "luckier" than death from that illness.

When did he ever "wish" for you to get a second round of COVID? Speaking of putting words in people's mouths...

3 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

This was added today. So if the local authority wants no part of a shore agreement, the cruise line doesn't need one? This could help speed things up.

What if a cruise ship operator is unable to document the approval of all local health authorities for a Phase 2A port agreement?

In lieu of documenting the approval of all local health authorities of jurisdiction, the cruise ship operator may instead submit to CDC a signed statement from a local health authority, on the health authority’s official letterhead, indicating that the health authority has declined to participate in deliberations and/or sign the Phase 2A port agreement, i.e., a “Statement of Non-Participation.”

If a statement of non-participation is all it takes to satisfy the shoreside facilities contractual agreements, then that is great news.  This was one of the major hurdles cited by the cruise lines.  We're now one step closer to cruising. 

• Like 4

59 minutes ago, BecciBoo said:

Does September qualify?  Last time I looked fall started on Sept. 22nd, hope the 12th will qualify.

I think September has a real shot.  I even think August is a possibility for some cruises.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, livingonthebeach said:

If a statement of non-participation is all it takes to satisfy the shoreside facilities contractual agreements, then that is great news.  This was one of the major hurdles cited by the cruise lines.  We're now one step closer to cruising. 

I'm not sure that interpretation is quite accurate. The FAQ says "approval from all local health authorities". 

This section defines what those authorities may be:

• For the purpose of these technical instructions only, “local health authorities” refers to all health departments responsible for implementing state, territorial, and local laws relating to public health (e.g., city, county, territorial, and/or state health departments) and exercising jurisdiction over the U.S. port where the cruise ship operator intends to conduct one or more simulated voyages and commence restricted passenger operations.

I don't have any idea how many "all" constitutes, but this seems to provide more leeway if, for example, 1 out of 4 won't sign. I wouldn't interpret this as being the green light to simply say any and all health authorities refused to participate so we're done. Getting approval for phase 2A seems pretty unlikely in that case. 

8 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I'm not sure that interpretation is quite accurate. The FAQ says "approval from all local health authorities". 

• For the purpose of these technical instructions only, “local health authorities” refers to all health departments responsible for implementing state, territorial, and local laws relating to public health (e.g., city, county, territorial, and/or state health departments) and exercising jurisdiction over the U.S. port where the cruise ship operator intends to conduct one or more simulated voyages and commence restricted passenger operations.

I don't have any idea how many "all" constitutes, but this seems to provide more leeway if, for example, 1 out of 4 won't sign. I wouldn't interpret this as being the green light to simply say any and all health authorities refused to participate so we're done. Getting approval for phase 2A seems pretty unlikely in that case. 

Maybe it's not that easy but it seems easier to achieve than the previous requirement.  I see it as a positive -- maybe I'm being too optimistic.

13 hours ago, ace2542 said:

Deaths are usually in the single figures to teen figures now. I suspect cases have dropped as a result of the spread time and increase of people getting first shot before people getting second. The Indian variant is moving quickly though but will likely not pose a problem.

That's so good to hear!

1 hour ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

Which health dept. Has jurisdiction over a Us Port.  Lets say Miami port, Would it be Miami County Dept of Health or the Fl State dept of health?

I read this as the letter needs to come from that agency, whichever it is.

1 hour ago, Tree_skier said:

I think September has a real shot.  I even think August is a possibility for some cruises.

Hoping you're right, we are so looking forward to an 8/29 cruise. We would have had one of the last cruises out of NJ before the shutdown, and one of the first going back. That said, I know it's still a longshot, but things are changing hourly. 

On 5/16/2021 at 6:44 AM, Heymarco said:

Why are people so concerned about fake vaccine cards? It’s something for respective parties to sort out and has nothing to do with anything. 

Unless someone here is trying to figure out how to cheat the system? 🧐🤷‍♂️

First of all I heard on the news that an employee of CVS stole CDC cards (see link below) At this point it doesn't matter any more and I'm over it. Tomorrow you have the option of not wearing a mask while shopping if vaccinated. Nobody is going to check or ask if the customer not wearing a mask is vaccinated.   We still have to wear masks at work vaccinated or not and that is what pisses me off. This is the very reason I'm waiting to this entire event blows over before I book a cruise. I refuse to wear a mask.

https://abc7.com/cvs-employee-stole-vaccine-cards-fraudulent-long-island-wokrer-covid/10632116/

• Like 1