Odyssey Bookings Yet?

Think they are trying to figure this out right now.  Marine traffic as of an hour or so ago already has odyssey en route moving to freeport from italy with it scheduled to arrive june 6th.  I suspect that destination will change before it gets there.  Odyssey is on its way toward us now.

Edited by atricks

7 minutes ago, atricks said:

Think they are trying to figure this out right now.  Marine traffic as of an hour or so ago already has odyssey en route moving to freeport from italy with it scheduled to arrive june 6th.  I suspect that destination will change before it gets there.  Odyssey is on its way toward us now.

Well they have the dates chosen as I can see on the RC app. Starts in August, 6 or 8 night Caribbean.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Maybe on the air if it’s after final but the cruise is covered under CWC. 

What are the 2 dates  between that the CWC would cover free  changes?

31 minutes ago, lovrccl said:

Well they have the dates chosen as I can see on the RC app. Starts in August, 6 or 8 night Caribbean.

I wonder what they'll be doing July and August??  I would think they would start cruising in July from wherever since the ship was supposedly fully staffed.    I guess the magic 8 ball will reveal all next week.  

1 minute ago, CruisingHogFan said:

I’ve changed a couple sailings with NRD and it was $100 a person. Last one I did was in January 2020 just prior to COVID. 

The introduction of NRD was not well received by all, as with any change.

My dream scenario is RCCL will try to move those booked from Symphony /etc for July sailings onto Odyssey, since she is staffed and ready to sail.  I would MUCH rather go on Odyssey!  

If I can dream that I am cruising in July, I can dream that it could be on Odyssey.  I guess?

3 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Vikki Freed (SVP) stated a return to cruising announcement was coming next week. 

Apparently there was an official announcement from Bayley about Royal submitting for a test cruise to the CDC today? I hoped they could find a ways to skip these and go straight to regular sailings.
The test cruises don’t seem fun to me at all even if free!

14 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

Apparently there was an official announcement from Bayley about Royal submitting for a test cruise to the CDC today? I hoped they could find a ways to skip these and go straight to regular sailings.

I’m still not understanding the need for test cruises since they stated needing the vaccine for cruises.

Not sure if they will be able to run vaccinated cruises out of Florida. 

57 minutes ago, CruisingHogFan said:

42 minutes ago, mavo68 said:

I’m still not understanding the need for test cruises since they stated needing the vaccine for cruises.

Reported on news in Florida friday that Port Canaveral & also Port Everglades have submitted the Port Health  Plan required by the CDC to do start up. This plan is the agreement for the safety of the crew,  passengers and port  workers they required in the last publication.  Bob & Nancy

15 hours ago, torpeedo said:

I wonder what they'll be doing July and August??  I would think they would start cruising in July from wherever since the ship was supposedly fully staffed.    I guess the magic 8 ball will reveal all next week.  

Looking like they are starting to load dates for a July start-up from Port Everglades

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CruisingHogFan said:

It sounds like part work and part fun to me. It's all about what you want. I'm ready for a change and new adventure. I want the bragging rights to say I was a part of the test cruises!