HAL resuming in Alaska July 24

CruiserBruce

5 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Just the N. Amsterdam for now. Announced on FB. Must be vaccinated. Wonder if Koningsdam will join them.

I do not think so, those that were booked on the Sunday sailing of the Oosterdam will likely be switched to Zuiderdam or Westerdam. The cabins/deck plans are identical and will be easier to place those booked on Oosterdam to wither Zuiderdam or Westerdam that is already on the West Coast. Noordam is close but cabin numbers are slightly different. There would be no way to swap over the Koningsdam. But....what I do think they will do is announce some last minute Mexico sailings starting in August or California coastals stopping in Ensenada. HAL needs to bring in revenue and there are plenty that will jump to cruise out of California for summer into fall.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, LAFFNVEGAS said:

I do not think so, those that were booked on the Sunday sailing of the Oosterdam will likely be switched to Zuiderdam or Westerdam. The cabins/deck plans are identical and will be easier to place those booked on Oosterdam to wither Zuiderdam or Westerdam that is already on the West Coast. Noordam is close but cabin numbers are slightly different. There would be no way to swap over the Koningsdam. But....what I do think they will do is announce some last minute Mexico sailings starting in August or California coastals stopping in Ensenada. HAL needs to bring in revenue and there are plenty that will jump to cruise out of California for summer into fall.

Correction of what I just stated, it appears that there will NOT be Oosterdam, the only one will be Saturday sailing on the Nieuw Amsterdam and those on the Oosterdam will be switched to the Nieuw Amsterdam Saturday sailing, So they are only doing the one ship.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, CruiserBruce said:

Just the N. Amsterdam for now. Announced on FB. Must be vaccinated. Wonder if Koningsdam will join them.

So they can use Canadian waters, even though there is covid in these waters?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sir PMP said:

Sailings out of Seattle usually go out to sea...don't do the Canadian portion of the Inside Passage. However,  the traffic pattern in the Strait of San Juan de Fuco do require some Canadian waters.

If HAL bookings are open May 21st. (Tomorrow), will they be available on line at midnight tonight, or would I have to log on or call them when the offices open in the morning?

Thanks.

Edited by Suzanne123

5 minutes ago, Suzanne123 said:

If HAL bookings are open May 21st. (Tomorrow), will they be available on line at midnight tonight, or would I have to log on or call them when the offices open in the morning?

Thanks.

I’ve already emailed my PCC.  She asked me for my preferred cabin categories.  My base answer was “I just want to be on the ship”.  We will go with the best cabin available that our budget can handle!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, zelker said:

Does anyone know if B2B's will be allowed?  Or Cruise/Tours offered?

Thats a good question.  But these itineraries are RT Seattle only - so no Alaska cruise tours will "connect" and the voyages are very similar if not the same every week.  Not sure if the CDC is allowing 7+ day voyages and that may extend to individual passengers.

1 minute ago, cruisingrob21 said:

Thats a good question.  But these itineraries are RT Seattle only - so no Alaska cruise tours will "connect" and the voyages are very similar if not the same every week.  Not sure if the CDC is allowing 7+ day voyages and that may extend to individual passengers.

Ohhhh.... didn't know they weren't doing any North to South and vice-versa cruises.  Still, we love Alaska so much we'd be happy to stay on twice even if it repeats ports and not worry about doing land this year.  

35 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

Yes Sir Meneer from Den Haag, but don't let me catch you trolling a bucket on a rope from your balcony and, worse yet, drinking Canadian Pacific Ocean H2O from it! That's no bueno, eh!

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

44 minutes ago, Sir PMP said:

From what I understand, the sea birds and turtles will be in those waters with masks. That will take care of the problem.🤔

https://wskg.org/news/disposable-mask-pollution-concerns-environmentalists/

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, zelker said:

@LAFFNVEGAS  Any chance you could email me a screen shot of the itinerary since we can't see it online yet?  barb dot h at comcast.net   Thx!

this is what Seth Wayne listed in his announcement

Seattle
juneau
icy strait
ketchican
glacier bay

on Nieuw Amsterdam starting July 24th

Edited by richwmn
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, zelker said:

@LAFFNVEGAS  Any chance you could email me a screen shot of the itinerary since we can't see it online yet?  barb dot h at comcast.net   Thx!

Not sure if this will come out correctly but this is from when I log in, that way everyone can see it.

CRUISE

Saturday, September 4

Seattle, Washington, US

Depart: 4:00 PM

Puget Sound

No activities are booked for this day.

Sunday, September 5

At Sea

Monday, September 6

Scenic cruising Stephens Passage

Juneau, Alaska, US

Arrive: 1:00 PM Depart: 10:00 PM

Tuesday, September 7

Glacier Bay

Arrive: 7:00 AM Depart: 4:00 PM

Icy Strait Point, Alaska, US

Arrive: 6:00 PM Depart: 10:00 PM

Wednesday, September 8

Sitka, Alaska, US

Arrive: 8:00 AM Depart: 5:00 PM

Thursday, September 9

Ketchikan, Alaska, US

Arrive: 7:00 AM Depart: 1:00 PM

Friday, September 10

At Sea

Saturday, September 11

Seattle, Washington, US

Arrive: 7:00 AM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks, @LAFFNVEGAS - I hope they allow a longer stop in Ketchikan since they eliminated Victoria. And what's with 4 hours in the evening in ISP??!!??  Oh well, beggars can't be choosers at the moment and I'll be happy just to get back up there and love me some 49th State!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Crazy For Cats said:

With an email to my PCC and a follow up call we are booked in a corner aft cabin for 7/31!  We were the first one she booked since the announcement came out.

Congrats!!  Does the itinerary still show Ketchikan as 7am-1pm?